Jump to content

ioneabee

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    9,846
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ioneabee

  1. Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, really!!!!!!!!! Next time I will use the 1" socket drive to beat you with, or maybe a frying pan as apparently my chain isn't long enough to leave the kitchen oops
  2. be VERY careful of 2nd hand boilers !!! without the obvious condition issue - if you're replacing a boiler it must be to the latest standard (in particular) it must be at least 88.0% (or is it 86% - can't quite remember off top of my head) efficient and its unlikely you'll find a 2nd hand one at that efficiency
  3. mine is in desparate need of claying..................are you offering Will ? it's bloody cold here though at the moment - wind chill methinks
  4. oo oo oo thats the one !!!!!!
  5. growing up to be a real petrol head
  6. you seriosly need a proper project - since scale is the norm there - it needs to be BIG
  7. Roger - one word.................photobucket !!!!
  8. nah - the chain isn't allowed to reach that far
  9. same way you had a "summons"
  10. another plus for Tim @ Envy I got a dodo machine off him for about £100 (i think) - very good DA, no problems so far
  11. So most of you know the issues I've been having with an "unclean" windscreen and complete inability to stop the smears this is what it looked like from the inside after sitting in a light drizzle all day - so clearly something on the windoscreen ?? !! searching up from an earlier post in this thread downhuman pointed me to detailing world unable to locate any "Barkeepers Friend" - discontinued went for the cerium oxide option instead and basically cr*pping myself and steeling the nerves to do it list of products then is 10g pack of cerium oxide powder 10 x 120mm felt polishing pads my dodo DA polisher microfibre towels and lots of "come on you can do this - whats the worst that can happen........................" I mixed a small amount of the Cerium Oxide powder with some water to form a slurry (quite runny - I had it more as a paste first). I added more water as I went on - directly to the pad (but just a tiny dribble) a small area first then got a bit more adventurous as with polishing - a bit of pressure and then slowly easing off and keeping moving - not staying in one place as apparently heat on glass is not good ? removing the residue with a damp microfibre and drying off with a clean one repeat to rest of windscreen so now we wait and see - time will tell
  12. Having hunted around a little and giving the local garages the choice between PSS and the Vreds - the vreds being very difficult to get hold of, but some are managing it - spoke a 2nd time to one garage, who gave a great price on the vreds, just to confirm it - i then had a phone call the next day saying they were in and ready for me (don't recall actually saying "yup - get them ordered" ???) However, at just over £800 for the 4 I think thats pretty good - so will be getting them fitted in about a fortnight or so - told them hang on as I felt I still had about a thousand miles left in the Bridgestones (just)
  13. +1 for the liquid gold ps your man has balls of steel - selling your car from out under you !!!
  14. WOW !!!!
  15. powder coat or paint ?
  16. christ - finger, back - what next..................can't get a girl friend ?
  17. Jehusiva !!!!! is there nothing safe from BBK
  18. G'day from me too I used to live just outside Sydney, so again, just a stones throw away
  19. They responded not very helpful though "Hi Many thanks for your enquiry; Radio 2 is still broadcasting the data you talk about, however there are many reasons why it might not be appearing on your radio. I hope the issue resolves it’s self soon. I have passed this on to the people who look after the transmitters, but they are not part of the BBC. Radio 2 Enquiries."
  20. who's Brain I think I know of a Brian
  21. I've emailed Radio 2 chances of a response ?
  22. thats a bit of a relief !!!! now I know its not just me
  23. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277864/Now-THIS-creepy-crawly-Meet-bright-green-spider-looks-just-like-clown-Stephen-Kings-horror-film-It.html#axzz2KleDicRg :lol:
  24. go on, go on, go on, go on
×
×
  • Create New...