Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I drive slow on purpose sometimes so I can listen to music Haha good reason, also at 55/60 I wouldn't even be in 6th gear you have to get to motor way speeds to use 6th
  2. Best not show her this either then
  3. I went for a managerial job at the Post Office in Bristol once, the more I looked into it the more was glad I didn't get offered it. The Unions run the places and looks like they have run them into the ground
  4. No good without spacers
  5. I drive at 70ish on the motorways and always average at least 32mpg on decent trips. If I had to drive at 55/60mph just to get a few more mpg I think I would rather get out and walk
  6. Don't forget these
  7. Same as HMV and probably several more, saturday mornings walking round the shops are a thing of the past....
  8. Very Ninja
  9. Seems fine to me, the last car my old man had was a Metro
  10. Not seen it before but it looks nice and clean, it should be on here if it isn't
  11. Depends how bad it is.... if it is REALLY bad I would suggest some fine grade wet & dry and some rubbing compound to get the worst off
  12. Cat end should be standard
  13. The repair 'estimate' will be extortionate.... I needed a new front passenger ray and tyre which came to £1,250 I told the garage to get me a 2nd hand one and refurb all 4 but they had already ordered it glad I wasn't paying for it
  14. A difference of One Ron is ok A difference of Two Rons not so good
  15. As I said earlier, you will be perfectly fine on 97RON. It's the difference between 95 and 97+ that causes issues, not 97 and 99. My Zed was run on 97 and loved it, as is the 911 and the Impreza. Do I really have to post my 2 rons pic again
  16. It's still showing on the post above because it quoted the original
  17. And that's from someone that would almost certainly be in for some business if you didn't Seriously though, I know how you feel as I had an accident last year, luckily only the drivers side of my car was wiped out, my Zed was on 90k+ so I started looking around at replacements thinking it would be written off but the Insurance covered the repairs as they were confident the other party would be paying, although it still isn't sorted... It would have been heartbreaking to loose the car as like you it has given me very few problems given the mileage on it, but at the end of the day the damage to yours is so great that it really wouldn't be worth salvaging even with all the nostalgia attached, you would be spending more than it would be worth and once finished it would be devalued even more because of the damage / repairs. £6.5k is a decent figure I reckon given the mileage....
  18. It will be fine Luke, it won't go anywhere once fitted correctly Agreed they fit tight as a drum, I always thought about spraying mine as the gold does look out of place but then I am not an engine bay queen
  19. The problem wouldn't be on a track or spirited drives here are there it will be when you are sitting in traffic with no cold air if it wasn't required then JWT would have cut down their costs and not bothered with it
  20. Yeah only teasing... I didn't say you were right or wrong
  21. I don't have an issue with spacing but making letters or numbers look like they are something they are not just makes you look stupid... D4VE would be ok but if you added bits to the 4 to look like an A then Same with to 1's trying to look like an H that is just S11 1T
  22. You sure it wasn't just a big mirror
  23. +1 seems you need a new toy Hmmm now what could they both have in common.... oh yes they both drive other cars now
×
×
  • Create New...