-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
Some very good advice here chaps. I think this company that have taken us over have made some good commitments for the future Sarnie - signed a lease on a new building for 15 years (with break clauses) and have multiple other clients that we could potentially work for (its a bit boring but basically we service a book of debt at the moment.........this company are now going to be servicing this book - but using us). Your right though.......there would be nothing easier to relocate this to their head office which is 200 miles away and save several million in staff and building costs.
-
These are 2 things that really worry me a) I don't like fecking people over and I know there is an element of that in any contracting job. I am a bit of a gobshite if I don't watch myself and people here are well and truly used to that now........it only takes one misplaced word in the wrong ear in a moment of frustration and your out on your arse faster than you can blink. The last time I went for a job like this I didn't have anywhere near the skills but I also tried to be really professional in the interview (which my mate was party to). When I came out he said 'were you ok in there? You just didn't seem yourself at all?!?!?' Might call the bloke interviewing me a 'mongtard' this time and see what happens.
-
Thats a very key point Will........responsibilities. Currently I have none - no kids, missus who has a good job and looks after herself.......yes I've got the odd degu knocking about but nothing that would stop me working away. There will also be a 'restructure' after 3 months of the new company (loosely veiled redundancies). I would hope to avoid this but currently I am a 'seconded manager' which could potentially mean I am demoted to my original role (where I then become a very expensive asset doing a less skilled job) or I have to battle it out for a management role (which I'm confident I would be successful with). I can't see any payrises being forthcoming and even if there were as an employee a whopper of a payrise (10k) would be next to bloody useless as I'd be paying 40% tax on it.
-
I have a stable job that I've been in for 6 years from the company start up. In a month we will be 'taken over' by another company although the actual operation I work in will largely still be managed by the same people. I'm still on the same wage as I was 6 years ago (which is very good - hence no payrises) and I'm well regarded and pretty good at what I do (I think people appreciate my rather odd style which adds a different spin on things). I have pretty good amounts of surplus cash each month but I don't have enough to really take the next step in life to a bigger house etc so I tend to give up with thoughts of saving/repaying mortgage ETC and just spunk cash on cars and other items of unnecessary luxury. A mate of mine is a very well established contractor - he earns £800 a day which is considered cheap for what he does. He's constantly trying to get me out contracting but I'm a bit of a wimp and as I only live 3 miles away from usually cannae be bothered living out of a suitcase on short term contracts etc.. However his latest bit of work is only in Birmingham (not really commutable from Chester but could prob manage it a couple of days and stay in hotels the rest). Its paying £350-£450 a day which if I can avoid IR35 puts me on something like £80-100k a year. Its initially a 6 month contract with chance of extension. Its a bit of a game changer - that sort of money would really change my life. I'm being given a route into a world that people will kill for by a guy who always seems to fall on his feet and has a network of contractor buddies who seem to look after one another work wise. Problem is it worries me to buggery the thought of leaving my cosy little rutt 3 miles down the road that I've been in since leaving school......I don't NEED the money but I can't really move on without it. I'm a little institutionalised to my own little mircosystem of Cheshire which I've not really strayed from in my 30 years. So whatchoo think? Its Operational Management Consulting and not IT based but the IR35 thing worries me.........If I get caught in that then the income looks a whole lot less attractive and I have to live away from home AND pay for it.
-
Toolstation.........get a tyre iron
-
How do you mean mate? Stock Zed is limited to 155 as far as I was aware?
-
Your in brum aintcha? I did a blackcircles search and there is a mobile bloke in Bromford with 4 stars out of 5 from 188 ratings. I think the number is 01217 485700
-
I think it's there or there about made.
-
If I saw £50 I would be snapping up a pair instead of cocking about with my deathtrap of a car jack but 200 nicker for foam!!!!!! Turkish your having a giraffe!
-
Neil have you just had some 'alone time' in that bedroom? Your right bicep appears to be far more muscular than your left
-
Really..........about 10 threads down from yours viewtopic.php?f=157&t=43549
-
Stunning motor.
-
I've given up..........5 months, trainning with a pro kickboxer, 300 quid of protein and creatine put on 6kgs and lost it all when I got injured (which I frequently did). Beer, fags and no excersice is the diet now!
-
Neil getting his pump on down the gym?
-
Bah I knew some bugger would have got in there before...........technically its not a proper repost as there are different cars for sale now
-
It seems a little 'full' price wise but nothing too chronic I don't think. Check the 'guides' section out matey........reems of info and a buyers guide in there.
-
Take a look in the guides bud.......tonnes of info in there
-
To save someone the bother of reading all of jims post I can say that he has been a stickler for keeping this original and has lavished attention on it. We nearly bought it before you did!
-
When you've got 313 money you don't need too
-
How do you work that out based on that Advert? Apart from a near ridiculous price and assuming no CAT-D (in fact even assuming a well repaired CAT-D) whats the issue? 4 grand plus a couple of hundred to tax it? The car is underpriced for a reason, I wouldn't want to drive a heavy V6 around waiting to find out why it was so cheap... Could be anything though couldn't it? No tax may = financial difficulty which may = mortgage arrears which may = immediate lump sum payment required to bail out mortgage. Or may = scrotter who couldn't afford to run the car in the first place wants cash out asap Or may = shedder of a zed that will blow up in 12 miles. Nothing from those piccies should put anyone off nosing at it if they're in the market for a car.
-
How do you work that out based on that Advert? Apart from a near ridiculous price and assuming no CAT-D (in fact even assuming a well repaired CAT-D) whats the issue? 4 grand plus a couple of hundred to tax it?
-
Where's a noob with no budget when you need one!
-
I'm confused? Why has Bam Margera put a blond streak in his hair?