Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Surely a rusty Z could be classed as a ginger car?
  2. Until there is a better option I will keep watching it, yes the repeats on Dave are better even though I have seen them 100 times but its like football or sex with the missus, one day you just hope it will be as good as it used to be
  3. I think its better than the last couple of series, still seems to be a bit more about ego's than cars but its good entertainment and if it was more geeky it wouldn't appeal to the masses I guess...
  4. I guess you tried turning all the power of for a few minutes then rebooting, mine plays up every now and then and a power off sorts it all out.
  5. Surely for £650 you could have a double din unit with satnav built in, would probably be better than the oem nissan one. Then flog the nissan one to get a bit of your money back
  6. I was considering exactly the setup you mention as a lot of people on here have it and seem happy with it..... but I decided on this instead.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Buddy-Club-Pro-Spec-cat-back-exhaust-Nissan-350Z-Z33-/350285735798?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518ea82776#ht_730wt_907 Not a lot more expensive and seems to be very impressive It arrives Monday
  7. Mine has burnt out too how much do you want for yours sketch?
  8. Will have to invest in some of those (just not red) as my lovely black ebay ones got nicked they were the type you just tighten a bit with a socket but still they went during a meal in a Harvester car park
  9. I was thinking the same thing..... I was hoping my Z would be a magnet, just not in THAT way....
  10. Cheers Rich, PM replied to.... jeez you have to be quick round here, what a bunch of Vultures we all are!!!!
  11. sent the pm but wont let me post?
  12. Is that all 350z's from here? Not sure, I asked how business was and Scott said he had 7 Z's in this week for dyno + workshop... if its all member on here then
  13. If you search you will find answers to all your questions All depends on what you get, I got a F900bt with SatNav + BT + iPod etc etc etc.... Phone controls work ok and dont need the BT phone system as it has it built in
  14. You must be one of the 7 guys booked in this week with Abbey. I was there last thursday had the same set up fitted from alex but I didnt get the remap .....yet You will love the new setup, if your gears are even a little stiff get them to change the gearbox oil too, alex suggested this as I had some vibration in 5th and now its sooooo smooooth
  15. Looking good Good luck keeping a black car looking clean though!
  16. Seems some of the traders on here have got a bad name lately, so glad to give praise where it is due. I asked Scott at Abbey if he was getting lots of trade from the site, not sure if they are all members but 7 Z's booked in for tuning and workshop time next week alone! I could have got my work done nearer but its nice to go somewhere that sees Z's all the time not just once in a while.
  17. The last couple of months have not been great.... Clutch getting heavier and heavier, I'm 6'4" and no wimp but I almost needed a left knee support!!! 5th gear sticking, also vibration when in 5th @ just over 3k, all leaving me and not loving my Z. New clutch & flywheel from zmanalex Trip to Abbey, clutch fitted, HEL brake lines fitted, gearbox oil change and some other minor work and..... Even on the fairly gentle 30 mile trip home the difference was huge, lovely light clutch, smoother gear changes (no sticking), no vibration and no rattle from under the car thanks to some welding... Thanks Alex and thanks Abbey for making me my Z again
  18. My 3g has multitasking AND changeable backgrounds only thing I cant do is hack a better processor or camera The multitasking works ok on 3g, obviously not as quick as on the newer models, all you have to do is tweak a couple of lines of code in the OS4, believe it or not it just has the feature set as false, change it to true and hey presto!!!! You have to jailbreak the OS4. My 3g was jailbroken on 3.1.3 so I upgraded through iTunes to 4.0 then jailbroke it again
  19. If you search on here you will find loads of info, I forgot to mention the brakes, the non brembo ones are not really upto the job, only my opinion of course and I only test drove one import. The thing that swung me is there really are not any + points for buying an import apart from the price, but then once you realise all the things you maybe want to change it works out more expensive. I guess an import would be a good starting point if you really want to mod your car as most of the bits that are not quite upto the UK ones you would be changing anyway... Whatever you choose enjoy it
  20. Too many player like Johnson, Barry etc who have had £20m moves, get paid £100,000 a week and think that they are World Class... sorry but you are average at best and all the flash cars and big houses and beautiful girlfriends dont make you a great footballer
  21. Imports are cheaper, but can be harder to insure. They also have a smaller capacity petrol tank, much quieter standard exhaust and are restricted. There are a few other 'quirks' including different dials, bumpers etc. If you can afford it get a UK car, but then again if you find a good quality import with a proper history all the above are fairly minor and can all be changed without too much hassle. Either way you will not be dissapointed, its the same car just made for a different market Im sure all the Import guys will be along and tell you not to let it put you off, but im glad I waited and got a UK model as im sure a lot of little minor things add up to a
  22. Totally agree, more tax on luxuries like booze and fags that way the people clogging up the hospitals will actually be helping the country out instead of being even more of a burden than they already are. I survived Cancer and had to lay in a ward with smokers dragging their drips and machines outside to smoke, made me sick, quite literally.
  23. Real men don't read manuals Having said that, I have browsed through it..... I even phoned the dealer to find where it was..... hidden in the secret compartment that is identified in the manual
×
×
  • Create New...