Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. That makes sense but it has to work both ways, we ship out the freeloaders who are born here who refuse to work and never work who also make up much more of the benefits claimants than immigrants. Other countries in the EU take more immigrants than us, we get fed a load of stuff about them all making a beeline for us, but the numbers show Germany take many more than we do. But yes leaving the EU right now is daft, we would be very alone on our little island in the global economy!
  2. I find UKIP quite abhorrent in most of what they say, clearly there has to be a control on illegal immigration but why not have movement of people? I have been a foreigner in another country twice working and I brought some unique skills sets, it just doesn't feel to me that UKIP have that appreciation, they look at individuals and seem to want to tar many people with simple brushes. Breaking out the EU isnt a good thing in my mind, we simply weaken our global standing and forego the powers we have in the EU (which are bigger than our 'market share' anyway) - it doesnt seem a reasonable business move and hence why I wouldnt let a UKIPer anywhere near the treasury. As a few said, I have done ok in the last 5 years, made redundant twice (not due to immigration I might add) but worked hard either cleaning cars to teaching in schools until I got back into what I was doing before. So thinking that change right now is not going to be good for the economy...so guess that sticks me in the Tory camp.
  3. Ha its quite a fun read actually - clearly exacerbating the issues we know petrol has vs electric - how about someone write a similarly tongue in cheek one the other way around "So I went to my car dealer with my savings clutched in hand, only to be told that it wasnt enough! How much I said! Thats before I even pay my levvies on top - they dont even let you keep the batteries... ...I got in my electric car and the range counter said 5 miles, no problem I thought I would just pop to my local charging point and fill up. What do you mean the closest place is 38 miles away and it takes 15 hours to fill up, this is 2015, my phone charges in 15 minutes! I finally filled up with what I thought was my free and clean electricity, but then someone kindly let me know that 40% of Swedens electricity is nuclear! I am killing the planet filling my car up, its meant to be clean! I started driving and went to change gear, but there isnt one! I just found myself sat in this quiet box turning the steering wheel, at least they let you keep that...for now! Etc!"
  4. Good luck pal, that really is rotten luck.
  5. Spotted this morning
  6. coldel

    GT-Four

    I was fuming, went out and just blasted one of the Polish builders cronic - he looked a psycho with his tats and skinhead etc but must have come across as psycho myself he bricked it and ran back inside the house. Boss came out and tried to say that it wasnt their fault and was soon put in place, they are paying for everything. Can't believe it happened one day before Brighton, bloody jinxed - although calmed down a bit when I thought you know it could have been somebody's head that got 'slated' as they had no barriers out and could have done some serious damage, at least a metal bonnet can be fixed.
  7. coldel

