-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
A nice little update on this: I decided the speakers need a little more ooompf so purchased and just installed these little beauties: Also the interior plastics, being 11 years old and in original state are in need of some tlc. I ummed and urred and ended up getting a carbon dip on them in red. I tried out the dash plates first with the company (easiest to remove, not very big etc) and very happy with the results: I will probably do the door cards the same way as well. Also have put leather over the centre tunnel and put in an Elise handbrake (much chunkier!) which is in annodized black and looks miles better than the OEM one. So progressing slowly but surely
-
I am only with the AA as its part of my bank account offer. I have used them once and they were pretty good. One Saturday morning at about 6am I set out in my diesel car to get to a specific wedding suit tailor to get measured and fitted (it was a fair distance away and my appointment was at 9am!) anyway of course in my tired state i stuck petrol in and drove about a mile down the road before the realisation hit me and I immediately pulled over. Rang the AA via my bank and a guy got to me by 8am to tow me back home. By 10am I had a fuel service guy rock up and by 11:30am had the car fully flushed and on the road again, total cost £220. I also got a classic story off the AA guy, he was in his fifties, strong Indian accent (I say this because he was a really jolly fella really trying to get my spirits up so when reading the below imagine how it sounded to me!). I was there panicking as I was clearly going to miss my tailors appointment etc etc and he just said: "For my wedding 30 years ago, I had no suit the day before my wedding and out of nowhere my best man arrived and gave one to me, it was an amazing suit I was very pleased. I got married in it, have used it for very special occasions since. Last year over dinner, he finally admitted to me that he stole it..." Hollowpoint your video is shocking and distressing mate, totally feel for you both, nothing worse than just being stuck in the middle of nowhere when previously what seemed like an easy decision about what to do turns into a nightmare and none of it was communicated.
-
Stillen front splitter
-
Quite simply the best childhood toy though surely is
-
Fukushima! do people realise we could all be fudged!
coldel replied to Sempiternal's topic in Off Topic Discussion
...especially given the amount of Japanese who have died since the disaster who went in at great risk to themselves to try and sort it out. There are You Tube videos that tell you anything - you can select any theory you like and find a video that supports it. -
Unemployed must work for their dole
coldel replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
...and whilst unemployed, I volunteered a few hours a week as a teaching assistant in a local school, I just rang them up and asked, I got paid nothing for my time. Thought I might as well if the alternative was doing nothing but watching TV. A few weeks later after helping them out for free that same school offered me a full time paid teacher training role for the coming academic year. I'm not trying to show off here, but don't really believe in luck, I believe unless you put yourself in a position to get something, you won't get it. -
I had this transformer for years, it was brilliant, and it was called Slag
-
I had a little silver pot of wax in mine, is that a runner up prize?
-
Unemployed must work for their dole
coldel replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Absolutely, you can have an opinion on anything, whether you have experienced it or not. Even if someone has experienced something, it is only their experience of it and could be the complete opposite of what another person has experienced, so what makes theirs so much more 'valid' than someone else's experience, it doesn't mean that theirs is 100% correct of the system as a whole, it's just their opinion. I was out of work last year, Lik AK350z said I also didn't claim anything as for the time taken to go through the hoops for £60 a week I decided to do something myself. I collected all my old car detailing bits up, printed out some personalised flyers to detail high end cars (I did scouting trips to see nice cars in driveways) in my area and dropped them through doors. I was getting £50 a go to spend 3-4 hours washing/polishing/waxing cars. It is possible to do stuff off your own back rather than relying on someone else to find you a job through a system. -
Mine turned up yesterday
-
Well done guys
-
New owner from Surrey area
coldel replied to Robcolbourne's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome from another Surrey ex-zed owner! -
It was very much mob mentality and some sort of 'we are in a movie' style behaviour took over. If the guy who got hurt was indeed helping another fallen biker then he should also throw some blame at those that charged the RR in the first place. As for sitting there and dialing 999, sorry but you wouldn't just sit there having a chat with some call centre person on the phone whilst some guys smash your windows in, really, you wouldn't. The guy is just feet away from you, the nearest police help once you have confirmed location etc is going to be minutes away, thats too late.
