Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. That Jag is stunning!!!!
  2. Which 2????
  3. couldnt agree more, here's mine Wow!
  4. I'll allow this slight stretch of the 'retro car' criteria
  5. Stunning!
  6. Vauxhall Firenza Droopsnoot!
  7. DeLorean Back in 2005 they had a think about it
  8. I know.......barn conversions really do it for me too!
  9. Bit of Megs Fur Renovator and they'll be reet!
  10. Or if your in Chester you can experience the awesome and eclectic world of Casa Ricey..........I can even supply a live rabbit or Degu to buff your car with
  11. I nearly ended up hallucinating from watching too much Wheeler Dealers on Disco channel but I had a look for HSR vetts last night - auction guide estimate 75-90k
  12. I could see that being in the BMW Mini sort of league if it came back!
  13. Wow that Alfa is stunning! Me want!!!!
  14. Only narrowly beaten in my vote by the Manta! The Capri is the pinnacle of retro
  15. I was driving behind on old Escort the other day which got me all misty eye'd for the days of a less complicated time when the height of fashion was having an unpainted rubber bodykit and spoiler strapped to your car. Retro seems to be the 'in thing' at the moment in film - True Grit, Tron, Batman etc. We've also seen the odd reboot with cars - Scirocco, Lancia reappearing. So which car would you revive and why? Based on the premise that said car would be remade in a new funky, quality Scirocco kind of way. Doesn't have to be a sports car just something that might make you smile if you saw it have a new lease of life For me - Vauxhall Chevette - I had a 20 year old one when I was 17 and it ruled! Special edition Silhouette which meant jet black with a giant red racing stripe, orange shagpile carpet and orange velour seats and door cards. Or the Opel Manta - always thought it looked like it belonged in mad max with a giant Weiand Supercharger poking out of the bonnet!
  16. How much!!!! Sod that for a game of soldiers
  17. I think its the result of Mitsi putting low profile tyres on a car without sports suspension.......the tyres probably take a lot of stick when it gets slung about
  18. They look awesome...............now wash your car immediately!
  19. Much as the Lancer is the 'utility vehicle' I can't help but feel its weeping to be lowered and a nice stainless zorst.........not entirely sure how that would sound on an oil burner but that standard zorst looks grim. Unfortunately aftermarket bits are practically zero...........more money for the Zed I guess
  20. Decided to kip in the car instead mate?
  21. Meh couple of faffy twigs mate.....whenever the bin men leave the wheelie bin in the middle of my drive (surely knowing that it will require me to leave the car in the middle of the road while I move it) I just plow into it and smash it into the middle of the garden in anger. ........my paintworks still holding up pretty well (although I tend not to do it in Carla's Zed!)
  22. If he is a burgler he's holding his phone in a very effeminate way!
  23. Didn't manage to get a piccie but the tyre on my Lancer has been going down over about a 2 week period of late. Assumed it was a slow puncture and thought while I was having it tracked I'd get it fixed. The tyre dude called my over and said there was no puncture but the wheel had developed a fungus which causes the tyre to lose the seal on the wheel......he showed me the wheel and the whole of the rear rim was covered in brown discoloration! Apparently its quite common on Mercs.......the tyre can pull off the rim a little allowing moisture to seep into the wheel and fungus then grows.
  24. Since getting the Zed the poor old Lancer has been neglected for so long so it was treated to being tracked this morning then a full shebang clean this afternoon. Bagged up some Poorboys Blackhole Glaze on Marts recommendation. Washed, machine polished with Megs Ultimate, hand polished with Poorboys Blackhole Glaze (as I've somehow managed to lose the 2nd pad for the G220 that I bought off Tim ) and finished off with Dodo Juice Orange Crush Wax. Much as its been said before I'm going to say it again and you MUST listen. If you do not own the Poorboys Blackhole Glaze go out and buy it, buy it now! Its the best product I've ever used on a car. Before After -the reflections in the paintwork pretty much say it all - bodywork is like a mirror now. Knackered now!
×
×
  • Create New...