-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
Not asking anybody to change theirs, just showing what I've done. lol we know that! I think they suited the black one. Don't know why I'm not taking to them on the nismo
-
Sold to me pending payment Thanks
-
If you can stomach a small drive, Abbey motorsport are in oxted, Surrey. I'm sure they will solve this no problem. Edit, got location wrong
-
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/70910-oem-cats/page__hl__cats Check if this fella still has these. Very good price for condition and mileage
-
I did see some for sale the other day. If i can remember who it was i'll drop u a link
-
Is the vehicle not currently under warranty? I'd be taking it to a specialist tbh and order the parts from a trader on here. You will save yourself a fortune. Where are you located so somebody can recommend an independent specialist?
-
MPSS will still have more grip in the winter than most tyres except specific winter tyres tbh
-
Not feeling that z badge to be honest now. I'll see it in person tomoz. Actually think I prefer the nissan badge
-
You have a pm
-
I was always informed not to use a pressure bleeding system on the 350z
-
I think if you only going to use the car on the roads then theres absolutely zero point and a waste of money. If its a track weapon then I would say go for it. If its road use the likes of bc coilovers will do the trick.
-
The dirt shield generally sounds more like a scraping noise. I'd go back and jack the car up and check the tyres with great care. I'm almost certain it will be a stone in the tyre and you're maybe not spotting it.
-
They are good quality coilovers. How bigs your budget as they are pretty pricey. If its just a stiffer ride to stop body roll get adjustable arb's. These will make a massive difference.
-
Neilp Build thread-- " NOS.... I Need NOS!!! "
Neilp replied to Neilp's topic in Member Build Projects
Haven't updated this in a while down to time and other commitments. Now the car has had a little bit of more work done to it I will need to get back this back upto date. The car now stands as follows. Engine Nismo-R intake Nismo Injectors Thermal Plenum Spacer Throttle body, hot water by-pass. N.E 100 shot of nos Performance gold K&N oil filter Fuchs Titan Race pro s 5w30 ester synthetic oil Electronics Haltech Platinum Pro ECU N.E Maximiser Progressive controller Exhaust Japspeed Decats Buddlyclub Pro Spec III Debunged Handling/Braking/Chassis KW V3 Shocks/Springs Eibach Adjustable ARB's With Superpro bushes Powergrid adjustable droplinks SPC Camber arms and bolts. Banana arms fitted with castor adjustable superpro inner bushes. Full wheel alignment set up by AME and reset by our local specialist to AME settings after bush installation with extra castor adjustment. Custom strut brace to stop plenum vibrating against it from spacer and stop contact with bonnet. Performance friction dimple 2 piece rotors. EBC Yellowstuff pads, bluestuff for harsh track use. Motul RBF 660 Brake/Clutch fluid. Interior Cusco 7 point roll cage recoated in Nismo Red Recaro seats, Custom mounts Spare wheel removed Some kind of JVC touch screen headunit (not great but its ok for what I need, can't hear anything from engine/exhaust noise) Exterior Factory fitted Nismo Bodykit Nismo Race livery Nismo LMGT4's Rays 18" OEM with Toyo R888's for track LED sidelights and numberplate lights. Still waiting to go on- Carbon hatch and high level wing, I will then be purchasing carbon doors and cross braces for my cage to protect in the event of an accident on track. Still having minor issues with the nitrous picking up engine speed which should be rectified soon by the help of keyser but as she stands, even without the nitrous the car is quick enough and handles like she is on rails. Seriously impressed with cornering ability and cannot wait to see she goes with the lightened boot and huge wing. Serious potential IMO! Currently the car just touched 34,000 miles has just received its 7th MOT with zero issues whatsover What have I learned over the last few years? Don't chase power! The 350z is a quick car. Its not the fastest but with some serious suspension changes the car can be so much quicker round a circuit. I used to think I needed nos but then I realised I just wanted it. I have used the nos quite a few times now and it does make a huge difference to the car but even on track without it I have some serious fun with some much higher spec cars. Budget double over your original budget as you will need it. I have been doing most of the work on my car myself recently thanks to the purchase of a decent tool kit. This was my biggest problem before. Finding the correct tool for the job. Most things on this car just bolt and unbolt. If you have the correct tools you can do most of the jobs. SO! Go buy a decent tool set! Spend some big money and it will pay itself back very quickly in terms of cash but more in satisfaction of doing the work yourself. I will update with pictures soon. Cheers PS There is more stuff I have missed but its too early in the morning and I had too much beer last night. -
It's no problem mate. It comes from the top. There is two retaining clips at the too. It might hit the a/c pipes so push them gently over a little so as not to damage them. U will need underneath the car to disconnect all the wiring.
-
How to - Repair/fix your cooling fan motors (YouTube vid)
Neilp replied to Beau's topic in 350Z Guides
No need to start posting on two threads mate. You will get all ur answers on the one u started. It will start to get confusing. -
Carbon wrap on the bonnet doesn't look good. It's doesn't reflect the same and will get chipped to piece with stones
-
Both mines run as soon as I put it on. I refurbed mines a few weeks ago. You don't have to remove the radiator. U need to clamp the top radiator hose and remove it. You'll then need a rubber glove or rubber stop to block the top of the radiator. It's a bit tricky but it's nothing too difficult. Best have a helper with you though.
-
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69810-diy-guide-repairingfixing-your-cooling-fan-motors/#entry1040907 Mods, can someone please relocate this thread to the guides section as it is excellent
-
its an easy fix mate. Best to just repair both. Took me about 2 hours including workingout how to do it. Great guide on here for it. A/C should be on cold mate.
-
If u turn the a/c on both should kick in
-
Yeah try a throttle body reset actually. Never thought about that
-
Don't think so mate. Depending what system u have it sometimes shows pending codes. I don't think it will show a eml for the maf playing up either. Is there anybody close that u could borrow a sensor from to test it out?
-
Maf sensor maybe?
-
its because myself and George both have real men jobs. We're not all posh dentists!