-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Yes, MoT is all about failing tests, if there is nothing to test, you cannot fail. If the tester sits in the drivers seat knowing you have HIDs and sees the button and presses it and nothing happens (not likely but possible) then you fail.
-
There are many subtle fees baked into contracts, it is shocking. When I queried the £180 renewal fee and asked what work was done on their side the response was 'its in the contract' - they know its an utter rip off and just goes into the bonus pot to be spent down the pub. You can download these documents for free off the internet and two signatures do not constitute £180 worth of work or sunk cost. That said, there is the odd good 'un about, and I will name them, The Corporate Letting Company in Richmond! Yearly fees to tenant for renewal £35 which is much more reasonable. But agree on the inventory charge, why do tenents have to pay to be told what the landlord owns in the house? And we were landlords for 6 years until recently so have been both sides of the fence.
-
As the car has a headlamp washer button inside the car it would be easy enough for the tester sitting in the car to know they are fitted but blanked off (thus not functioning). Like said above, if the guy is feeling particularly picky it would be easy enough for them to discover if washers are fitted and are 'not functioning' it really depends on your luck on the day.
-
What colour is your zed? I simply put black vinyl over my reflectors, along with a black car it worked well I think in terms of losing the orangey divot - £2 cost to do and reversible
-
Because if every country defaults then you become an unrealistic borrower, we do not generate enough cash to cover our expenses, if we default, we cannot then borrow and huge public spending cuts follow likely causing recession and public chaos. Or the central bank can print tonnes of money, but then inflation becomes a serious issue with the cost of living going through the roof and again our country as an 'investment' becomes less viable and we are unlikely to be able to borrow in the future if we would need to, or if we can borrow the interest will be substantially higher. The money is all real by the way, it does exist and is spent by the associated countries. Plenty of countries run at much lower levels of national debt than the UK.
-
Stupid rule or not, if an MoT tester is having a bad day and spots this, you might find yourself trawling around other testers to get it through. As above, you take the risk but you cannot blame a tester if they fail you on it.
-
There isn't on pretty much any car nowadays. When designing the first NSX they copied Ferrari design of the time, the front is a copy of the Ferrari 328 (Pininfarina were used to design the original NSX)
-
The first NSX is what I would have drawn as an 11 year old when I got my crayons out...again its all subjective what is boring and what isn't (as so many of these threads about 'does it look better' tend to go). I think from behind it looks particularly good
-
I think both look fantastic, the first one had a slightly big backside if I am being uber critical which I didn't like
-
Yes CT is a farce, its all come to light now but 5 years ago I worked for a company of 8 people where we paid something like £100k CT which was more than Starbucks paid over the previous 5 years thanks to their accountants playing the game. So small businesses were funding this country whilst huge conglomerates were flaunting the system.
-
Look top left, your username is there witha drop down arrow, select My Profile, then when it opens in the top right is a button which says Edit Profile
-
3 if you exclude the Ferrari
-
Thing is 8 years ago national debt was £80bn, but then we decided borrowing was the way forwards until we were borrowing £180bn a year, austerity has been awful but that got down to around £40bn a year forecast for this year, but brexit has meant the forecast shot up to around £60bn borrowed so already £20bn down. I think now more than anytime previously the people in this country need to take note of money moving around and what it means for us.
-
The annual debate on what wheel drive is best, wonderful Fun, is a subjective word, much like Looks. What is fun to one person is not to another. Some people clearly do not enjoy the back of the car sliding all over the place and have more fun chucking cars nose first into corners. I think the argument around driver skill is somewhat flawed, whatever you are trying to get your car to do requires different levels of skill, I would imagine this chap and his FWD car has more driving skill in play below than most RWD drivers going around a track will ever have
-
Chirags car sounds
-
Notice that the balance of payments surplus for 2020 has been scrapped. Amount of cash this country owes is just scary, something like £1.5 trillion now isn't it, and now its going to only get bigger.
-
You could cap it, just say £50. Sure companies could just charge £50 anyway, but some might try to be a bit more tactical to win an advantage over others. Certainly estate agents shouldn't be charging £150 to renew a rental for instance which I have been charged in the past, which is just printing out a pre-prepared page and getting two people to sign it. I have a friend who inspects houses for energy efficiency for estate agents, he says they all laugh about these fees as being the best way to pay for office parties.
-
IPT up, whiplash reduction to create a downward pressure on premiums, experts reckon a zero sum game there. Yes agree on the rent costs, like when banks were told they couldnt charge for using an ATM, they just charge us more to have the account in the first place.
-
Few things car related: Fuel Duty rise cancelled, again £220m on reducing traffic pinch points £1.1bn on local transport networks I wonder how much longer the fuel rate will stay as is...been something like 5-10 years now it hasnt gone up.
-
I think Flex may be on here soon to comment on a certain Jean Luc being the best!
-
...and if I want an hour of entertainment, sod Clarkson, on goes Only Fools and Horses
-
Problem is Harris is great for the petrol head (Although he is boring in his delivery and expression imo) talking facts and figures but the mass public who made up topgears numbers couldnt give a stuff about the ZF gearbox in a BMW M135i etc they just want to see people doing dumb stuff and laughing at each others. Same with Sabine she can drive but the corvette vs viper film was horrific from a presenter stand point infact did she do anything other than that i cant recall? I totally agree, but in terms of what "I" like I do not like Clarkson and co reading jokes off a board and providing high level info on cars when there is a fair amount more to it than that. I like a splattering of entertainment on the show, but also like the idea I can learn something also, the online programme after new TG was great for this. GT doesn't offer that at all but its not meant to. Personally, I have found after many years of listening to Clarkson and co that I have tired of the same jokes etc. and felt ready to move on. New TG seems to be trying to keep some level of entertainment and put a bit more intelligence into the programme which we have all seen is not an easy thing to do.
-
I was going to say, have you spotted any rot that was cleverly hidden upon inspection at sale?!
-
I actually thought the first few episodes of new TG were pretty average too, the last few though were so much better, there felt a shift away from the scripted stuff Clarkson does and I thought pulling CE away from it really helped and found I really enjoyed CH talking to us about cars in a more informed way instead of Clarkson loving the 4C, Hammond loving the 911 even if they turned one out made of paper etc. I find Sabine just amazing, somewhat ironically in high powered cars you get Hammond 'screaming like a girl' but put a girl in one and she laughs her head off as she takes it way beyond what Hammond would