Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Ekona - Popcharger Tarmac - Orange engine bolts, Nismo oil and rad caps Glrnet - didn't technically sell me anything but i'm holding him responsible for my repainted engine bay! Chilli Red - Zed badges (not Sarah's fault but I'd really think twice about these for any prospective buyers - they fade so quickly). Tim Envy Valeting - Utter wallet rapage Zmanalex - Exhaust gaskets EPracing - Carbon spoiler MattBowey - Spacers Greeny - Scorpion Exhaust Husky - Under strut lighting. Christ I actually didn't think I had much to put on this but they kept coming!
  2. +1 the turbo thrust must really give an impression of going into warp. It is a scrabblewagon though so whether if can put the power down is another question.
  3. I have never wanted a car as bad as I wanted a Zed (even though it was actually the missus who actually bought it!) and I'll tell you this for a fact - its the ONLY car I have ever driven that has lived up to expectations and keeps on giving. We got lucky (So far) and got a real bargain which is in good nick - I think if you get problems it really takes the shine off owning (see Roo's good bye thread). For me personally (and its only me) I think the Zed is the best sounding car I've ever come across and the interior is a really comfortable place to be - its the perfect balance between power, prestige at 'budget' prices. I think thats why its so easy to forget how expensive it can be when it goes wrong. Bottom line if you are not absolutely excited by this car then don't get it because its clearly not for you anymore and you'll end up resenting it. Or do what I do - buy a car, experience it, shift it 12 months later and get something different.
  4. Your driving something the volume and mass of the Death Star and this was unexpected 15mpg was a little shock if I'm honest but no you are right I can't expect mid 20's from that kind of engine and an auto box with more gadgets than bond. I do feel a little like a baby seal must somewhere die every time I start the engine though Base price just over 42k then you have to add options on - leather, dynamic seats, sat nav, double panoramic roof, memory seats, wood steering wheel, airmatic suspension, AMG alloys, 6 cd auto changer, parktronic. I hesitate to even try and guess with all that but each of those options was crazy expensive - got to be cracking on for well over 50k I guess.
  5. Out of interest has anyone, ever, in their lives seen a non motorway road in the UK (never mind one going through a village) with 2 miles of straight road. Perhaps its just Chester is the home of the bend(ers) but I can't think of a road I know thats a straight mile long and has a surface you would even consider going over 100 on. Then again I should imagine when using the strategy of 'making @*!# up to get a reaction' one doesn't really need a 'real road' on which to do their make believe '165mph' on.
  6. That's exactly who I'm calling tomorrow actually squee. Hoping it's nothing major buy that odd rev jolting needs looking at regardless of how subtle it is. 15mpg so far
  7. They gave it to me for free
  8. Apparently the cleaner was in there as well! I've not had a walk round yet squee......I've got degu's that need cleaning!
  9. ......btw - no fatalities
  10. Apparently the pub 50 yards up the road has slightly more cause to be annoyed Racing apparently
  11. Well you did buy a birds car! OK Point taken..... Yes but you did rectify it buy buying a fricking sweet 370
  12. 2nd post eh? Im getting an early call for troll or absolute assbiscuit
  13. Cheers stu....apart from this minor(ish) concern its an unbelievable amount of car for the cash.
  14. Ok kid. I'll have a tinker.....see if I can find the obdII port.
  15. Aside from the fact it pins my testicals to the seat massager....no. It drops and goes off like a rocket
  16. Not yet mate but I will do. I'm just kacking myself that it's the valeo radiator/glycol/torque converter problem though. In saying that surely the gear changes and acceleration would be affect if that was fooked. 0 to a particularly fast speed which would not be legal in the uk was about 9 seconds......I thought I was going back in time at one point!
  17. Speaking of which I've already got a bit of a worry.....it's very slightly sort of 'hunting' at low rpm when acceleration should be smooth....it must be less than 50 rpm but its a little worrying. Gear changes are all sweet and it goes like sheeeeet of a shovel if you give it some but none the less it could be the dreaded torque converter problem
  18. Well you did buy a birds car!
  19. Wouldnt normally be mine either Dave but I fancy wafting for a bit and this has the advantage of tweaking a few dials and making it a pretty focused car for a big old bus. After the Z4 my poor old back needs a bit of tlc
  20. My new mobile......I so happy E500 5l V8, 74k, full service history, just had all 16 plugs done (at 25 bob a plug ), oil service and tranny fluid replaced. - Full leather - Birds eye maple (for - dynamic seats (seat bolsters tighten and then pull into you in corners) - massaging seats - electric memory seats - dual done front and rear climate control - double panoramic glass roof with solar panels and retracting blinds - boot big enough for 2 dead bodies (should the need ever arise) - unmarked AMG alloys - falkens on rear and ditch finders on the front (with optional tyre scrap glued back on ) - private plate - 4x elec windows - sat nav/cd player thingy - airmatic suspension with adjustable ride height and 3 modes (normal, sport , very sport). - quad exhaust - a few optional bumps and scratches but the old girl is nearly 10 All for the princely sum of £5700 delivered from daaaansaaaf. In true ricey style I purchased this potential money pit blind and without test driving........kahunas? I got em! Major shout out to dblock and biscuit for advice and encouragement! Full works today, snowfoam, wash, clayed, de tarred, machine polished, Poorboys white diamond glaze, dodo white wax (coconut one) and all the other crap you have to do to get a car looking nice! Vroom vroom
  21. S2k to my mind needs a lot more skill, care and attention to drive fast than the zed
  22. I don't have too but I'm a **** so I do
  23. I wear a shines grey suit for work
×
×
  • Create New...