Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Paul Ince
  2. The plenum is the big cast aluminium chamber that the air intake pipe goes into. You'd struggle to see if its had a spacer put on I think. That does look like an aftermarket grounding kit.
  3. Could have been worse......moyes is nearly out of contract!
  4. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15543 This is it when it was stock......bet its been stripped prior to sale (apart from the odd bit)
  5. Yep - if you look at Dominiques first post that looks very familiar. Not got orange side reflectors in the bumper either.
  6. the only one I can see thats close is this - may have had roof/spoiler/wheel mods removed prior to selling? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=26361
  7. Ricey

    Blowing exhaust

    Your left phalange is broken
  8. I know whats happening here bud.........you really, really want this car and your just waiting for the 1 person to say something positive and you'll go get it. Just don't bother........unless its a mega bargain or just down the roads for a little looksee, with a history that makes sense walk the fook away. Its just not worth it for the sake of getting a 'newer' car. I wouldn't say that. I won't lie that I am very keen due to the year, mileage etc but I'm not naive. I'm merely trying to better understand the pro's and con's. In regards to the Cat D, I was simply trying to get a better understanding as from the research I did it said that Cat D was superficial/cosmetic damage that does not require any kind of mechanical work or mechanical inspection, otherwise it would be a Cat C? Again, this is just a lack of knowledge on my part as I have never dealt with damaged vehicles in the past. I'm certainly not dismissing or ignoring your opinions and comments, I'm considering this all very carefully! In regards to running costs, I'm merely wanting to go into it knowing what to expect. There are a few other things I have planned and need to save for so it's just good to get a better idea. I didn't think that you were bud....I can just see your keen on it. Cat d is too far ranging to comment upon. If it was a bargain and history stacked up it certainly wouldn't put me off. Your doing the right thing seeing it.
  9. Ricey

    Pre 2006 zed

    You after a uk car for deffo?
  10. Ricey

    Pre 2006 zed

    I've had a good luck for you mate and I'm really shocked at zed prices .....they seem to have gone up if anything! I'll keep an eye out
  11. Remember bud.......without the sour the sweet just ain't as sweet
  12. Just make sure you don't cancel mid policy......250 quid policy returned 100 quid after cancelling 4 months in! Not complaining though as its what I signed up for at the end of the day and they are a broker so they provably get a retrospective claw back of proc fee.
  13. eBay exhaust........search returns 10 full threads dedicated to this topic. Exhaust returns 483 matches......most of which are 'what exhaust should I buy?'. The information is at your fingertips my man
  14. Hellfrauds Tar remover
  15. Christ I didn't know Gary Glitter owned a Zed!!!! He can't drive either by the sounds of it
  16. Ricey

    Black "Z" badges

    Well they did for me and coldel and a few others. If you respray them and do a good job they should be ok I reckon
  17. Ricey

    Black "Z" badges

    If you get them bud immediately have them sprayed gloss Black as they go dull within about 3 months. Fleabay always has a few knocking about.
  18. Also how many people on here are so enthusiastic that they change their clutch before it goes as well? Its one thing changing a failed clutch its another doing it because you love the Zed so much you literally want to breed with it.
  19. I know whats happening here bud.........you really, really want this car and your just waiting for the 1 person to say something positive and you'll go get it. Just don't bother........unless its a mega bargain or just down the roads for a little looksee, with a history that makes sense walk the fook away. Its just not worth it for the sake of getting a 'newer' car.
  20. Also I'd like to say good man for having a pair and blaming yourself and not a rogue squirrel or patch of oil. Hopefully it will get sorted.
  21. Bollocks, they're great in the dry (lots of feedback and good progression) and okayish in the wet. They get much better with some heat in them too. Nankangs are at least named budget tyres, yet, I managed to not have any accidents on no named budget tyres with 3mm at the rear and falken ze912's at the front with 2mm. Okayish in the wet??? I mean lets not derail this thread into yet another tyre thread but jeaheeesus christ you must be joking? You might as well strap 2 greased otters to your wheels (and these are not the sticky determined otters of old......these are really apathetic lubed up otters) as run RE040's in the wet. They are DEADLY. Fair do's in the dry they're alright but to be fair I reckon you struggle to find many tyres are what you'd call 'bad' in the dry.
  22. You are running REO40's?????????? Absolutely undoubtedly your answer........those things are fecking leathal. I had them on my RX8 and I nearly 360'd twice in the first few weeks. Swapped them for vreds and never even had a twitch after that (in fact I test drove a 24k brand spanker and nearly binned it on the test drive ). Simply the most shocking tyre I've encountered.........and I've ran a car with Nankangs. We've ran mixed tyres front and rear on the 350 since we've had it........its never so much as stepped out once (Falkens front - ditchies on the rear).
  23. Mate.....that is a week that just needs to f*** clean off!
×
×
  • Create New...