Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. When you push the pistons back it can for force fluid out of the reservoir. You topped it back up?
  2. Car market flooded. Specialist car Buyers market Bottom line you have GOT to make the ad stand out other wise it's just another in the myriad of adverts. Price usually is the major factor in lack of interest though. I just spent over 65 quid advertising my z4 and eventually sold it on a free advert on the z4 forum.
  3. "PEOPLE" who are these people you speak of?? and how do they know what your thinking? This forum is strange....... It took 2years to realise this????
  4. Somewhere over glasgow
  5. Thats the chap. To be honest I reckon he's dropped a bollock somewhere along the line with it and he was over attentive. Perhaps with my skinhead I now look really hard and not to be messed with...................who knows
  6. Looks a shite sight tastier than the wok and go I've just had
  7. Hooooooly Jesus. Gearbox was definitely not working before!
  8. Cost us about £350ish I think from an indy (supplied own engine oil, plugs and filter); - Oil drop & filter change. - Diff oil change - Gearbox oil change - Brake fluid change They supplied the brake fluid, gearbox oil and diff oil (one of which was a bloody fortune!)
  9. I did a 2.45 min run to the Spar t'other night.........and that road has speedbumps
  10. your so cool.
  11. I said to him - I have literally no faith or expectations from people I deal with these days and you've very clearly bucked that trend because you've given a @*!# and not tried to wriggle out of it. From his pespective he's just bought my custom moving forward and a load of decent recommendations should I speak to anyone.
  12. Car is winging its way back to me as I type with...................wait for it.....................................£1800 of gearbox repairs which he will be forwarding onto the company who supplied him the rad. He's also replaced some sort of 'electrical board' which the gearbox company said needed doing but wasn't as a result of any errors made in the last repair. He said it cost £200 and I can pay him if I want.......if not then I don't have too. Fair play to this chap (provided the car is fixed!) he's been very reasonable about all this.
  13. Yes! Well lets not get ahead of ourselves........its not back on the road yet!
  14. Would you drive it? Yup, why not? As long as there's some supporting mods, and with a FMIC conversion I'm assuming there is, that would be a really fun car. Bless......he is an Essex boy remember
  15. So there was water in the system? There was ...the rad had failed thats why the rad is being changed Ok, will filling the system back up with ATF get rid of the gylcol issue? Well there will be no more glycol but your asking the wrong man mate. Gearbox specialist is looking at it so I'm taking his word on trust. New rad, ATF flush and anti judder can sometimes cure it apparently (if glycol has not been in for too long). Also replacing corroded bits so I've just got to hope they are comfortable with that. If was running perfect for 15 miles which suggests to me that the torque converter was not damaged but a secondry problem started because the wrong rad and insufficient ATF were in the system.
  16. I had 50 runflats on the z4 and the handelling was awesome. 40's on the rx8 which made me near foul myself.
  17. No that is a really cool car. I couldn't see myself sinking 10k on one but I couldn't see myself sinking 10k on a skyline either
  18. So there was water in the system? There was ...the rad had failed thats why the rad is being changed
  19. Right a gearbox specialist has looked at it. Diagnosed corroded soleniods and both have conspired to blame the supplier of the rad so I don't have to pay to get it fixed. Heard it before but apparently I'm 'getting it back tomorrow'
  20. ????? Vicious bastard save! Nevermind mate.....smart repairer may be able to sort that
  21. also goes go show once and for all that just because you can afford a car that was 50 odd grand it doesn't mean you can afford to run it (which incidentially I probably can its just I'd rather not spunk 3 grand repairs on a 6 grand car!)
  22. So long as I'm not paying for anything and it gets fixed I don't care if he has to consult a talking gorrilla.
  23. Bizarre.......just had a call from the garage. Bloke has now said he's had a think about what I said and come to the conclusion that he can't charge me any more to fix the car. He's got onto the company that told him the rad would be ok to temporarily fit and said they need to foot the bill.......apparently its being looked into by a gearbox specialist. Sounds like the valves mustn't have fixed it then!
  24. Put one of these down the middle of your drive but sink it into the ground under some gravel so it can't be seen. Wait for twunts mate to park on drive thus forcing him over yours http://www.chiefsupply.com/Categories/2 ... stems.aspx
  25. Scorp and Popcharger just sounds amazing
×
×
  • Create New...