Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Funny I have never heard of this, but then again never been in that situation. Bit daft of a plumber to assume that everyone knows this is what they do. If you have tossed it in a skip then I guess even though it technically is your property people will think they are doing you a favour by selling it on. They should mention it though - a bit stupid not to?
  2. Prosport seem like a good bet, have come across them a couple of times now. D1Spec?
  3. The Venom didnt break the record, they have to do two runs in opposite directions (to account for any wind assistance) which as far as I know they didnt do?
  4. Thanks for the responses so far - Defi seem to be the market leaders, but also charge £150 for the pleasure, as mentioned looking for something of decent quality at a sub £100 price.
  5. As per the above really, its for my R33 but wanted to see if anyone has bought a good gauge over the years they can recommend - ideally wont want to be spending £100+ !
  6. Probably thought it was a newer car and would have been better alarmed/harder to get into than something older?
  7. All booked in for the 12th May happy days - hopefully be up to circa 330bhp
  8. I would keep looking, also try private you will generally have some success putting in lower offers then. I think we all totally understand the line about 'its not about mileage but condition' but do bear in mind that you want to get something with lower mileage AND in good condition if you intend to ever sell the car in the UK market. I would rather flex other factors such as age and even facelift vs non on a Zed - the UK market is incredibly fickle, if you go the high miler route expect potentially come sale time to lose at least half of your potential buyer population simply because of the miles, in good condition or not.
  9. Something I was never quite happy about on my zed was the gearbox, felt a little clunky and I had play in it - in the end just put up with it. It certainly wasn't as tight as a few other cars I have owned.
  10. VX220, nice cars!
  11. coldel

    So errr...

    Liking that a lot - steal at £8k!
  12. ..about time you upgraded then Will
  13. Can we somehow make Husky's post a sticky!?
  14. Having had a zed, vx220 and then the R33, in order of comments...R33, Zed then VX220! Not sure why but people never asked me about the VX...maybe they just thought it was some sort of crap kit car. The zed I had some nice comments on, mostly from petrol station sales assistants who thought it was brand new (had a private plate). The R33 though is getting much more attention, the other day caught some guy taking a 'selfie' in front of it and just this week at a client meeting came back to the car to find a guy admiring it and as I got in he asked if he could take a photo so I backed off and stood there whilst he snapped away! I need to work up my standard response to these people, most of the time I just mumble about how difficult it is to keep it clean but I am sure I could have some sort of funny response up my sleeve for these situs!
  15. You can always get motordyne ones from Tarmac, I think? Well thats where I got mine 3 years ago! (failing not wanting the one off wasso of course!)
  16. My sticky front plate...
  17. A good bit of car buying practice, walking away and not letting the heat of the moment get the better of you! As the boys have said, £7k will get you more than a non GT with paint and gearbox issues - gearbox syncros are prone on the 350z and not cheap to sort so good move to walk away.
  18. Get a louder exhaust...
  19. Am astonished in this day and age with cheap electronics and huge storage capability companies can't afford to film all of their car park at once.
  20. I got a sticky reflective plate made up on my zed before I sold it. Always kept a set of proper plates in the boot in case plod stopped me I could use the old 'just been to a show swapping them back now Sir' excuse, but in 6 months no one stopped me. To be honest its not that easy to spot one that is made up to the correct size vs a normal plate.
  21. Multiple points on that vid though - that there are cyclists out there that are utterly frustrated as well as drivers with the blatant law breaking and moronic behaviour made by lets face it at least half of all cyclists on the road
  22. That green supra has been up for sale for about a year now...awful car! But they do look good I saw Vix other halves supra at a meet last year, breathtaking car looks better in the metal than the photos might show.
  23. Hurrah I am off to Noway in a few weeks...maybe replicate the shot?
  24. I oh so nearly flew up to Glasgow to buy a GT4, but then *plumped* for my R33 The S2000 for me was too small inside and I just wasn't that bothered with having to rev to 6000rpm before anything happened. I only test drove a couple, maybe as an owner you can have more fun. The Zed definitely felt like there was more room and more presence. The Supra would be awesome, I would love one of those but nearly all are auto (so factor in the cost of a manual conversion) - having spent a bit of time on forums before getting my Skyline it seems people are going the way of buying un-thrashed NA Supras and fitting a turbo i.e. an NA-T. Seems like possibly a better route especially if you like building stuff. As for my current car, it is STUNNING, great power for my requirements (currently sat at 280 with a little fettle will easily be up to 330), dropped on BC racing coilovers and various strut bars in place makes it handle miles better. Four seats, decent boot and it has a glove box - and that turbo noise, oooooh so addictive, ticks all my boxes haha Have you removed your one of these? I've heard it improves the handling I'm joking btw, I know the 350z isn't exactly nimble Ah I already had the round of ribbing on that front - you missed out mate! Of course I wont be pointing out that its something like 100kg lighter than a Zed OP Reliability wise, you have no concerns over the engines on the Supra its more that the rest of it lets go first. And remember, zeds are 'common as muck' nowadays
  25. I oh so nearly flew up to Glasgow to buy a GT4, but then *plumped* for my R33 The S2000 for me was too small inside and I just wasn't that bothered with having to rev to 6000rpm before anything happened. I only test drove a couple, maybe as an owner you can have more fun. The Zed definitely felt like there was more room and more presence. The Supra would be awesome, I would love one of those but nearly all are auto (so factor in the cost of a manual conversion) - having spent a bit of time on forums before getting my Skyline it seems people are going the way of buying un-thrashed NA Supras and fitting a turbo i.e. an NA-T. Seems like possibly a better route especially if you like building stuff. As for my current car, it is STUNNING, great power for my requirements (currently sat at 280 with a little fettle will easily be up to 330), dropped on BC racing coilovers and various strut bars in place makes it handle miles better. Four seats, decent boot and it has a glove box - and that turbo noise, oooooh so addictive, ticks all my boxes haha
×
×
  • Create New...