-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Funny how the definitive car are generally the ones we know of our lifetime/last 20 years - Model T Ford anyone, as THE definitive car
-
Hmm not sure about plenum, I think a few people tried hydro on plenums and it was fine. I did the door grabs as well inside mine
-
Best moon going car - lunar rover Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
For me the Supra was the definitive Playstation car of choice, much faster than the GT-R Im pretty sure a Lotus Elise exists as a definitive lightweight road car of choice - simplify , then add more lightness I lacked the skill to control the supra when it was fully tuned, whereas the GTR34 was fairly controllable for those of little skill. You needed MPSS on it
-
For me the Supra was the definitive Playstation car of choice, much faster than the GT-R Im pretty sure a Lotus Elise exists as a definitive lightweight road car of choice - simplify , then add more lightness
-
It is like a high quality phone cover - it is also the cheap option! I really want to hydrodip them ultimately, the plastic is quite thin and fiddly in parts so vinyl wrap doesn't work so well, the dip would give the cleaner better look in my opinion. I did plastidip my R33 interior and it stood up pretty well, a couple of nicks appeared after a few months, the dash though in the R33 was a lot more curved, the Celica is quite flat and vertical so you are not really resting your hands on any part of it. I was really impressed with the finish of the metalizer though, it really did wow me for the price (£10 for a can off ebay) and adds a more professional finish to it. Whole thing came out smooth and even across the surface.
-
I went past kilimanjaro when I was on a camping tour of Tanzania and Kenya many years ago - it looked impressive as Stu said though factor in stuff like Ngorongoro Crater as it is awesome too.
-
Bradders on here has a net he got cheap off ebay and uses to hold down gear in the boot - he had it for the Scotland trip, did the trick.
-
Just catching up on this thread, I can give a big tick on the Vreds Vorti's - they were on a deal I snapped up on one of the usual tyre websites £54 per corner (sorry chaps but that's narrower wheels for you!) I think - for my driving style and the car absolutely spot on, slapped down about 3500 miles on them in around 18 months now. I have felt them a little twitchy out of corners in the wet but otherwise ok - my car is AWD and a little bit older though and imagine the experience is somewhat different to a modern Zed. MPSS generally get in the top three in most reviews that happen, so are pretty good, if you go for something else premium/high end mid range you will only end up in a ditch if you put it there.
-
Ha and found this photo, this was in 2007 so mobiles were not quite what they are now...dude who owned a water stop trying to get a signal I mean sod that!
-
Go for it Dan, you won't regret it. As above though don't underestimate the importance of a handy bottle of O2 - when living in Japan I walked up Fuji which is not as high as Killi at 'just' 12,500 feet I think it was but still about three quarters of the way up I had about two hours of bad dizziness that forced me to stop and I thought I was going back down again. Physically its tough but its the lack of oxygen that makes you feel sick, lose coordination etc. that is the thing that drains you. We literally got about 100m from the top when the sunrise came up so (stupidly now thinking about it!) jumped off the trail and found a nice spot to take it all in. Anyway to inspire you... View from my apartment in Tokyo every morning that made me have to do it 3000m and in absolute fine fettle - stick is absolute requirement! The tour group we were trying to evade for the sunrise! On the way down...trying to look cool, was feeling rotten though, sick, headache, but awesome I think when you have a moment like this Dan where you think of something - just book it, then its there and in the calendar!
-
Visual recommendations help! Respray... doh!
coldel replied to reeceybeaney's topic in 350Z Modifications
Looks like a black zunsport grill fitted to the front. -
Aluminium is on my list, great thing with plastidip is being able to just peel it off. Wanted to try the more 'out there' options first, it does look much better in reality than the camera captures, its not neo chrome at all.
-
I used red metalizer on black plastidip on the interior, came out really nice, its almost impossible for the camera to pick up the proper look of it though!
-
It just turned 22 years old in February!
-
Finally, have the car looking how I envisaged it. Took the plunge with the C-One full front bumper, most people go the route of adding the lip but I went the whole hog and replaced it all. Wrapped black roof to run with the rear visor, it really is looking how i want it, sleek, low slung and aggressive but retaining some of its 90s character. Also had a little play with plastidip metalizer on some of the interior parts, photos coming shortly...
-
Driving back from Emsworth to Richmond, pulled out onto the A3m and behind a 10 plate 370z, also saw a ginger 350z on the other side a few minutes later.
-
Certain areas never counted towards post count from day 1, we just added a few more due to the levels of spam we often see to bump posts to 100 to use the forum as a place to sell your car FoC.
-
Jesus mate hope you are better soon. Have had three NHS moments over the last year or so, most recently cracked ribs, little Alfie getting bad fever in the middle of the night and a knee injury I got - each time the NHS were great, I guess it's a bit hit and miss sometimes. But yes agree get that private care in asap! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Posting in certain areas of the forum doesn't increase post count. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Basilico 5 Meats Pizza, a 500ml bottle of Pale Ale and a Magnum FTW - although have to say yours looks top notch!
-
[Graphic] I Was Gonna Do The Exhaust Spacer Mod...
coldel replied to Strudul's topic in 350Z General
So back on topic, I genuinely think from your description what you would like is either the Cobra or Miltek with HFCs (if you don't mind rasp) -
[Graphic] I Was Gonna Do The Exhaust Spacer Mod...
coldel replied to Strudul's topic in 350Z General
So, would just progressing your project and thanking people for their time whether you agreed with them or not, rather than setting about disproving people who had genuinely inputted into it, have made the outcome more favourable to both yourself and those posting? Its not a question I want answered just one that should perhaps be considered. I am not going to get into a tit for tat on this - only as someone observing that thread and some others that also were contentious neither 'group' were an innocent party, there was no morale high ground to be held. That's all I am really going to offer on this subject really, its a busy life as a mod on here -
[Graphic] I Was Gonna Do The Exhaust Spacer Mod...
coldel replied to Strudul's topic in 350Z General
Wrong. Wait.....you spend all week moaning that people aren't giving suitable explanations and then you simply post a one word answer without backing it up? (I'm not saying you are incorrect by the way). Just finding you a little bit of a hypocrite. Not much point when my opinion is disregarded due to my age / experience, but if you insist, here's a load of other people confirming my point. https://forums.nasio...d.php?t=1358781 Right, I am going to be quite frank here but do take it in the right way. There are members on here that are younger than you and have less experience but appear to not be 'disregarded' as you put it - why do you think that is? If every young owner on here was bullied or put down on their opinions then I would agree with you, additionally I wouldn't stand for it either and would be PM'ing them with some warnings/bans pronto. But that certainly hasn't been the case since I joined a fair few years ago now. I read the original exhaust mod, despite people who have owned many performance cars over many decades giving honest opinion (note its opinion, not fact, but in the absence of fact that's what you have to live with...) you pushed it back at them in quite a condescending manner and it got progressively worse for all involved from there. Clearly you like chatting on the forum, you are keen to try stuff, but you need to get this chip off your shoulder about thinking people are out to prove you wrong because you are young/inexperienced. Its not a competition as to 'who is the smartest' on here - its about us all enjoying our cars and making the most of them. -
Its all here under the Media/Photo section http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/103493-how-to-add-your-photos-to-the-forum/