Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I can see a couple of bananas, unless the cat had seriously large claws !
  2. Depends on the model Ricey ~ there is a 3.2 V6 Quattro petrol version one that I believe the 0-60 time is around the 5.5 second mark. Been looking at an 08/09 TTS 2l which is 5.4 and averages 35mpg (which will be around 30 but still decent)
  3. Talking about the petrol version not the derv
  4. There is always one Will, and it is usually you
  5. Ahhhhh thats interesting, thats one of the models i was looking at!! how much did you pay for it? and hows the performance compared with the oem system? can you post a pickie of it in the car?? Here you go bud, pic of the unit installed, chavtastic background image is optional I paid £465 for the work, not sure how much of that was headunit, adapter for steering controls, fascia panel, iPhone cable and labour - but that was about a year ago now, I bet you could get the headunit on its own for about £250-£300 Performance is hard for me to say as I only had the OEM for about a fortnight before ripping it out, couldn't live with no iPhone connection for my music or lack of bluetooth. Also, shortly after I replaced the headunit I also had the amp, sub, front and rear speakers replaced. So I couldn't say how much was just down to the headunit, but for me to have done the extra work so quickly afterward I can't have been that happy with the sound (the functionality was a massive step up though, I can say that). As a general rule of thumb in audio, your system is only as good as your weakest component, so if you just did the headunit I would expect an improvement, but not massive as the bose amp, sub and speakers will still be holding you back. Also when you spend money on audio you WANT it to sound better so generally you convince yourself it does In terms of the whole setup versus OEM, I can promise you it's night and day, but the Hertz amp and speakers are a huge factor in that. Thanks buddy Great taste in music
  6. Probably because it opens up to reveal the slot for the CD so needs room to open.... My JVC was the same but as I didn't use CDs I mounted it flush and disabled the opening just in case I hit it by accident!
  7. True, they are not like for like
  8. +1. Funny seeing that idiot get what he deserves. Funniest thing I have seen for a while, how the guy recording it managed to carry on without falling off laughing I will never know
  9. On paper as quick as a Zed and with 4wd probably quicker everyday driving to be fair...
  10. 2:44 really made me laugh out loud :lol:
  11. I must admit if I did have to cycle anywhere again (used to when I was at uni) I wouldn't be a ***** that ran red lights and cycled on the pavement, it must really pi$$ of decent cyclists...
  12. I am sure that clerical error will be noticed at some point.... but you should be ok as long as you don't mention it on the Internet or anything silly like that
  13. You will hopefully get to see it next week
  14. It will have a BGP
  15. Cheers Andy, sounds about right as I said we had a Leon 170bhp derv, same VAG engine I believe and that did 50mpg too, I just think we may as well get the petrol one as short journeys may cause issues.... Mary says she likes it because it looks like a Zed
  16. In no particular order.... Red Dwarf The Prisoner Only Fools Father Ted Family Guy Simpsons (first few years) Breaking Bad Young Ones League of Gentlemen Fawlty Towers
  17. Prefer Tanked to Fishtank Kings
  18. Ah cheers fella, yeah pretty much what I said to Mary, no point getting the derv for a few extra mpg as she won't be doing many miles and we have the waftmobile for long runs So with your new autotrader hat on, find me a decent 2l one in red and I will chop in the MX-5
  19. Yes mate, I will be Jaggy no mates but I don't care I will have as much fun as anybody else
  20. They will probably put a huge speed hump in front of the gate so I can't get in anymore Just waiting on the rear discs & pads to arrive tomorrow hopefully.... Don't worry, ..that won't be a problem for the Jag... They can jump!
  21. Missus has her heart set on a new car later this year, she just hasn't fallen in love with the MX-5 which is a shame because I really like it : Anyway after guiding her away from 350's and 370's She was looking at Z4's again but guided her away from those, now she is looking at Audi TT's. Initially she was looking at diesels as I think it has the same 170ps engine our old Leon had but I am persuading her to get a petrol as she won't be doing too many miles and maybe a quattro too which will be nice Anyone had one, I know Ricey had/has the derv but not sure if it is the quattro or not She wants a red one though Not everyones cup of earl grey but a very nice car all the same
  22. They will probably put a huge speed hump in front of the gate so I can't get in anymore Just waiting on the rear discs & pads to arrive tomorrow hopefully....
  23. Had someone do the same to my Jag about a week before I got my cameras fitted Unfortunately looks like a nasty one and not a smart repair type thing
  24. Some more bits arrived Sent from the golf club...
  25. Weird isn't it Pete..... maybe they just don't like women drivers
×
×
  • Create New...