Jump to content

ioneabee

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    9,846
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ioneabee

  1. I'm sure you said that about mine too and erm... its not white
  2. I took it easy for about a 10th of that When I picked mine up from an HPC their GTR Tech said to get the oil warm then build up the revs over a few increasing runs. Worst thing you can apparently do is to sit at the same revs and part throttle a lot with a new engine. That can be worse than anything that can happen giving it a good ragging when warm. Main thing to watch is the tyres and brakes. They both need a bit of bedding in before you can fully lean on them, and IMO this is why they impose these running in periods - purely to stop people ragging a car they dont know and trying to nail it on the manufacturer. My car has now done 15k miles, hasnt missed a beat and hasnt used any real amount of oil. hmm this could be a problem !! the run home is 50miles of motorway and dual carriageway, I ve then got a 2 weeks of normal motoring that I can be, lets say flexible, then I've got another run upto Stratford upon Avon at the end of October - so on the whole at the start there's going to be a lot of same revs/part throttle
  3. actually..............hoping for something different
  4. battered or fried did you miss doogey's post ?
  5. is there a way of posting/attaching a small jpeg without having to put it into photobucket ? I'm sure I've done it before but can't for the life of me work out how I did it
  6. this sort of sole ?
  7. is the brake dust just washing off in the rain ?
  8. is the Akcro on now as well ?
  9. that does look rather nice - need more data !!
  10. cleaning products all in just sorted the insurance out now as well - previously paying £240 for the TT - Tesco want an additional....sum......wait for it............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ of £36 I think thats ok, don't you ?
  11. I've had to use one of their "recommended" garages before and ended sending the car back 3 times before i was even remotely happy. personally I'd go with a local whom you know and trust
  12. due to the pending arrival - I asked the dealer what running in restrictions should i adhere to - he said none at all this is quite contrary to 99% of everything I've read (apart from the one website which said high revs are needed to bed the "rings" ? in) anyone know what the recomendations are from Nissan ?
  13. I need to wait to finish my curent contract I'm certainly not sleeping properly now - I keep having these dreams......
  14. That must be a nightmare! Yep Storm White. I'll get some photos up over the weekend. Got the new exhaust booked for 26th yep - sound on oem isn't good - I'm gonna have to wait a bit before i do that
  15. shiny can you also see the drool marks ? went for a "test" drive in one of theirs and have now chosen the number plate....ends in TUU - 'cos thats how old I feel
  16. sneaky preview - collecting now on the 7th October
  17. I've been up to my dealer today for a play in their demo - my car is sat on the forecourt ready to go as well !! ..but as mentioned before I can't have her till 7th October looking forward to your pics - I think you said it was in white IIRC
  18. ML or Lexus cayenne IMHO
  19. I going up on thursday to finalise the finance - presumably if you end early (and pay it off) = less interest charges ? And on the other hand, usually an "early repayment penalty fee" added to it also. Depending on the loan agreement, sometimes you can get around this by overpaying a lump sum so you are left only owing a few quid on the loan, then when your next monthly payment clears the loan its classed as the loan ending of its own cause, rather than you clearing it early. Depends on the company however. I was aware of the early repayment fee, but hadn't thought about an overpayment ......... interesting idea - I'll ask
  20. I going up on thursday to finalise the finance - presumably if you end early (and pay it off) = less interest charges ?
  21. oh dear - what happened 091 - Black - wizardofoz85 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-NISSAN-3 ... 336b97bf37
  22. So how did he expect you to get into your car ?? !!!!
  23. mooning the porker as he went by ??
  24. intriguing !!! but no excuse - tell, tell, tell, tell
  25. loving the pics ps what did he get black flagged for ?
×
×
  • Create New...