Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. Seems like all of us who bought the berks HFCs are getting that little rasp / rattle. Must admit I do kinda like it, but was worrying when I kept hearing it at the start as I too thought something was rattling loose.
  2. Welcome , not too far away for our local meets
  3. Good luck with the transplant. I look forward to lots of updates and pics and seeing the other old gal come back to life.
  4. Cheers for the reply. Appreciate the advice as I'm a little worried to drive her now til I get the remap done. Don't know if I'm being over worried but better safe than sorry. No it's not boomey on the motorway at all, come back from Wales last night cruising along sensibly at just under 3k revs and the loudest noise was tyres and wind. It's what I love about the milltek and berks, quiet when you want it but throaty and burbling when you put your foot down Found a little tunnel today to try out, i tell you as clarkson said I nearly had a little crysis. Can't wait for heinhead.
  5. Looks like it's just rolled out of the showroom,
  6. Lol yeah I remember saying nope no mods for me lol. I guess its being in the general vicinity of Graham and dave and it rubs off lol. Bit of a panic though, I've been informed that since the hfc's make the car run lean and the up rev does that too the car could be running very lean. I'm going to get it booked into abbey to have the remap tweaked but until then on a daily commute to work am I risking damage to the valves etc until the remap tweak ?
  7. Great pics and congratulations to all the winners
  8. Glad you liked it guys, and glad i can help neil only problem is my fuel consumption seems to have gone through the floor Just contacted sky insurance to get cover for the new alloys and the hfc and no change to premiums so it's all win win. Just got to book it back in with abbey now for the remap
  9. Cheers for the info g man, thought it was supposed to sound like that, the guys that fitted it made sure everything was tight so assumed it was a characteristic. Yup, you describe it well as a little rasp. Actually kinda like it. Glad you had fun in the lakes, pity I couldn't make it this year
  10. I now know what G-man and octet meant when they said that the Berks hfcs maks your car sound pornographic. OMG - its like someone has given my little milltek exhaust viagra. Im so totally in love with my car all over again. Ive used up 3/4s of my fuel tank this weekend enjoying the new sound. Only way i can describe it is you know when you drive between two stone walls, or a tunnel and you get that lovely exhaust echo coming back at you - well now you dont need the walls. Its just, wow. Car sounds so much more fun to drive now. Really sounds much more of a muscle car. I still get the nice rumble, burble thats indicative of the milltek but its deeper and far nicer Took dad out in it this afternoon and on the trip back from town made a little vid to hopefully show you what it sounds like. Sounds great through the little village of Mordiford. The drive isnt too exciting as I was a good boy and stuck to the speed limits but the noise of the car makes it seem so much quicker, even just pootling around town is fun. One guy nearly fell over trying to crane his neck to see what was making the noise. God i love it. Quick question though to those that have got one of the berks hfc. Im noticing a raspy tinny noise around 4-4.5k revs, also when i let off the accelerator at low revs. Ive read this seems to be quite common. Im fine with it as i actually quite like it, but wanted to check incase it indicated something could be loose. Didnt make the noise before the berks went on.... Anyways heres the little vid, lots of wind noise im afraid as the roof was down since it was such a gorgeous day.
  11. Will370z

    lake Z photos

    great photos looks like a i missed a good meeting and some lovely roads
  12. That sounds darn right dodgy lol. Hope you get the problem sorted, zugara comes to save the day again we will have to get you a superhero costume
  13. Nothing official short term in the pipeline but I'm sure we can improvise, about time we had scampi at the wise old owl once again and we are going to have a snow foam party down at ians sometime...lol
  14. Nice job there big transformation I'm lucky my seats are in pretty good nik but I may give that stuff a try. Where did you get it?
  15. I don't know what you are talking about dave I guess I'm just a follower of fashion and you are the trend setter. Being a sheep has never been so much fun. And that's speaking as a welsh man.
  16. Looking forward to seeing the results mate, hope it looks all spick and span
  17. Have a great weekend guys and fingers crossed for some nice weather. Looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the photos.
  18. Good to hear she will be back on the road soon, hope they make a good job of it
  19. Yeah that put a smile on my face, similar thing happened to a friend of my dads in his e type whilst racing up Prescott hill climb
  20. Ah stupid iPad, I'll link via the pc
  21. not part of the car that you would normally want to come loose. embedded - Neo
  22. You are a brave man, it was damp on the ring for us two weeks ago and I stayed well clear. What a great place though, still on a high when I think about it 2 weeks later.
  23. Sorry to hear you had a bad day. Although you get that attitude in many places it's definitely more common in London. Lived in hammersmith / mortlake for 5 years and really disliked the London attitude. Everyone just focuses on their own little world and sod everyone else. Glad i did it but never again, there's more to life.
  24. Puff that's only a small scratch don't see what all the fuss is about Ouch man that looks awful, hope the insurance comes out in your favour, looks like new panels will be needed. Fingers crossed for you. Your poor zed
×
×
  • Create New...