-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
TM getting hammered on Sky right now after her manifesto turn around. Babbling about nothing changing (it has) and generally handling it terribly as a media event. Does concern me that if she got stuck in front of some serious political figures in a meeting she would be very ineffective...so not convinced by her right now.
-
Older Zeds always seem to have clunky gearboxes, very agricultural! The older cars I have bought since have smoother gear changes, it doesn't mean your zed clutch is on the way out though. Mine went on 45k miles, I think it really does depend on how much abuse the car has taken as others have run on the original clutch up to 100k miles.
-
I fitted one, and to be honest for the money wasn't really worth it. From what I could see it did exactly the same thing as just putting your foot into the floor on the go pedal, it just tells the sensor to push the engine revs up higher compared to where you have put your foot down on the pedal. Clearly there is no performance enhancement, actually I found I had to leave it at a lower mode in and around town to prevent revving the nuts off the car and leaping off the line right up to 22mph before hitting traffic Took mine off in the end when I had uprev done - but yes can relate to the comments above about it feeling like you are revving an F1 car or something, drive it for a bit though and it did become quite tiresome!
-
Oooh very nice, yes rare sight on the roads!
-
"Whats the difference between management & leadership skills?"
coldel replied to TomBorehamUK's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Both are positives if you ask me - managers are people that are responsible for a certain process in a business, leaders will be the figurehead of a business and responsible for the overall success of the business. In my experience both have very different skills sets - good managers tend to be highly organised focused on the job in hand, leaders tend to be fantastic communicators, networkers, people that inspire but also bear the burden of expectation of the business success or failure. But it really depends on what you mean by 'management' - are we talking about project managers or people managers, or process managers or product managers? I think for 20 minutes I would define the question, outline your version of what is different, bring forward case studies for good and bad versions of both (like the Strudul diagram above) then sum up with an elevator pitch which best defines your belief in the answer to the question? -
Stunning - black again eh!
-
I would agree with the above, its the family wagon, something about a silent running family car that has pimped wheels that would just shout chav at every moment. Stick to standard I would say.
-
Cheap Halfords Advanced socket set £10.62
coldel replied to richard.hezlett's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
I bought something similar at a highly reduced price, still going strong three years later absolutely no problem with it - for the sake of fifteen quid its a pretty good deal. -
Its a good point - the circular argument that younger voters feel like they are not listened to, but many more compared to other age brackets take no interest to try and listen or vote. If they made themselves more important by voting maybe parties would consider them moreso in policy reviews...
-
Ha, cut n shut a Civic and a Juke - have to say, the back of a Civic does look a fair bit like the front of a Juke!
-
I wonder what a car would look like if you got the horrific front end of a Juke and the horrific back end of a Civic Type R and put them together. Got to be some photoshop masters out there to create that monstrosity!
-
There are people in their 50's and above who have no idea of how the world works or what the good of the country is a referendum vote. In context of what I was saying about younger people is their apathy around voting, not taking part even when they understand rather than their understanding of politics. I think 18 year old's should be able to vote - in most cases a government will stand for 5 years, by which point an 18 year old could well be working during that time for a number of years. But yes agree to a point 'scroungers' the genuine ones, what gives them the right to be terminally unemployed and expect the government to fund their life and then decide how the country is run...its a fair comment.
-
Exactly, such a huge halo effect of just targeting that x% thinking that they have so much spare to give. As for the Lib Dems, I do like them and can see why they led on EU referendum 2 but I do think a. we shouldn't have another referendum and b. that the public should not vote on the final deal either. I do though think their manifesto on the face of it is a bit 'bitty' with no clear theme. Havent had a chance to have a good look through though.
-
Do you have any leather cleaner comparisons in your test thread? I don't think so, no. At least I don't recall doing one. I do have a number of cleaners in my arsenal, if I ever come across a suitably filthy leather interior to demonstrate on I will do though. On the topic of conditioners, anything produced after the mid-ninties is top coated so conditioners actually do more harm than good; they never reach the leather they're designed to condition but rather sit on the top coat attracting/trapping dirt. Don't use conditioners on modern leather, please. Leather manufactured before the mid-ninties will benefit from conditioning from time to time though. As I understood it (and this is based on reading from 2001 when sorting my zed leather out so memory could be hazy) that the top coat only applied to cream based conditioners and that water/liquid based conditioners will penetrate the top coat and hydrate the leather?
-
Problem is the younger gen on the day tend to not bother actually going to vote even if they claimed they would (part of the reason the polls were wrong about Brexit under representation of younger age group vs the weighting the polls put on them) - living in Richmond and witnessing the huge swing in votes towards the pro-Europe led by-election campaign no surprise they have put their eggs largely in that basket.
-
I have used Autoglym and Gliptone and found Gliptone much better in terms of conditioning and longer lasting feel. For the OP point, you shouldnt be looking for shine as per the comments, but a good conditioner and cleanser works wonders in terms of tidying it up. Of course if your leather has been untreated for ten years then its likely to be beyond getting it back looking new. I used a Gliptone kit (scuffmaster) and repair colour on my old zed...actually found some pics back from 2011!
-
Was going to say - the real performance VXs are the NAs (which come with stiffer suspension and track orientation from factory compared to turbo) with supercharger conversions - a true definition of a missile on wheels
-
Right out the Dianne Abbot school of media management - class.
-
...found the preliminary sketch work for the design of the back of the new Civic Type R
-
I agree, cannot own a Nissan and look down on a Vauxhall. Appreciate Nissan have the GT-R lineage but they also sell 99% of their products as little bubble cars Vauxhall has a great touring car heritage, there is one at Rockingham that is a monsterous car I would say Nissan and Vauxhall aren't leagues apart in terms of the brand. Nowadays with the likes of Skodas made out of Audis its hard to turn your nose up to a badge alone
-
But 5% is fairly sizable - if you are on say 36k (and cannot be bothered to find an online calculator or the like so excuse inaccuracies) but you would be paying 20% tax on say 25k which is for all intents and purposes £5k, 25% would put that figure over £6k so more than a thousand quid a year extra. I know a fair few people in that tax bracket who would very much push back on that. Note: appreciate the above is simple calcs but really its to provide a point
-
Its a double whammy though - those 650,000 are not all individuals all working in individual corporations. If Goldman Sachs up and leave taking 4000 high earners with them you lose individual taxation plus the corporate taxation. Let along the halo effects to the economy as a whole of large corporations (love em or hate em) causing instability in the economy. In other news in less than 12 months the country has now moved into a situation of a drop in year to year real wage levels (inflation vs pay rises) which will lead to a slow down in spending right on the immediate horizon...
-
I still think there is a large proportion of public out there that still think the rich shouldn't be rich and that they need to be paying in even more than they do currently. But their view of this is that its a static world and that these people just sit and work here day to day. A lot of high end taxpayers could quite easily end up outside the country, investing in tax avoidance, investments outside the UK etc. the rumblings from the likes of Goldman Sachs etc. setting up scenarios for moving business should serve as clear warning on this.
-
I would disagree with the last paragraph in terms of its assumption that the public have 'figured it out' - I dont think the majority have at all, I think the polls deficit is a reflection of the current mess the Labour party is in more than anything?
-
Yep fair point, you do change career through your life, but a plethora of uni spaces does create an effect of young adults 'drifting' through education without a thought for what they actually want to do. There is no reason why someone at 17 years old cannot sit down and think what they want to achieve over the next few years and why. And there is no problem changing direction, but having some idea on where you are going in the short term and why is highly motivating I have found.