Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. It gets better and better..... just put a deposit down on this nice little runaround for Mary
  2. Very cool, probably VERY expensive too but very cool all the same
  3. I have never seen anything like it, Kim is like something possessed when she gets a screwdriver or spanner in her hand
  4. Glad your back safe and sound Danny Boy If you need a support vehicle next time let me know
  5. Seriously guys at one point I thought I was going to be lucky to keep my shirt
  6. I haven't sold it yet till Mary gets a replacement although every morning now I am going to check it over as I wouldn't put it past Bob to turn up in the middle if the night and fit a lip, skirts, spoiler........
  7. If you could have seen her face when I told her nearly made a grown man cry.....
  8. Couple if pics of the lads hard at work.... Bob set to work straight away on the exhaust... Chris removing my ICE (notice the brains of the operation keeping a close eye on proceedings ) And something tells me a certain Azure may be covered in flowers some time soon.....
  9. To the Zed Shed guys & girls yet again.... I set out at 06:45 yesterday morning and met a certain Will370z at Fleet Services and arrived at the Zed Shed at about 09:45... The plan was to swap my LED lights with some standard ones, the LEDs were going on Matts car and cash my way Then Chris/Bob/Kim (mostly Kim) were changing my Rays/Milltek/Berks and Zspeed undertray for OEM wheels, OEM exhaust and refitting my OEM undertray, all the above going to Chris (for Kims Zed) except the exhaust and again cash my way Well..... I kind of knew what kind of days it was going to be when after 5 minutes Chris showed Will & myself the wrecked black Zed and by the time we has walked round it Kim & Bob had my rear lights changed, these guys do NOT hang about! As the day went on they proceeded to remove, with great skill (and a few war wounds) anything and everything that wasn't standard from my Zed... As bits came off and others arrived basically everything got snapped up, showing that if you tastefully mod with good quality stuff it still has a value, that and the fact that I was happy to price stuff up reasonable as I am that kind of guy, I was just glad the stuff is going to people who love Zeds and will appreciate and care for them.... Then came a big shock....... Bob asked what I would be looking for for the Zed, so I told him what I had been offered/was expecting part/ex on Marys new MX-5 and we did a deal Soooooooo my old girl will be Netti's new baby, and I can hand on heart honestly say I couldn't hope for a better new owner or better home So I started the day hoping to get my Zed back to basics and ended up selling everything practically including the car!!!! Just need to find an MX-5, get all the paper back from the DVLC as the private plate is coming off and Netti will be getting the train down to Kent and going home in a Zed It will be a quiet drive home with an OEM exhaust and a non working Bose but...... I know a very nice man who can fix both of those, you might know him too he shares your bed Thanks again, you honestly couldn't wish for a family (inc Bob & Nessi) who are more friendly, welcoming, warm, funny, hard working, knowledgable and of course vulturous Great seeing the rest of you guys yesterday especially those that helped fill my wallet, don't worry it will going on all things Jaaaaaaaaaag Pics to follow although I didn't take many
  10. Yesterday I (well Chris & Bob mostly) removed a few mods... Rays Spacers ZSpeed Undertray Berks HFCs Milltek Exhaust CF front lip Zunspeed front grille Rear LED lights Reversing camera Rear subwoofer Hertz speakers all round inc tweeters 4way JL amp Gear knob Dipstick Door handrests Rear strut cover And all sold on the day at the Zed Shed apart from the milltek and all the ICE
  11. You have to own up now or My guess is.... he still had his foot on the clutch when it was rolling back
  12. I read all Chris' posts and as he said, in the main his were dealer issues as he bought his Jag new I think, Jag & thd XF are consistently voted high in all polls of actual owners so that's good enough for me If the Jag is even half as bulletproof as my Zed I will be a very happy bunny... The reason they get voted highly is because the majority are owned by people who have never set foot outside the brand. I moaned about my new car and the lack of interest from jaguar and got banned from a jaguar forum for doing so. It was as though I had just walked into the living room, took a dump on the rug and a leak in the best China teacups. How dare anyone complain about their jag on a jaguar forum... Nice looking, great quality ride, excellent engine (got the same in the RRS), but the build quality on mine was shite, and the interest jaguar themselves showed toward a customer(s) that was new to the brand was rubbish. The forum I have joined seems ok, lots of old farts so I fit right in.... I am going to gradually introduce them to my unique brand of humour and outlook on life Funnily enough most in there and the one guy I met friday to pick up the exhaust from laugh at 'the other site' and how they have all been banned from it for saying bad stuff so maybe it is just that forums over zealous brand of Moderation.... The one I am frequenting has good/bad reviews and honest opinions so I'm happy, not expecting it to be a patch on this place though that's for sure....
  13. So smashing into another car and buggering off with no insurance in possibly a stolen car is a low level crime these days . Feel gutted for you Ian, Caroline was distraught when I told her. Pete The Americans get a lot wrong but I agree with Grand Larceny, apart from a house a car is pretty much the biggest possession most of us will own regardless of what make/model it is
  14. And a very simple and cheap (£500) remap takes it to 320bhp and enough torque to tow the Isle of Skye And probably enough torque to make it fairly undeliverable on the good old damp british roads. Not with all that weight there are silly remaps available and sensible ones, I don't want to wheel spinning in every gear in the dry let alone the wet I won't be getting it done for at least a year, thats what I did with tge Zed learnt to drive it and what it could do, then got an UpRev when I could appreciate it...
  15. Trouble is they don't flow, they just look stuck which obviously they are...
  16. That. Or leave it in your pocket and let it connect to bluetooth
  17. Full Milltek exhaust sysyem for a 350z Very good condition, no dents of dings, just a few minor scratches that I am sure will polish out. Tips in perfect conition, the only damage is on the flexi of the Y-pipe but it has not gone through just superficial. I am looking for £650 The exhaust is currently at the Zed Shed in Bournmouth so could be either collected from there for free or Keyser (Chris) is happy to arrange a courier. With the Zed Shed being such a friendly place you can even arrange fitting There are plenty of threads on the forum, this is a top quality exhaust, it is not loud so perfect for an everyday runner Thanks for looking Dave
  18. Does it a motion sensor outside the car? You must get lots of random recording
  19. If I had one with my name on you could have had it
  20. The Zed is getting p/ex'd for an MX-5 probably early next month... she has been such a faithful old girl, never let me down, had some great fun in her and best of all made some of the best friends possible.... but it's time for a change, don't worry I won't be leaving here
  21. They are all clarion I think, Papa took his front speakers out the other day and was shocked at the quality of the Mexican speakers
  22. Rosie looks sad..... She wants to play
  23. Its done 47k one owner full Jag history and yes Porcelain is pretty rare, cheers
×
×
  • Create New...