Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. You need a wheel/caliper simulator to try out the options!
  2. coldel

    All Season Tyres

    Young? Am liking you
  3. coldel

    All Season Tyres

    What car does she drive? A quick google brings up dozens of reviews of winter vs all season vs summer tyres on test, the likes of Evo to the Telegraph all seem to have an article on it, would be a good place to start.
  4. Nope not driving a Zed, clue is in the signature down there ULEZ is rolling out in April in central London, then in 2021 rolling out to the north and south circular for no other reason than those roads are convenient to put the signs up than anything technical about where pollution is created etc. I agree, it is all a money spinner, like I said on another thread at the same time they are implementing this citing Green reasons the government is signing off an extra 700 planes a day flying over my house into Heathrow, both decisions = more cash It's a shame there is no allowance around cars that are 25 years or older, there aren't many that I have seen and when I do they are usually very clean well looked after cars that are clearly enthusiast owners. Its not like there are a plethora of old knackared Cortinas plodding around.
  5. Where roughly south central you thinking Andy?
  6. ...actually as we turn into 2019 I now look at the ULEZ coming into play in central london, it expands to inner london in 2021 which my current car and any RX7 will not pass so looks like unless I move further out my days of looking after older classic cars is coming to an end!
  7. coldel

    All Season Tyres

    Im no expert (Dan will be along in a minute) but given winter tyres are made specifically for wintery conditions they will be better at driving in snow than all season ones. Depends on how much snow you are expecting? I live in the south east and can count on one hand the amount of days of wintery weather we get so just leave summer tyres on all year round.
  8. Quite a few insurance agencies refused to insure my celica because of the wrap on the roof. Do you have evidence that admiral said it's not a mod as usually it pops up as a mod on most sites/insurers when insuring?
  9. A Mondeo it is then Stu!
  10. I have so many people queued up, chap at a zed meet wanted it, I get contacted via youtube by people too. Theres a guy on the gt4 forum wants it too...but yes, you did ask quite some time back Should be no problem to sell and there are some popping up at around the 9k mark now via the importers due to the pound losing value.
  11. So yesterday out the blue a guy from pistonheads sees my project thread and emails me asking to sell...then today after explaining it to the missus walk into Richmond high Street to get food shopping witness a stunning dark blue rx7 pulling out of waitrose car park...it's a sign I tell ya
  12. Can one be had for 10k though
  13. I have looked at a few mate, I dont do that many miles (possibly 5k a year?) so if I got one with a recently rebuilt engine and some sort of warranty against it I might consider it as a rebuild would be probably not done in my ownership (as I tend to only keep them a couple of years on average). I do also have a self imposed £10k cap on cars I own, just to keep it sensible. Although that was my downfall as I was a gnats wing away from buying an R34 GTR a few years back for around £25k, what it would be worth now!
  14. Might stick with the old Toyota for a bit longer, be interesting to see where prices go with the advent of the US import market opening up in March. Car needs its usual servicing I do every 5000 miles (over serviced but what the hell). I am keeping an eye on the car market but running out of ideas for cheap cars (under 10k I have set that limit) at equivalent fun and performance factor.
  15. Car Chem products seem to be getting the illogikal seal of approval nowadays...overall would you say their stuff is well above equivalent priced brands? I have a fair few Gyeon products haven't tried Car Chem yet...
  16. And for my next trick, make my arm go invisible!
  17. Seems an odd video to release, it sounds like any other OEM 6 cylinder with a heavily catted exhaust. Sure a few crackles but hey par for the course really. Sure it will sound much better when the exhaust and cats are sorted
  18. Yes the mk5 is definitely much more aggressive looking, but if you look at the mk6 celica they both followed a very similar design style. Also cars back then in general didnt have an aggressive look. Just look at how 'happy' Zeds look even when they were styled years later, in basic form hardly aggressive either Cars generally didnt have an aggressive look in the early 90s swooping lines was all the rage, look at the 300zx, RX7, GTO, R33 etc. The NA version was decent enough but not a patch on say the M3 at the time, but thats why the TT was around, which was and still is a legendary engine, fully forged straight out the factory
  19. Yes the RX7 is stunning and somehow just ages so well.
  20. I would disagree, for a car built in the early 90s the Supra was nicely designed, looked fast, purposeful vs a lot of other boxy rubbish that was kicking around. Sure right now it certainly looks its age, and people throw bits onto it, but back then you cannot deny the posters from Athena looked good with it on.
  21. Miltek is a great option for being able to start the car up discreetly and head out, then open the taps and it really roars WHEN coupled with sports cats or decats. You can cruise without it drumming your ears but then when you need it to sound great i.e. when giving it some beans it really comes on song. On its own though with OEM cats it is very quiet. I had mine on with cats (bought it used off a member) and drove it away it sounded the same, add those sports cats though...bear in mind the sports cats tend to rasp.
  22. Yes a bit of a political farce, she was never going to lose that became very clear throughout yesterday. Some common sense finally prevailed i.e. a no deal and WTO is a terrible route to take for this country and puts many jobs at risk, that the EU are not renegotiating anything, that we need to focus on getting this backstop issue clarified and the deal put before parliament - keeping her in was the best way to do this.
  23. Hence the message from Ellwood earlier in the day when JRM tweeted 'time for a new leader' - basically castigated him about his character and his disloyalty. JRM and DD have done nothing but discredit the process since it was clear their vision was totally unimplementable. TM had to come in and sort the catastrophic mess they created in July this year to get to a deal, we needed a deal, something, DD did nothing but alienate us from our biggest trading partner. Since then JRM and DD have been nothing but spiteful children who have had their rattles taken away...hopefully tonight can shut the pair of them up for a bit so the government can focus on getting the deal we need.
  24. Ironically, TM is one of the only people you could argue is doing this for the country. She refuses another referendum, she is trying to get a deal, she is literally doing the worst job in politics right now and knows even if she survives tonight she wont be leader at the next general election. But yes, Corbyn has nothing but power in his mind and could not give two hoots about the country. He has no plan, no approach, cannot answer questions challenging his comments on brexit the guy is slime.
×
×
  • Create New...