-
Posts
2,774 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by mattross1313
-
Interested in the rear lights for a project i have in mind. Are you or any local members to you going to Japfest? (to save postage)
-
Saw this on my Facebook over the weekend - the Rhino is my favourite these guys are quality!
-
Doogy's Little Build Project - Now Complete - Page 9
mattross1313 replied to DoogyRev's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Just spotted this thread, makes for good reading love your work on the tool chest, makes me want to get something similar -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Yeah I like the coloured anodised ones, will keep an eye out for any companies that produce them, or traders etc. Quick update for today, after minor fail yesterday with getting too keen to fit the velocity stack and having to use the car. So the better half and I went out for a blast around the B lanes this afternoon and ended up down near the coast and had an ice-cream After a fun afternoon with my girls (car, and misses) I have just completed the velocity stack mod and left it in the car to properly harden overnight before driving. So two quick pics - one of the car down near Swanage, and then an inner photo of the airbox with the new stack fitted. Enjoy -
The groom and his ride for the day.....
mattross1313 replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
That photographer likes your mate's arse -
so my car only pushed 219whp today on the rollers.....
mattross1313 replied to Seabee's topic in 350Z Technical
I had my old MR2 Dyno'd at GotBoost when I lived in Cardiff, I know he has moved now so not sure if the rollers are the same. However I saw the opposite - my car read higher on their rollers. When I then went to a more well known place (I think they had a dyno dynamics road) I saw around 30bhp less. As said above, if you use the same road consistently it is good to track your progress but for a proper figure most results need a pinch of salt. -
As far as I understand it, if your car is parked somewhere it shouldn't be and prevent emergency services from getting to their call out - they are well within the law to 'move' your car. I while back I saw a Fire Engine and an Ambulance just ram a car out of their way. The owner turned up later and was politely told to do one. Matt
-
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Hey David, I plan on fitting similar stainless items - where did you get yours from? I was down the Zed Shed yesterday and saw that Octet has a nice set of red anodised ones fitted to the engine. Decisions! -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Thanks Pete I picked up the cargo net from eBay from a peugeot 307 I think it was. All in with postage I think was around £7-8 but it took a week of bidding and waiting to catch one for under a tenner. It's a good fit but could do with a being a little bigger. Matt -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
So bit of a fail this morning!! I tucked the car into the garage (it was raining) and planned to fit the Velocity Stack. I followed FlyBoy's instructions, took everything off the car and then found that after the fitting the stack I should leave the car overnight for the glue to harden before driving. Which sucks as I need to drive the car at lunch time! So I decided to put everything back together, and I will fit the stack later today. Whilst I had the intake pieces off the car I figured I would give the engine bay a first pass at detailing. I plan to do a full engine dress but it will be a slow going process. All I did this morning was give everything a clean and wipe with some detailing spray. This first pass was mainly just to remove and dirt, dust or grime which has built up from day to day use. I also removed most of the small stickers from under the bonnet, on the radiator top plate and somewhere else just to help with the clean look. Pretty pleased with the results and will hopefully complete the velocity stack tonight - on first look it seems pretty straight forward to fit. Possibly a stupid thing to spend 10 minutes cleaning, but whilst I was in the mood I cleaned up the fluid bottles to the left of the engine. This one is half clean to show how grimey it was in the first place. All done and put back together (for now). Also, whilst the airbox was out of the way I noticed some oil around the right bank of plugs and leads. I can only hope that this build up is from someone really badly topping up the car with oil? It's not the best photo but does anyone have any thoughts to what may have caused this if is coming from the engine? Cheers:) That's all for now, hopefully the Velocity Stack will be all done and dusted ready by tomorrow morning. Matt -
Great work mate!! Really well put together
-
Things your parents used to say...
mattross1313 replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Don't sit too close to the TV or you'll get square eyes Matt -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Hi David, yeah it's not very useful for any objects that are a little tall but good to stop small items rolling around the boot. For £6 i'll llive with it for now but will look for a Zed cargo net, or maybe another manufacturer one which is bigger (but still reasonably priced). Matt -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
^^Bollocks!! -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Quick update for the evening. Had another care package from Alex today at work. Which contained the rest of my service components and oils. I also had a replacement sun visor for the drivers side as the mirror was broken. So I pilled up all the service items in the garage, gave the visor a quick clean and fitted in to the Zed. As is the theme at the moment it's not a mod, but its a fix that would otherwise really annoy me! -
Couple Busted For Post-Church Autoeroticism in 350z
mattross1313 replied to ewan221's topic in Off Topic Discussion
From the sounds of it they are doing it wrong if the name of the game was to multiply.... -
Great shots Leighton, can't go wrong with a bit of light painting. Here's a few I took of Busters Zed a while back, and my one artistic shot of my own Zed Matt
-
Project Zee Business - Update 25th July
mattross1313 replied to Keyser's topic in Member Build Projects
Nah its just Chris with some sunglasses, although he does look a little off -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
OK so the alu shifter piece turned out to be a fail. I managed to get it down to the right size but the stock gear knob curves in both directions so it was almost impossible to get the small piece to match the contours. Ah well, only a few ££ lost but it was worth a try. Tonights little fettles have been quite productive though, again, most of them are me just fixing little things that are wrong with the car to stop them bugging me. First up is a missing popper from the slam panel. 2 second job. I may well replace the lot of these when I get a new slam panel as one is blue and the other is not. The middle one is the new one as its a slightly different shape. Next up was the bluetooth holder, very quick job, but very satisfying as its no longer waggling around the cubby. Broken pic first, followed by new unit fitted. I think this also highlights the next area that I need to clean as the inside of the cubby is rather dirty! Another small thing that has been bugging me the whole time is the mirror controls on the drivers side door. The buttons were not seated correctly to the plastic control panel resulting in the mirror control sitting too low. This was stopping me from moving the mirrors to the left, and also made retracting them difficult. Popped off the controls and clipped the buttons back on. Job done I can now fully move mirrors trouble free!! Last pic is the first half of the service items from Alex, the rest should arrive by the weekend. Below we have engine oil, filter, iridium plugs and both Aux belts. That's your lot for now, Matt -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Thats a great idea, but seeing as i have already paid money for a new holder i will fit it for a while may well put it under the console as time goes by though as the extra space would be useful -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Quick evening update before I get started on the car for a few hours - the misses is off to the cinema with some friends so time to fettle with the car for a few hours My velocity stack arrived today, thank you to FlyBoy for the great kit, looking forward to fitting that when it stops raining. I also ordered a small bag of trim poppers just to keep on the shelf, along with a small pot of gold #54 paint to touch up the Brembo's. Tonight I am hoping to fit a new Bluetooth module holder as mine is damaged and doesn't fix to the bottom of the cubby. Time permitting I will pop off the gear knob and try to set about fitting my new alu sticker to cover the worn shifter pattern. it may or may not work, so failing this I will save up and get a new shifter. Watch this space