Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Its one of those questions, that if you knew the answer, you would be a very rich person. 300zx's I understand are not 350z's (you could argue they are much rarer and twice the effective price of a 350z) are only now just creeping up, they bottomed out ten years ago. R34 GTRs have doubled in value in the last couple of years after sitting around £20k mark for ages. I think the challenge with modern classics is that they are built in such high numbers, much better put together etc. If you really want to make money on a 350z, should be worth something in 10-20 years time...not sure I would sit on a zed for that long with fingers crossed though!
  2. Nothing wrong with certain EBC brakes, but sounds like he is just wanting to flog you EBC as he probably puts a decent mark up on them. Anyone who knows their stuff must know those brands are no worse than EBC.
  3. They shouldn't be damaging your rims at all. Best take photos prior to tyre change as evidence and take it to a reputable (not the cheapest) place you can.
  4. According to stuff I have read, making a material reflective is not making the plate legal. The number plate must be made of a reflective material which steel isn't. It also appears the number plate should be capable to bend and return to a flat shape again metal won't do this. Also some talk that ANPR cameras cannot read properly raised letters in certain conditions. I think the short answer is no they are not legal but happy to be shown the error of my reading up if someone knows better. In any case you would be pretty unlucky to be pulled up for it.
  5. Pretty sure they are not legal (something about not being reflective) you would need to put them over the legal plate at shows?
  6. Took mine off and sold if for £60 on ebay!
  7. coldel

    GT-Four

    Ten grand will see it on your driveway
  8. coldel

    GT-Four

    Ha yeah, sod the lot of you that do not like it, I do I think the camera angle makes it look a lot fatter than it actually is, it still easily clears speed bumps too. Fox nailed it above, it was built to rally but I have lowered the car put larger alloys on and sprayed badges discreet black so it looked a bit odd on the front with the raised nose the side profile of it was just not fitting with the rest of the car which looked more GT. Car going back to spray shop to get the wings blended in (as the red is slightly off the wings but matches the bonnet) - I didnt blend it originally as I wanted to be sure I wanted to stay with the look but having lived with it for a week or so really like the front so getting the blending work done and have sold the OEM bumper/fogs. Fortunately the majority of my driving is on London roads, no fear of not having front fogs (which I never used once in nearly two years of ownership).
  9. coldel

    GT-Four

    Yeah it's marmite but the OEM one was a bit pointy and looked a bit dated. I didn't really like it hence the change. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. coldel

    GT-Four

    New front bumper much flatter front, more aggressive, nice big air dam and fog lights out.
  11. It all worked How easy was that. Will look to upgrade the iCloud as well seems like a no brainer.
  12. I dont pay for icloud so I *think* I only have 5gb of storage on it?
  13. Cool - phone due to arrive between 1:30 and 2:30 today, either smiley face or shock horror face on this thread around 4:00 will denote my success rate!
  14. How do I do a full manual backup to laptop and restore? Sorry I am completely useless at this sort of thing! I have no podcasts on my phone - will go under that setting and see what it is thats soaking up my memory...seems really odd.
  15. iPhone 7 Plus arriving today, daft question but what tips on making sure I successfully switch over to the 7 from my 6 taking contacts, apps, photos etc with me? I have taken VR photos with Google Cardboard photo app for instance, how do I retain those? I also plugged it into iTunes and I have about 20gb of 'Documents and Data' what is that given it also shows music, photos, apps - what on earth is taking up 20gb that isnt those?
  16. What was the reason for using this stuff over the tried and tested plastidip out of interest?
  17. I remember reading stuff about this when I was really into photography, the landowner has the right to deny you take photos but the law is grey on something like this because often the mechanics are not the landowners and cannot impose the same right. They can say they will not work on your car, as is their right, but they cannot invoke a rule to stop you unless the landowner of the property they rent imposes it on their behalf. Im not a lawyer so do not expect this to be 100% true! If they do demand you have it disconnected then you are well within your rights to demand it is reconnected when it leaves the private property and onto public property again I would say because if they are involved in an accident and the camera is not running I would be pretty annoyed regardless who was to blame.
  18. I took a walkthrough Vid a couple of years back - gives you an idea of the scope of cars on view
  19. Yeah get that but that is not the point we are looking at, the original point was made by mechanics that they disconnect cameras so that "we don't allow cameras because of security of the workshops being victims of burglary and cameras recording etc' when in many cases you can stand outside the workshop and look in as they have open fronted workshops, or have to walk through parts of them to get to the reception area, or if you ask you can be accompanied in etc. I was sat on the train today which stopped at Mortlake station I looked out the window at Mortlake motors and saw four cars in the workshop and the whole interior of it from sat on the train - the idea that they would for instance disconnect your camera for this reason is as I say, just nonsense.
  20. When I had alignment done on my car I walked in, the MOT centre I use I walk in and stand with the car as it goes over the ramp - its pretty common practice. Most garages I have seen and used over the years have the shutters on the front of the building and you can just look inside even whilst standing outside. The excuse to turn the cam off for that reason is as I say is complete nonsense. Its basically to stop people capturing any balls up that they can cover up and get away with simple as - there is no security risk or the like. I can though believe that someone would simply not want their days work recorded and put on the net - if they were up front about that instead of making up excuses which bear no weight people might be more inclined to trust them.
  21. I did read about them in Auto Express or something like that a few months back - I cannot locate the article but google turns up pages like this http://heavy.com/tech/2016/09/top-best-gps-tracking-devices-for-cars-vehicle-monitoring-obdii-module/
  22. Sold - thread locked
  23. There are some neat trackers around at the moment, £100 and last for about 3 months before needing charging that communicate with an app on your phone. Mostly for use if the car got stolen but equally for knowing if the car is being ragged senseless around roads.
  24. Good points but largely not convincing in my eyes. Mostly people want the dashcams on when the car is on and in motion not when its stationary and switched off. Yes the cars might be on and running briefly inside a workshop but for work like services most of the time its off - so no big brother going on there really. As for scoping out garages, thats just rubbish. If someone wants to rob a garage you walk in and enquire about some work and walk out again, that will give you much more of a view of the content of the place than a car with 110 degrees of view dashcam which probably isnt picking up brand names and labels on tools etc.
×
×
  • Create New...