Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. Mate, if i'd been on the M25 for 3.5 hours I would have pulled off too Thats what I get for agreeing to give someone a lift to LHR on a friday pm. The Surrey section is murder as everyone is avoiding London because of the olympics. 10 years ago a tanker overturned at Reigate Hill spilling its crap all over the road and melting it. I was one of the unlucky ones trapped from 08:30 till 5.15. Not a happy bunny.
  2. Maybe the post may throw up some options. If I have to change the clutch it will not happen until next year and I really want to come on some more runs. I am dreading driving to Grimsby next week but needs must!
  3. It can be annoying when on a lovely sunny day! I have to take the Skoda as the clutch is so much lighter. When I test drove my 1st Zed it was not hurting and it was from Hanwell along the A40 (M) to M25 and back. Last friday week I sat on M25 in a jam for 3,5 hours and had to pull off. Yes if I had not spent out on the GTM I would sell it and get an auto 370, but sadely thats no longer an option. Zeditis has stolen all my pocket money:(
  4. Ok I am going to stand in the "Silly corner" now:(
  5. Personally, I wouldn't touch anything Japspeed. Does that include the tray that goes under the engine Ian?
  6. Ok this is a long shot and not sure if it's in the right place or not. I have a history of repeatedly fracturing my left Metatarsal and a few weeks ago was confirmed with Osteoporosis caused through long term Steroid use. My left foot is full of infamation and when in traffic the constant depression of the clutch pedal really makes for an unpleasant experience. Is there any way I can lighten the clutch without breaking the bank please? No silly comments like get an automatic either!! Cheers:)
  7. You guys carry on with the handbags all advice is taken on board aswell Ha ha nice one Arran. Unfortunately it does get very hand bags at 10 paces on here. Most of the members are very good and offer sound advice. Just the same one or too who seem to get off on causing controversy and you can see the result. Hopefully the mods will cut it all out and we can get back to what is at hand. Your pulleys. But you have already come to the right conclusion on that one! Anyway no doubt we will see you Thursday seeing Dip has aproved the colour of your car:)
  8. Thats a great price at $2000. Unfortunately a lot of UK traders would turn that into £2000 for some reason. So out of our reach.
  9. Abbey are very knowledgable and good guys, no doubt, but I question the logic of phoning someone who wants to make money out of you to ask them what they recommend you do to your car ......... Every benefit as they advised me not to buy them and save my money as I am not a F1 driver!!
  10. This game of tic tac toe is my fault, I put my hands up! Scott advised me not to buy the pulleys, and often advises me not to waste my money on trinkets if they do not work. Not once has he tried to sell me a different product just for the sake of making money. I was down there again today and they did not charge for work carried out on the car! Anyway this is Arrans thread and as a new member we should be encouraging him not arguing amongst ourselves! Now moving on:)
  11. Ring up Abbey and press option 1. Ask Scott (who will give you an honest answer) based on his experience of selling parts as to what are the benifits of fitting them? He told me that in my case not to waste my money! So I spent the money saved on cream buns as you can tell by the size of my belly:) I am no expert Arran far from it, but joining this site and just browsing through the posts will give you a wealth of knowledge. I recon I have saved a good £3k by adopting this approach.
  12. I also had problems with attitude with WestWay Aldershot. The sales people were just not interested which peeved me off as I have to use a walking stick. maybe they thought I wanted a motobility car which is time consuming and not much profit! I shared my thoughts in an loud manner that they were nothing but a bunch of pen pushing numpties and stormed off. Like Chris my car came from WLMG and although I had some issues they are polite and friendly and do go out of there way to help. Mehmet the service manager at Hanwell was fantastic. It really does ruin the moment when you are all excited wanting to buy a new car, and your enthusiasm gets stamped on by a silly little man with a small willy!!! Westway is full of them!
  13. Hi Arran Save your money mate for something that will make a noticable difference. A know a few guys that were under thE impression that fitting those lightweight pulleys would make noticable gains. They all said the same thing afterwards. When put on the dyno there was no difference! Save up for the spacer and uprev:)
  14. I would suggest that if your not experienced in this area and don't have the equipment. then leave it to someone who is. Its only easy or simple to someone who has done it on many occasions. Unless I have missed something, whats wrong with a tuned exhaust and uprev with the nessesary that goes with it? You will be suprised what a difference it will make.
  15. This is a picture of the GTM kit. Minus the fuel rail/ pump and 725cc injectors.
  16. here is a nice DE fitted with a GTM. https://www.gtmotorsports.com/car.php?v ... 107&page=1
  17. No to the sump. There is an oil cooler but I thought that was for the Super Charger oil. That goes to show how much notice I take! Abbey did the build so I should by rights ask them:)
  18. I must admit to having some luck with mine. No matter what the temp is outside the car or how far I drive. The temp never goes above a third on the gauge whatever that is! Yet others say there car runs hot!
  19. Now't wrong with my quotes. Do you want a leather quote! I was unaware that GTM did one for pre HR's but then I never really looked. I just saw the one's for mine and suddenly caught that illness that originated from Dorking "Zeditis"
  20. I'd say £10K minimum to go FI. From memory when I was looking to do the GTM TT kit, it would have cost me around £8K in parts - but that include fueling, gauges & a few other bits. Since that quote the £ dropped against the $ so unless its come back up you can add another £800 at least for the GTM supply and fit with all the bits and bobs.!
  21. make that so Number 1 !! love it lol.
  22. Is that Tourists who fart Bullet?
  23. It can be done for the cost of a long weekend back home, ok if you dont go lots and get a season pass the cost of laps mount up but even then no reason not to give it a go... Fantastic Stuff. I am sure we can get quite a few to come to this if it's planned correctly!
  24. Excellent stuff. I would need a hotel or B+B though.
×
×
  • Create New...