    GT-Four

    Well it was immaculate, until my neighbours builders dropped a load of slate tiles on the bonnet - off to TGM it seems - Gutted
  8. I had the clutch suddenly go (also had a high pedal when I bought it) after about 4000 miles from buying mine, gutted as all the mod money I had aside had to go on probably the dullest of things in a clutch. Fortunately my dad and brother fitted it so no labour cost. I think the actual selling point of your car is how unfettered it is - apart from the exhaust (assume its the quieter one!) its in great nick, if I were writing the advert that would be my focus.
  9. Would suspect a few of them on autotrader would have also had the clutch done if they have 60k miles on them. I am not sure you can command a big premium for it (even though its a stinging bill when you do get it done), the car might be easier to sell but many clutches run to 100k miles some go at 40k, maybe stick a few hundred quid on for having had it done. Looking at PH etc looks to be around 8.5k to 9.0k from a dealer, 7.5k ish from private - I would suggest in terms of what you will actually get for it knocking off say 5-10% when people make offers?
  10. If you go to this forum folder http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/18-350z-faq/ there are buyers guides etc for you to read through
  11. Are you after a gaitor (which is the leather sleeve at the base) or the actual handbrake handle changed? If you are changing the handbrake handle you will in most cases have to remove the leather from the handbrake - involves cutting it away and peeling it off which is a bit of a scary moment but quite easy to do - I put on a momo handbrake handle along with a leather gaitor.
  12. Are you looking to sell quickly? Completely guessing on this but I would think there are plenty more buyers looking for a car that doesnt need work than one that does - your buyer market could be smaller, and even then you will be subject to offers below asking price, which you will if it was repaired but if repaired you are in a stronger situation to negotiate as you might have 3 or 4 prospective buyers. All guesswork as I say but have found my bargaining power selling a clean car and pristine car a lot stronger than one with problems.
  13. I have a friend who has made £45,000 in just under 18 months on a GT3RS, one who made 15K in 18 months on a 964 Cup and another who in fairness got a bargain but reckons hes made at least £10K on his 240Z in the 6 months hes owned it. HAGI reckon the limited edition Porsches have gone up an average 24% in the last year, and unlike high risk investments these cars are always going to have some value as well. Not driving them is the same as not drinking investment wine, or putting art and jewelery in a safe deposit i.e. something that goes on every day. Likewise, my brother bought an Evo8, put 15K miles on it over 3 years and sold it for more than he bought it for, Ive no doubt our MR2, Range Rover and GTI-6 will all make a grand or two more than we paid when we come to sell them on in a few years. I doubt a Z8 was £28K in 2000 BTW, it was still in production at the time and I remember my boss paying close to 100K for one, I think you might mean the Z1 If you know of a bank account that will return 33% annual interest then Im all ears, really I am Exactly, we have an erm, lets call it a sizeable lump, of cash we want to use for the next year after the sale of our flat - speaking to the banks best thing you can get in terms of just slinging it in and leaving it there is max 2% - hardly groun breaking stuff, I made more than x5 that on my last two cars over the space of 8 months and I drove both regularly. I dont think its that hard finding cars you know are at the bottom of the depreciation scale, its knowing which are going to pick up soon but the rarity of them tends to help with that decision. Wife and I actually considered buying a few rare cars as an investment over the next year and selling on!
  14. Kind...of agree - there are plenty of short term big gains to be had in cars. If I held onto my VX220 for another 18 months I would have made around £2k on it on an £7k outlay based on 'for sale' prices online - although it was in superb condition and would have got pretty close to asking price I think. You wont get that return from a bank.
  15. Because its a girls car
  16. Says the guy with the dodgy clutch and smoking 350z
  17. Generally I would have thought the special editions hold value - I remember only 4 years ago the Tommi Makinen Evo 6s could be had for around £8k-£10k now they are £10k minimum for a dog around £15k for a half decent one. Nissan 300zx twin turbo?
  18. With any luck Celica GT-Four ST205s I did have a cheeky look at VX220s before buying the Celica and I couldnt see anything like mine when I sold if for less than £9500, £1500 more than I sold mine for 2 years ago - can really see them climbing. R33 GTRs are going up in price - again looking at prices over the last few months at least 20% up on about 18 months ago. Elise S1s are now more expensive than their newer S2 brothers.
  19. I guess the MK2 followed in the footsteps of the MK1 and the MK3 was an attempt at using a good brand name in the MR2 in a different market. In terms of looks mate, have you seen the latest bodykit conversions for them - admittedly they are something like £15k but hey with a V6 or maybe a turbo in the back might make for some car...
  20. Mk3 was a real left field entry why they switched to a roadster? Although stick a V6 engine conversion in from woodsport and you got a very rapid car!
  21. Welcome mate, also previously an R33 and 350z owner - a good crowd here, enjoy.
  22. Nice work fella - the pull of the Jap car eh! Very capable motors these, just avoid the urge to go all boy racer on us with wings, stickers etc (which I am sure you will)
  23. Bought some off ebay (imagine its a similar product) and lost the colour also over the course of 6 months (satin black) There was no primer on them, just a chromey plastic underneath a thin layer of paint by the looks of it.
  24. Well as long as they guarantee your money back direct - the complaint I saw on the google search was that the guarantee sits with Evolution who refused so the fitters refused as they didn't want the money to come from their business so that was that. I think go for it - be good to see a review as long as you don't mind running that small risk of ruining the cars engine which an ECU can quite easily do. Also make sure they do before and after dyno runs.
  25. It looks like it might be this http://www.evolutionchips.co.uk/Car_and_Van_Remapping_Search.asp stick in Nissan, 350z etc and it pops up with cost of £249. Looks like they just stick in a generic chip? A quick google of reviews shows some people saying their Ford Focus ST works fine and others where their Honda Type R is guzzling fuel and neither the fitter nor Evolution Chips are taking responsibility for the refund. As others said, be it on your head - but I would be careful of the guaranteed refund.
×
×
  • Create New...