Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. This is pretty much the closest thing you will get from Stevo that resembles a sensible post Had he of changed it to - Don't fit mpss and you crash, downgrade to JDM brakes and you crash, turn esp off you crash. He would of been spot on So do you manage to tick all 3 boxes there I have a 1 in 3 chance of crashing, don't have MPSS Thought you were fitting puny brakes too
  2. Sounds like a reasonable compromise, I'm sure I wouldn't chunkier if I saw you on your bike, aye just point and laugh
  3. This is pretty much the closest thing you will get from Stevo that resembles a sensible post Had he of changed it to - Don't fit mpss and you crash, downgrade to JDM brakes and you crash, turn esp off you crash. He would of been spot on So do you manage to tick all 3 boxes there
  4. Damn! Can someone help me dispose of the evidence :scare:
  5. Seems to be the consensus of opinion
  6. I have never turned the TC on in the MX5 in well over a year....
  7. I do like threads like this, nobody has said if you turn it off you die, just that most seem to prefer driving safely on the roads with it on and not lighting it up like a christmas tree every time they go near the throttle Not saying anyone that routinely turns it off is unsafe, far from it, but no need to make anyone that leaves it on feel like an idiot either
  8. I don't mind seeing a fit woman in lycra shorts but a fat balding office worker :sick: No offence fodder if you are fat, balding, work in an office or would make me feel ill if I saw you wearing lycra Currently I am seeing a lot of groups of cyclists all lycra wearing, obviously not commuting just cluttering up the roads, I normally engage in some friendly banter along the lines of 'the tour de France is that way!' good skill to be able to do the universally recognised hand gesture for a hand shandy and control a cycle at the same time
  9. This you saw thousands of cyclists watching the tour de france full geared up, i dont go to silverstone to watch btcc in flame suit and crash helmet No problem showing a bit of support, like wearing a footy top at the game, but you woukd look a total tool with the shorts, socks & boits on too!
  10. Agree about the lycra, on a country lane fair enough, I mean some of us drive enthusiastically out in the sticks so why can't a cyclist do the same? Cycling in a town or city fully lycra'd up though is as already said really laughable!
  11. I like this one - He is too close behind the car, anticipating it will pull away quickly and the car gets cut up by one of his fellow cyclists, classic
  12. this ! if you can view the link please do if not here is a vague description a cyclist avoiding all cycle lanes riding as fast as possible gets to a t junction a car pull across his path and hes shouts **** off and hits it, but from him noticing the car to hitting it is a good 10-15 Meters yet not once did he go for the brakes he just ploughed into the side if this had been joe public doing 10 mph on there way to work not racing the strada account there wouldn't have been an accident, to me the rider was riding to fast for the conditions with regards to his vehicle a car would have stopped im sure in that time, the cyclist also doesn't even try to swerve just heads straight into the car, first notices it at 0:17 hits its at 0:21 https://www.facebook...<br /><br />i really think some cyclist go out to catch this and have this accident to either a) get compo just another bit of evidence they can wave at motorists Absolutely agree, going way too fast for the conditions and his mode of transport, it was a busy road in the wet not the Tour de France on a closed road
  13. I replaced the 500gb HD in my mini mac with an SSD then fitted another one, TT now
  14. ......and the 240Z, you Wrong'n Dave!
  15. I'm pretty sure it's already got a 500GB SSD mate, it's a Spring 2011 model. I think he means pop another one in, far more useful than a DVD drive...
  16. Lovely combo, love dark blue and cream/ivory leather
  17. Does this work?http://s1078.photobu...4?sort=3&page=1 Not on my iPad but does on my Mac http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Philip_Oldale/library/?sort=3&page=0 ^ that link works on both Are you the Phil that had the VX220 ? Yep, wrote it off in Scotland after 6 months. I use the MR2 for track days and I have to say it's been very reliable, touch wood. Ken/Will were trying to persuade me to get a 350/370z. Maybe I'll have one for the European trip next year Yeah I bet the MR2 was just as much fun to be fair, but maybe not as good as a GT car like a Zed of either flavour
  18. Gigolo or entrepreneur? One or the other or a combination of both. Definitely not the gigolo You are blessed in other ways
  19. Fair play for owning up to that one!
×
×
  • Create New...