-
the biggest crock of sh1te - climate change
coldel replied to rtbiscuit's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I could be very cynical and think bigger than the UK, and think that the likes of the UK and Europe want to curb China's global presence by stopping them from churning out production using inefficient and pollutant methods that we have self imposed bans on ourselves. I really don't think a couple of hundred quid tax on a car makes jack all difference, industry or not. I reckon we pay about 100 taxes many stealth a few more obvious every year we just don't know it or care to find out unless its headline stuff that political parties stick on the front of manifestoes. -
Now thats a crock of sh1te
-
I havent got mine either... Not exactly good service for my first month...
-
I think it was more 75/25 bikes/rangie fault. They were riding their bikes very badly along a multi laned road, bike meet or not thats bad manners and is clearly going to cause problems for other road users. Maybe the rangie parped them, shouted out the window, or just drove close to them but he seemed to upset one guy who with utter stupidity took it to a next level with the braking maneuver. The rangie seemed to stop for some time, we can't see what happened but suddenly he just took off. He shouldnt have driven over a bike like he did, but he wouldnt have hit anyone had the plant life not tried brake testing him. As far as I am concerned if someone brake tests you and gets hit like that, its their own minuscule brained fault.
-
the biggest crock of sh1te - climate change
coldel replied to rtbiscuit's topic in Off Topic Discussion
To be honest I think the idea that governments are using it as a reason to tax us is way off the mark. If it wasn't climate change, they would find another way they already tax us in hundreds of ways there would be another reason, they have been doing it for centuries. I am going to have a punt and say its more likely a political tool to enforce change on the likes of China who chuck out the most crap in the world (but of course means they are developing at a rate that threatens the likes of the US). From what I read, I don't think we are just speeding it up, it looks like we are shifting it beyond a natural recoverable limit? -
http://news.sky.com/story/1148430/bikers-attack-range-rover-driver-after-collision
-
God that looks stunning - could so end up getting one of these after the VX!
-
Unemployed must work for their dole
coldel replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
We don't always agree Ekona but I'm with you one hundred percent on that. I am sick to death of people (unemployed or otherwise) moaning about the cost of having kids. Can't afford em, don't have em! I was on a job that paid a lot, my wife had a great job lined up, between us earning a fair amount of cash. Then her job suddenly got dumped out of the blue and I got made redundant in the same week with a 3 month old baby. Yes we took a punt that I was paying for everything and that my job would be safe when having our baby but we had a huge amount of bad luck in the space of a few months financially, and to be honest how else can you plan for a baby other than having a job and not being in debt? Also we were having trouble conceiving, time was running out as we both approached 40. So it was now or never. Prior to the job nightmare we had I had been in continuous employment for 12 years, I don't shirk work. We lived off our savings for a while but that child benefit made a massive difference to simply paying for some food shopping as we tried to make it stretch as both of us coped with the demands of a young baby and huge life change and trying to find work in a recession hit market place. Its not always just scroungers taking in child benefit. -
Not a 350/370 but thought I'd show you it anyway
coldel replied to HollowPoint's topic in Other Cars
Nice -
Two things that wives are exceptionally good at.....
coldel replied to OV53's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Also: Driving into walls in empty car parks Going around roundabouts way too fast for the car to handle at the same time as shouting out 'weeeeeeeee' -
Unemployed must work for their dole
coldel replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Hmmmm. unworkable, too draconian, won't really make a dent for the £300m they are looking to spend on it. Its just another headliner to garner support from the majority employed. -
Check around the engine for leaks? Literally stick your hand in there. Also if the car is going to sit idle for a couple of days stick some cardboard underneath which will show clearly anything leaking down from the car. Are you getting any blue smoke from the exhaust? Especially on start up (valve stem seals?).