Jump to content

RisingPower

Members
  • Posts

    1,317
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RisingPower

  1. I think without canards it looks better imo, but it may come in handy if you wanted to slice up pedestrians
  2. Aw darnit, why must I constantly be teased with the beautiful v2 front and nismo sides Stunning looking z Black handles would look
  3. Thanks for that and you're right about being hard to keep clean
  4. Hey, it's not your fault. I was saying if you wanted to say a certain something about a certain company
  5. They did look Thanks, they really need the final center cap though Why do wheel packages come with only 3 centrecaps ? ......... mine did aswell Dunno whether I should blatantly have a go at a certain company a certain trader had to do business with If sarah wants to say something though
  6. They did look Thanks, they really need the final center cap though
  7. They were very dirty after 80 miles Think I need to get some optimum no rinse and carry it with me.
  8. Thanks mike
  9. Hmm, so maybe bags of sand for winter? To be fair, I live at near the bottom of a hill, if it can't make it up that, I won't be going any further, or trying.
  10. Hmm... I still find it difficult to see how massively different it'll be in the snow, but I haven't seen it in the snow yet. TBH I found the M3 was perfectly fine in the snow aside from trying to get it up a very steep slope in a parking area which had quite a deep covering of snow. If I could get the M3 up a reasonable hill and park in the snow, is it really going to be much more difficult in the Z?
  11. It will probably be just as bad, but at least it has some weight over the rear axle. I honestly don't think the Z will be any worse in the winter than an M3 with a broken RTAB in very heavy rain.
  12. Sorted then Or at least when I have the moolah
  13. Hrmmf, maybe it just isn't any lower... In which case.... I'd be copying you (not that this is a bad thing) See, ryanmac on my350z had carbon v2 side skirts, almost toying with that and the nismo v2 front w/carbon..... Thanks for that though, that pretty clearly shows they are the same height
  14. See here, it doesn't look any lower: But here it does, using the oem side skirts part in the centre as a basis for guesstimating: Shame the amuse ones are definitely lower: I can have a look tomorrow to see whether I have any more clearance with the volks, should do.
  15. Hmm, I may consider skirts at some point in the future, but I still think they'd only end up being a nightmare around here. I don't think the Nismo skirts on mine are any lower than oem just come out further.My Varis lip clears the 2 speed bumps onto our estate with no probs and my car is lowered. If they're not lower I may consider them. I know the amuse sides which were the ones I was looking at certainly looked lower. Last time I checked there was literally maybe 0.5-1cm clearance max with the current skirts. If anyone has any before/after pics of the nismo side skirts.....
  16. Hmm, I may consider skirts at some point in the future, but I still think they'd only end up being a nightmare around here.
  17. Indeed, but I had massive understeer trying to get onto a slip road, 30mph, nope no traction, 20mph still no traction, 15mph, wahey traction. I have considered winter tyres and the stockers, but I never needed them in the M3, which has precisely no weight over the rear wheels whatsoever. I think you could have an incident in winter no matter what tyres you're on, however, it would be less painful driving into a curb with the oems.
  18. Also, bear in mind, I've been driving on budget tyres for the last... 8 months Those are... interesting in the wet
  19. The only thing that scares me is salt Besides, I thought the z was meant for sliding? Doesn't also feel like so much of a lardass when it does as the M3 did I also enjoyed sliding in the M3 when it was snowy, twas fun trying to park in a whole new way up a hill
  20. RisingPower

    Toyo tyres

    RE050's are very much a different kettle of fish, IMHO both toyos and bridgestones re040's aren't brilliant in the wet.
  21. Roads are really cack round here, doubt I can drop it. The Y pipe was scraping at stock height Well, I was thinking rear bumper, nismo v2 replica front. You'd also be surprised, I've seen the chargespeed w/out sides and it looks not bad at all imo. With sides, currently they're very low as is, I just have this picture in my head of the Z being beached on a bump, rocking back and forwards Here we go, chargespeed rear, stock sides: http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-in ... nyone.html
  22. We'll see I'm hoping gtechniq c5 and plenty of care should see them through fine
  23. RisingPower

    Toyo tyres

    Urrr, no, you don't need runflats, unless you prefer them. You could, but within limits, dunno whether there's falken fk452s in those. I'm not sure I'd bother, I'd probably go with the uniroyals, but it's up to you. http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual ... calculator
  24. RisingPower

    Toyo tyres

    Had toyos r1s and px4's aaages back on the ctr, were great in the dry with no real feeling through them (very soft sidewall), not so good in the wet. Don't see why you'd need runflats either? 225/60 sounds way out on any axle? Stock sizes are 225/45 and 245/45 on 18"s. Yeah, 350z wiki says 225/50 r17 and 235/50 r17. Shame falken fk452s don't come in that size, aren't uniroyal supposed to be reasonable? http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... s555p60682
  25. Oh shush you, big girls blouse With gtechniq and regular care I'm sure they'll be fine
×
×
  • Create New...