-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
How did you get on Steve? Buggered (the knee - not by the doctor.......well not unless that was the vibe)
-
Crikey OMG Cat is getting a work out recently
-
Project Loved by some , Hated by most
Ricey replied to cefiro_drifter's topic in Member Build Projects
To be honest mate I think most people are quite receptive to a 'build thread' if its being built for the right purpose........building the car to semi-professionally drift round at a drift event is not going to get quite the same response as building a car to drift around your local Tesco carpark at 11pm whilst plotting your latest truck highjack and racing for pink slips. Looking good so far - love the wheels. -
When I bought my first car it was 33.5 pence a gallon. 3 gallons for a quid on Friday night, made for a good weekend. Sod off Chris....when you first bought a car it was 10 shillings a gallon Its not just Zeds - look at cars in general (I am as I'm flogging the Lancer and looking for a replacement). So far I've seen; - Focus ST's from £5000 (6.5k gets you a decent one) - BMW Z4 from £5000 - Porsche Boxsters from £4500 - Golf R32 from £5500 - Bereras from £6500 - Jag XK from £5000 - Merc CL500 from £5000 - Monaros from £6500 - New style Type-R Civics from £6000 - Porsche Cayenne under 7k - BMW X5's under 7k - Astra VXR from £6k I know I've listed some utter shash there but I was bored and thought I'd take a peek. Basically if you've got £8k burning a hole in your sky rocket you can drive around like Rockerfella!
-
I'm not having 2 of the buggers sat on the drive! Low and behold - advert up for 3 hours......first 419 email through. Sadly I've not got the energy to drag it out to hilarious an hilarious conclusion - I'll wait until I've had a few more.
-
Cheers chaps....hopefully at the 5th time of trying autotrader will actually sell me a car rather than just flood me with 419 emails. Priced as cheapest in the UK at that spec. Already had someone email and offer to swap me an 09 insignia Sri I had a think about my target market and put the most inoffensive album on so as not to alienate anyone....some eclectic stuff on that hard drive I tell thee!
-
Probably not going to drum up too much interest on here but you never know hey! Linkification http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
-
Nothing bud but you said you were specifically looked for an unmodified car? Cobra can get a little droney from some reviews i've heard - they look nice though I'd still jib the motor though The link Colin has put up is a fricking steal - seems a really honest advert too. Couple of problems but not much dollar to fix.
-
That is soooo much car for the dollar GLWTS
-
Not especially un-modified then!?! Walk on mate - buyers market and there are plenty around.
-
Dude he's smiling! So much win!!!
-
***edit*** sorry mis read original post Re audit checks - yes most large organisations in the financial services market will perform 'audits' from time to time as part of their own internal oversight checks (ever wondered how they determine that X % of insurance applications are fraudulent? They audit a small percentage and then work out based on that what the likelihood of the rest of the book doing X/Y or Z is). They also perform 'audits' under a slightly different guise...basically a nice way of saying your being investigated for fraud. To allay your fears about the docs: 1. Drivers licence - USE - proof of I/D and evidence of convictions/points, medical conditions 2. V5 - USE - evidence that you own the car as per your declaration and that car is not imported. 3. Bill OR Bank statement - USE - proof of I/D (as your bank have already ID checked you to set up the account) and evidence of address (i.e the one you have declared the car is kept at in the nice leafy suburb as opposed to the council flat in the middle of a militant war zone) So your either; - being randomly audited as part of the internal checks (95% sure this is the reason) - being investigated as part of some sort of suspected fraud investigation. Have you applied for any insurances lately - this could trigger something akin to a Hunter match which is a system that cross references for discrepancies in applications (this is highly unlikely to be the case). None of us have ever come across this because it probably affects less than 5% of Admirals customers (of which there are probably 10's of thousands). Also it may be more prevalent now as insurers are doing whatever they can do to wriggle out of things (although all this would serve to do is lose them a premium). Hope that gives you a bit of comfort!
-
I think somewhere in this painfully confusing thread its clarified that the Klingons are working but the Borg have assimilated his screen washer jets.
-
Working fine for me
-
All the bruising/swellings gone and I wad bearing weight on it straight away. I'm trying some work on the wobble boards but your right, all is not well in there. I've got private heath care but I'm being a miser and refusing to pay the 100 excess at the mo I think i'll bite the bullet this week.
-
Same way I did this to same ankle in 2009......playing footy and mid pirouette some git went through my ankle when it was planted on the floor.....whilst the rest of my body was going the other way.
-
Oooooosh. Have that........excuse grooming I'd not waxed that week
-
Just for cartilage ? Could understand if you were doing ligaments too. Bloody bony ass structure the ankle though. My ligaments are sore as hell where they meet the bone....just praying they're not damaged....3rd time I've done it now
-
Been through it until its drilled into my brain......my mates also literally just had the arthroscopy for cartilage tear so I've been guiding him through it. For what its worth Steve his symptoms were exactly same as yours, especially the pain in the inside leg middle of knee where the medial ligaments live. He had a bad tear and had to have a lot of cartilage removed......more they remove the quicker the recovery but also the bigger chance of arthritis in years to come
-
My Doctor told me 6 weeks in plaster to repair it & then physio for a few months after it For your knee or ankle? From what i understand the ankle is a far more complex joint so he may be right. However the most important thing with rehab is movement back in the joint ASAP so I'm struggling to understand the plaster? My ankle is frigging ruined at the mo I'm too scared to go the specialist in case he tells me I need another bloody operation.....2 knee ops is more than enough thank you! No footy for 6 weeks now.....its driving me mental
-
Cartilage mate. Had a partial cartilage removal and acl rebuild myself. If you'd snapped your acl you'd know about it and it usually involves an impact on the side of the knee or a bad twist. The popping is the tear in the cartilage moving round. Most important is to stop impact exercise straight way...fixed resistance machines and swimming only. Half a day in hossy quick, clean out and trim cartilage....week off work (or 2 if manual job) 3 months of good rehab (no footy or jogging for full 3 months) loads of propreoception work and your right as rain. Probably a load of arthritis in 10-15 years....but who gives one. You may find Sprint training on grass really helps you to get back to footy at end of rehab as it helps with the lateral stability.
-
They look and feel quite substantial when you see/feel it in the flesh. Weighs quite a bit too.....personally I really can't see the eBay crap comparisons ....they look cheap, flimsy and generally naff (which they invariably are). The noise is ace too!
-
You 2 can gently gnaw my nutsack! 2 reposts in 12 months is good by anyone's standards! :lol:/quote]
-
...upposed to blow the bloody doors off!
-
Twice in one night! I'm losing my touch