Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. If it is the clicky axle problem http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/57807-clicking-axle-noise-solved-try-this-first/
  2. Search for clicky axle fix - very common on zeds
  3. Hope there are some substantial tweaks, the last series was almost unwatchable - fortunately with amazon prime you can just skip all the endless pointless chat and watch the 15 mins or so of car footage.
  4. Shame they never did their own lap times in the reasonably priced car
  5. Actually a quick google shows that in the Grand Tour when the three are asked who is the 'best' driver JC and RH both say its James!
  6. Both drove in daylight, over many laps. Actually you would think the conditions would suit the younger fitter driver?
  7. I would imagine they all use stunt drivers at some point (insurance wouldnt pay out for any of them to say drive along a cliff edge) - but as above, same car, track, etc couldnt get a more even comparison.
  8. As others have said talk to specialists, Jez is very good
  9. 2.5 ton car doing 30mph spun around 180 degrees, add in the fulcrum effect initial energy of impact of the wheel against the kerb would have been massive. Any other SUV would have flipped, instead the X just gouged a hole in the concrete!! I guess when you know the car is going to weigh a lot you can throw a load more support into the structure.
  10. At least the batteries didnt explode and turn the car into a fiery inferno
  11. Sold - thread locked
  12. I would think it helps the hinges being on top of the car - any damage to the side should not cause a problem to the door opening if its moving up and away from the car?
  13. If it is O2 sensors, surely this is an easy job to replace you just need the diagnostic kit to test? Or am I being too simplistic in my basic mechanical knowledge?!
  14. Well we shall see, I am personally very skeptical that we are in any shape to negotiate a good divorce from the EU. We have already wasted 3 months of the 24 we have available and Barnier has already been quoted this morning as being somewhat annoyed with the UK over the continued delays whilst they are sat there with their fully worked up plan ready to go. I think the general public have a bit too much trust in the government to have things in order, they are as culpable to complete **** ups like any business we shouldn't assume they are ready to go and everything is in order.
  15. Sure someone will be along to help soon - plenty of traders on here who can help out with parts where needed. Whatever you do do not go throwing money at the stealers straight away.
  16. Bloody hell, sorry to hear this but as above metal can be fixed, much more difficult with people. Looks like the one extra tonne did you all the favours in the world there! Seat seems to have crumpled as it should at the front did you have any dashcam installed?
  17. OK fair enough - I guess based on what people I chatted to and the general consensus on the brexit thread. But hey yes am assuming its the harder brexit many wanted i.e. complete control over border movement, ability to build own trade deals with individual countries etc. which really leaves us by default outside the single market.
  18. In something like 20 constituencies the Tories won by less and 500 votes - it really was that close. But agree a slight swing either way and we could have seen other results. Unfortunately her strapline of strong and stable has led to the most unstrong and unstable government, so I wonder when she is pressed on the issue again what the strapline will be Somewhat ironically, the result and May's selfish opportunism, total failure to capture the moment and in fact throw it away and to now clinging on to power as an unelected PM means a brexit that most brexiters didn't want.
  19. Good work - tuck is easy and reversible as you say, just need to hold your nerve when bending it back up on itself!
  20. Different ball game altogether although get the analogy. Any voter research done on something like dementia tax would have told you in an hour or two that it was a ridiculous idea to propose to your voter base. Called Theresa Maybe for a reason Problem is May tried to run the country like she ran the home office, micro managing everything and relying on an inner circle of a handful of people that lacked the experience to run the country. She didn't listen to public opinion and she didn't listen to experienced MPs in her own party and got the appropriate kicking up the backside.
  21. I did the bumper tuck on mine it was a doddle, you do have to get under there and get a good look at it - I found on mine I could just release the bumper from the supporting brackets, got an M8 bolt I think it was and tuck the bumper up and put the bolt through the bracket and new bumper position to hold it in place. Seemed to work fine took about 5 mins.
  22. I will be there with Celica-Club, will of course come over and check out the Zeds
  23. I would let the guys sort out the macro issues going on right now and then come back to this...
  24. Yep works fine for me in FF - could be a local issue with your computer?
  25. Be interesting to see how Johnson and Gove get on...
×
×
  • Create New...