Jump to content

RisingPower

Members
  • Posts

    1,317
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RisingPower

  1. Honest ... may be I just don't want Nismo's +1 I for one don't like them, a bit too.... oem for my taste. You could run them in winter, just means you end up rinsing the wheels after each journey and washing them a few times a week
  2. That won't be a problem, just do a few doughnuts to shake the snow loose and drive off
  3. That really gets me annoyed too. We nearly ran into someone doing exactly the same thing yesterday. The snowy conditions don't really bother me too much - the problem is the number of a**holes on the roads who can't handle a car in the dry, never mind these conditions! +1, the number of numpties on the road seems to increase tenfold.
  4. Good, no, fun, yes
  5. Not unless you want to be cleaning them after every journey
  6. IMHO suit the z down to a t, especially on a gunmetal Do it
  7. I found the journey in the zed not bad at all tbh in the snow (what scattering there was of it at the top of the hill) today, no doubt when we have some proper snow it won't be as much fun
  8. RisingPower

    ADVAN wheels?

    I ended up trying b2autodesigns when I was considering going with advans, the problem is the painful waiting times on them if you try most other places, but b2 were pretty good Japshop just said flat out no to the rs's in 19"s. I don't think the RS's have been done over here yet? They're imho whole manners tastier, but imo they're still silly money for what they are. Not to my taste, but there are worse imo:
  9. Ooo, can you fit a bumper in the back?
  10. Very sorry to hear that, when they mention the c word with someone you care about it does put a whole new perspective on life. I really hope that he gets better. That doctor is absolutely disgusting imho and it wouldn't be a bad thing if his behaviour was reported.
  11. Tis fair enough, but I'd always be afraid of hitting curbs with them on tbh, winter doesn't worry me any more or less than curbing them normally I know there's more ice and more risk, but given the number of numpties around, winter really is the least of my concerns. I'd end up never even wanting to put them back on in summer tbh. Maybe if some cheap tyres come up I'll bear it in mind, but if the zed is really that unusable in winter, I'd be better off just getting a 4x4 and leaving it parked up?
  12. Oh shush you If it gets bad enough I'd rather get a 4x4 rather than put the old wheels on the Z. Would cost about the same tbh. Just for you, I've got pictures of what winter is doing to my wheels so far:
  13. I don't think there was even any ice on the roads, just ice on the car. Either way, imo hardly a reason to stop driving the zed and hardly brave. Now, if there had been snow many many inches deep
  14. I managed to get the boot open a bit easier I think it's most likely i'll end up waiting for the AA All of you telling me to be worried about how the zed is in the snow, not much of an issue is it if the tank is empty
  15. Thing is, it opens perfectly fine normally, but of course, one morning when I wanted to top up with petrol it point blank refused.
  16. See, I didn't think when defrosting the Z last week that when I got to a petrol station I wouldn't be able to open the filler cap as it had frozen solid. Took a few goes, but got it open eventually. Just wondering whether people defrost around the filler cap during winter
  17. Option 1 for me.
  18. Oh the irony, is that before or after they've repaired damage?
  19. Depends on width and design?
  20. I preferred sarahs 275's on her gtfs to my 285's Thought mine looked a bit too... chunky? NEVER! I like the chunkier look but it's all personal taste. I preferred mine when the tyres were closer to the arches (i.e parked on an uneven surface in a petrol station), but I found 275 was just nicely tucked whilst still offering some rim protection? 255 seems a little stretched though for the fronts (9.5"). IMHO it looked vile on the M3, with supposedly stock tyre sizes, imo they were way too stretched.
  21. I preferred sarahs 275's on her gtfs to my 285's Thought mine looked a bit too... chunky?
  22. Not too bad? Would help to know the rim sizes though? £261 for 2x 452s? http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 0s338p6236 Ahhh, the T7's! If they're 19x9 and 19x10, then yeah, 275 is probably the best bet. Ah wait, are they 18x9 and 18x10? If so I understand £280 now.
  23. Mmm, need to know the size of the rims. But see the tyre size guide here: http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual ... calculator My opinion? Don't like it really generally, there are only a very few cases where it looks ok. A very mild stretch like 10mm, fine, but 30mm? Not for me.
  24. See, If I'd have known, would have been worth a listen at the meet Ah well, hopefully next time Well I am shy and don't like to boast What was with the buddy club and the stockings then?
×
×
  • Create New...