Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Lovely looking car and an unusual colour and nismo combo
  2. Drop Tarmac a PM, if you are not desperate he does the odd group buy I believe
  3. I think you have ruined the summer for us all Neil, as soon as you got your Berks it has rained and rained, we will need an Ark soon
  4. An EVO is like the ugly girl at a party, you have heard she goes like a steam train but do you really want everyone there knowing you have taken a ride on that particular train
  5. All depends on budget really and what you want the mods to achieve for you You will not turn the car into a super performer, even spending 1,000's on superchargers etc doesn't raise it to biblical levels... Some good plans would maybe include - Upgraded brake pads & rotors CAI for even more lovely noise Plenum spacer, exhaust & uprev for yet more noise and a little more usable & smooth power... That should set you back around £2k maybe more depending on what you go for but you will totally transform the driving experience You are right about chipping, it is not useless on its own but with the right mods it is much better, best to decide on what you want and get it all done prior to remap
  6. £85 so far fantastic but come on lets get it to at least £100
  7. I would want to see the stack not just take the sellers word for it
  8. If Black Rose is brown then you can actually polish a turd and make it look beautiful
  9. I was going to agree 100% until that bit
  10. I just need to get the actual washer bit out at the top of the glass and I will be happy.... oh and paint one of my spare grommits blue
  11. The red one does look stunning..... apart from the colour, if it was purple I think I would do a sex wee
  12. How far is it to Wales to get covered in crud again
  13. It's a generic thing like others have said. My Leon says in the handbook that it can be serviced every 10k or 20k but the 20k intervals are not for the PD FR 9k or every year Mine will be due it's unluck 13th Service later this year
  14. Not sure it is 100% correct but when my missus old Punto had it's MOT the guy said he would have to fail the car as the rear wiper was not working at all, I took it off and he said it was not a fail as it had to be fitted to be defective Anyway I decided to delete my wiper in April and we have had the wettest few weeks for years and I haven't missed it once
  15. Can't see many of those being affordable AND reliable.... 370z maybe but I am not keen myself having driven a Couple last year when I thought my 350 had been written off and driving a Roadster recently it hasn't changed my opinion. More power than a 350 yes but as fun and involving to drive... I am not so sure Also the looks are not my cup of tea either. You should get a V8 Jaaaaaag then at least RTBiscuit will have someone to talk to, you can get matching smoking jackets and share a cigar at the club
  16. That's ok Steve, it was kind of nice of you to notice
  17. Nobody wants the rear light to have a go at clearing it
  18. It was more for show, a bit like CK boxers and jeans around your knees
  19. That's what I mean though Dave......your car is immaculate and over 100k yet we see cars blowing with less tha 50k on them because if how they have been looked after. Problem is once you get to 120k on the clock is so difficult to know what kind of life it's had.....60k wrapped in cotton wool and 60k thrashed in Morries carpark.....you just don't know. True and obviously the risk goes up with age and mileage, I know I have been lucky and got a well looked after car, but as you say plenty have bought much newer low mileage Zeds and had a shocking time.... The only thing I would say is that when I bought mine over 2 years ago Zeds were not cheap enough to be abused unlike these days.... Has anyone ever done 60k in a Supermarket carpark.... that must have been a donut of biblical proportions
  20. Well after many comments at meets from several different people I decided to sort out my low hanging under tray.... ZSpeed alu tray purchased for Mr Tarmac and quite easy to fit even for a plum like me I did find out the reason for the low hanging, the 2 bolts that hold the tray in the middle at the front were snapped off in place so a slight midification of the Zspeed with a drill and all good No pictures as it is not really very interesting.....
  21. I really don't like the vielside kit but i really really love your car Can't wait to have a closer look in Wales, mainly so I can pinch some ideas
  22. There is an s reg passat 'type R' in the car park at work.... I will try and get a pic
  23. I would rather have a reliable datsun with no wood in sight
  24. And you still drive an old mans car
  25. Have you guys checked out blackcat dials, they do JDM, HR dials wtc i think they are getting more colourful too, I just wanted stock looking but different enough to stand out..., those dials look a bit erm..... chavvy?
×
×
  • Create New...