Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Ekona will be along shortly to discuss 'mixed tyres' with you
  2. How big is the company you are moving to? Generally I would find that this isn't a problem, larger companies have set budgets they feel are reasonable to recruit the person they need for the role. You said you are currently underpaid for what you do, they offered you a salary for the role you will come in to within their pre-agreed limits on salary. Trust me their first priorities will be to ensure you hit the ground running and like the role and that you can do the job, salary will be the last concern.
  3. Dan's fault for writing something sensible for a change it's thrown us all out of kilter
  4. Good read this, for those with Canons I still use my 350D had it for 9 years now with the same lenses although my everyday 18-55 lens has also just gone pop. I dug out my canon macro lens which I have probably put about 200 photos through and used it to produce this, although meant standing in a bush! I would normally have not bothered with anything non DSLR but have to say I might have to sell the faithful old 350d with associated lenses and pick up something like a mirrorless.
  5. Yep GTR R34 is one of my favourite shapes in standard form, GTT is shocking, understand how they had to differentiate but really by quite that much. RX7 at minimum needs that front bumper or aftermarket for sure. I am still umming and urring about my own GT4 front, it kind of works but I do sometimes hanker for a flatter front...
  6. Front looks too MX5 Mk1 for my liking, no bad thing but prefer it more on the MX5.
  7. OK so I am referring to the majority I see with the standard bumper on not the 99 spec one as per the picture. Personally I would not leave the RX7 looking like the red one above and look to add something like the 99 spec one, wheels, lowered, spoiler (so in effect half a body kit and wheels and stance) it looks day and night better.
  8. Is the front lip standard? I see RX7 as standard looking like this? I think R34 GTRs look great stock, the GTTs though (as mentioned the rear wheel drive versions) just don't cut it for me and certainly need the tweaks to the bodywork:
  9. Absolutely... I actually think lots of RX7s in standard form look a bit lame, and really benefit from some changes here and there. The rear wheel drive R33/R34 Skylines also really do need those changes to really make them look something a bit more purposeful and less like a family sedan - but its all subjective hey.
  10. I was just saying I like the VS kit on the RX7s generally...confused when JP told Ricey the VS kit was not VS and was Kazama, I thought he meant generally not referring to the pic at the top
  11. Sorry confused.com, Ricey was referring to the yellow RX7 at the top right? Too early...
  12. I didnt realise this, so when I google it and find thousands of references to it, they all got it wrong? (Im not being sarcastic here, really, its not Veilside?)
  13. ..I like the Veilside RX7 kit
  14. I am astonished at the consistently low punishments for this sort of behaviour - as a start never allowed to drive again, absolutely no way. Whats a few years driving ban? Prison on par with manslaughter as far as I am concerned.
  15. It does in a lot of cases come back to childhood, been mentioned on here a few times. Admittedly if you go to London's poorer areas they are certainly much more populated with a much higher ethnic diversity. I would certainly say you are a rung down the ladder if you wanted to achieve more in life growing up in that environment. All that said, I went to the third worst comprehensive in the country, only 7 of us out of 113 students in our year got 5 GCSEs at grade C or above. As an example my Physics teacher's job before coming into our school was as a dustman and his name was Mr Bates, you can only imagine what it was like attempting to pass that GCSE but I got my head down, put my own time in at home to get through exams, support from parents who refused to blame where we lived or the crap school. I'm doing pretty well now I think - I'm not saying all this to boast, I'm saying this because when people let other circumstances around them dictate what they think they can achieve they have already put a barrier in the way of themselves. Its harder I agree than say young Henry James Montgomery the Third who gets all the best schooling and probably sponsored into a top job, but it's doable, stop blaming the world, pull your finger out and just bloody well get on with it!
  16. Even cameras on surrounding roads, problem is proving who was at the wheel...either way if they do catch the person it should be ten years and never allowed to drive again - astonished at how lenient penalties are for dangerous driving in this country.
  17. As long as he tries the handle and it doesnt open I would imagine he will move on. A good practice is to leave ashtray and glove box open showing nothing in it to deter people from bothering to brick a window.
  18. Its all just bizarre. A quota of recruitment based on race surely has to be as illegal as not offering a role based on race? Racism, if it exists in a certain industry or company has to be dealt with at its core which is to sort out the person/s responsible, quota's for me simply help keep racist people in positions of power.
  19. It was always there, you just had no reason to notice it before
  20. Exactly, he would never have done Ali if he was white Actually come to think of it, could you have been a Fresh Prince if you were white?
  21. I think he is 'almost' there but wonder if you stuck him into the oscar winning roles you see whether he would do such a good job. Certainly never going to be De Niro or the like. He provides reasonable entertainment but do not find him on the whole convincing, I think the best I saw of him was Pursuit of Happyness.
  22. I think Ekona hits nail on the head, as soon as someone convinces themselves they are not achieving because of something like their colour its a pathway to continual failure. They will always look outside their own issues for reasons for not achieving and not look to improve themselves. Yes there will be instances of out and out racism which needs to be tackled but if you want to improve you should always look to yourself first - certainly a Mr Will Smith is far from the best actor in the world and has some way to go, maybe he should think a bit more about how he can improve himself.
  23. Kidnapped by Gargamel!
  24. Only feedback on the BH stuff is that it stinks, pretty bad, even when I put the lid back on!
  25. No it doesn't you short fat black gay immigrant
×
×
  • Create New...