Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. What I love about that pic Sparky is that you must have been so happy to get it working you thought stuff the fact there are bits everywhere still I am going to take a photo anyway
  2. Ooooh Carbon Fibre Best colour and don't worry about your spelling it is better than some on here I have been to Gran Canaria on holiday a few years back... loved it
  3. Pretty much any will fit but do you have steering controls? Any Pioneer / Alpine / Kenwood should be ok, have a look in the I.C.E. section and you will get some ideas
  4. I would recommend a Pioneer but only because I have one. Bank on at least £600 for a decent one with SatNav and then you need all the adapters and facia etc... Worth it though Not a great pic...
  5. I know, but it doesn't make it any less funny
  6. Then the OP is very lucky he didn't hit anything
  7. A is But a from an Admin is epic
  8. I thought that legally you had to have Snow Tyres fitted in Germany Found this after a quick search - "Driving on snow-covered roads in Germany is permitted only if your car is equipped with the proper tires. There are dedicated winter tires as well as all weather tires that may be acceptable. Use of regular summer tires in snowy or icy conditions can result in a fine and, much worse, loss of your insurance coverage in the event of an accident." So I would leave the Zed parked up if it doesn't have Tyres with the proper symbols on
  9. You beat me to it Colin Looks the same to me too....
  10. I broke mine too I replaced mine with an aftermarket one like this - You can get one here from an american site - http://www.courtesyparts.com/big-chrome%20...%20_881_1243& But have a look on this thread.... it looks the same maybe http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=44031
  11. The Zed has big fat tyres and RWD it has no right to be 'good' in snow, whereas the 'crappy' cars have FWD and skinny tyres so are not good in the snow, just better. If you have to drive it then why not get Snow Tyres or Snow Sock or Snow Chains
  12. Make sure you tell your insurer you are fitting winter Tyres, many class them as a modification and as such they void your insurance if not declared. Some insurers charge extra as it means you are intending to use your car more in bad conditions and some won't even insure you with winter Tyres on... best to check
  13. Too many posts like this at the moment Glad your ok mate
  14. I know the seller, guy on the right
  15. What did I miss?
  16. Bad news indeed, I was supposed to be making a 120 mile round trip to see my old man today but I am staying in... I know it's Christmas and I should go and see him but I wouldn't mind see a few more myself As everyone says on these threads, at least you are ok, that's the main thing everything else can be fixed, even if it is expensive and gives the other half something to bring up over and over and over again
  17. Didn't see the programme but I echo these sentiments completely, and so should everybody else no matter what your opinions or politics are.
  18. Really? The cover I have which is the genuine one from Alex is a pretty tight fit and ties underneath to make it even tighter... Also where I park is walled on 3 sides so very little wind, so bit if a sweeping statement really, depends on the situation... There are plus and minus points for either, my car is a daily drive so I don't detail it to an inch of it's life anyway, certainly not this time of year anyway. Also you should see the size of the cats round my way and the foxes too... I have a genuine cover too so I'm aware how good the fit is. It's up to the OP what he does. I was simply offering my advice as a someone that looks after my car paintwork and has had experience of the Zed and cover for a number of years. The OP didn't say if the car would be out of the wind etc. Also, you still have to put the tight fitting cover on the car. You can't do that without pulling it over the paintwork. If YOU can then you need to teach this magic! Pulling a car cover on over dirty paint would be like dragging a gritty sponge across the car. As I say, it's only my opinion so feel free to ignore as I'm sure many others do. I would never ignore you Stew Yeah it's a forum and we all just offer our own advice and experience... I had a nasty time with my last car and a cat that was always on my car... unfortunately it was my own cat I haven't got into 'proper' detailing yet, only just got my polisher so I expect once I go to the effort of getting rid of all the swirls I may have a different outlook... I have only covered my car a few times anyway when I have been away for a while not every night as I use the car everyday
  19. A little squirt of deicer works ok
  20. I was thinking that too, I love my D1 Spec though Although might not need it after next week if all goes well
  21. That is a very good question...
  22. Looks pretty good I wanna see the other DeNiro film first, Little Fockers
  23. Not an expert but I think JDM's without Bose don't have rear speakers installed could be wrong but sure I read that somewhere on here
  24. Just saw him on the News Seemed a very unassuming guy and like you say very laid back
×
×
  • Create New...