-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
I know Jez and have taken multiple cars there over the years more than happy with their work - but still I am a cynical guy and never take things as read All the independent stuff on this shows that any grounding issues on old cars are resolved by cleaning and restoring the current grounds, rather than adding more. All that said, I bought a set, looked cool on the engine
-
Yeah saw that H Dev report, as much as I admire them I always take any research a company does on a product they sell a little more lightly than any independent testing which is less open to interpretation and more objective
-
Looks great....until ten minutes after that photo and the dust arrives and the car looks filthy again I had a black Zed and it was a pain in the backside!
-
Its really up to you - if you can get to the battery then go for it although will there be fittings for the front bumper that are under the bonnet? On my VX there is a separate battery back up for the locks, a button hidden away so that if you press the button and the key fob button it activates the back up battery and unlocks the doors, not sure if there is anything similar on the Zed. Have you tried reading the manual for the car?
-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Passenger-Left-Left-Door-Window-Glass-Coupe-80320-CD000-7-10/303316475448
-
VERY debatable if these kits actually do anything. Look nice though. If you think you have a grounding issue causing issues then clean all the current grounding points first - Nissan kindly built the cars to work well without need for extra grounding straight out the factory
-
And yes, its well documented that these cars as well as their Lotus cousins are glued together for weight saving
-
Ironically it has some shiny new bolts holding it on, so when you look at it from behind and from far enough back you seem them up against the black diffuser! Might have to paint them...
-
Will be at Caffeine and Machine this friday lunchtime - never been, passing through so me and my mate are stopping in (have booked tickets!)
-
Sorting the rad and clam out last time took up so much time finally got around to changing the oil/filter/plug and air filter today, along with this little beaut going on... Which goes on like this Makes a big difference to the look of the car I think and goes with the black and blue theme.
-
Stunning! And yes you are allowed on here In fact the majority of people that make this forum and community possible and put in the hard graft don’t own Zeds anymore - would love to see a review of this machine it looks amazing!
-
When I paired Berks HFCs with a Miltek got perfect level of quiet off the gas and loud when on it, HFCs did introduce a rasp though.
-
Aye to be fair that one was right, but if you take an objective view and look through the last five years of posting on the subject there are dozens of claims that it was 100% certain it was coming out this year because of X Y and Z. In fact only last year we were told by the people in the know 2020 was the year it would be out .. would people like me to point and laugh at those quotes? Anyway in other news humans will colonise Mars next year...sure you may laugh...but If I keep repeating it each year until it happens I can then say I told you so
-
Anyway Dan haven’t you got other more pressing issues to worry about right now than this!
-
To be honest you could go right back and pick out the dozens of “my mate knows it’s being launched at X motor show this year” it was all a load of old rubbish. I found one where it was a bang on certainty it was coming out in 2018 - it is obvious that there is lineage and at some point Nissan might launch another one but there were more incorrect claims about it being launched than not. Personally I’m not really one for going over old gossip and prefer to see stuff a little more concrete before getting excited, but hey that’s just me.
-
Couldn't help myself, another new part ordered...arrives Friday, fitting on Sunday. Going to do the oil change and filter changes too.
-
Ha, I spend my life on my laptop for work - a million words a minute dude!
-
...see my amend to that post above. I am excited about it, but not just because its a Z but because its a new iteration of car in a segment I take a lot of interest in. Sorry if thats offensive to some people on here but ultimately thats their issue to contend with, not mine. And reading back the posts, sure there were some that said it wont ever happen (and it still hasnt ) but also that it was that some people just wanted new news not just the same old news with slightly different text associated with it - which I don't think is an unfair comment to make.
-
Yes the Mustang was an amazing launch, totally nailed it and the new Z needs to be exactly that. As Dan says, just because I have tonnes of posts on here and owned a zed doesn't mean I will be running out the door the day the next one is launched with my finance sorted and throw it down on the table at my nearest Nissan dealer - I am open to quite a lot of brands (I drive a Vauxhall and proudly keep the badges on it FFS!) and I loved my zed but am very open to other cars and what new experiences they bring, and if the new Z is a just not on par with its peers I wont go near it. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the new Z iteration now we have something worth looking at and are free of the endless rehashed rumours that circulated for years, but in the same way I was excited about the Mustang launch, the Supra launch and so on.
-
That must be immense! I feel pretty exposed in my car, let alone something like that!
-
Most automotive car makers are also in debt, pretty much in line with with their relative size of business. You also have to look at the context, VAG makes around a quarter of a trillion Euros in sales revenue per year.
-
Yeah, wont knock people for buying new cars as thats how I end up getting my used one! But to lose so much in depreciation I will never swallow. I had a new company car once and it was cool to spec it out (2L Scirocco back in 2009 when they first came out)
-
On a photo the Alpines look terrible, in reality look better, but still not for me. Rather be in an Evora
-
In terms of sales figures vs production costs, really its a case of getting enough sales that the aftercare/service/parts makes it a viable ongoing business investment. Certainly this car isn't going to be the halo car that gives Nissan kudos. I think its well understood in the car community that if you had the option to buy a 370z or a Cayman/Boxster if you love your Jap cars you buy the 370z if you love the dynamics of driving you get the Porsche (sorry guys, not forgetting where I am posting) - I am certainly in the former camp, I get Porsche and what it brings but cannot buy one as I want something else that is a bit different - round here in SW London there are swathes of Caymans/Boxsters/911s literally see one every 2 or 3 minutes if I walk down to the high street. In terms of looking back, the world has made a gravitational shift since the 370z launch not only economically i.e. recession but from a perspective of changes to costs and future government plans around electric, they dont want you in high power petrol engine cars. Comparing back just isn't apples and apples. The Supra is also a red herring, there was massive interest around it as it is a legendary car, unfortunately the z range of the same era doesn't carry that same level of prestige, again apples and apples.