-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
Internal loom needs changed also. What happened to your hr engine which has rendered it unrepairable?
-
She doesnt look like much of a virgin to me. I see someone has tampered with her tail.... lights very shiney though
-
ooft, thats what I call a slam dunk wow very nice. Shame the zeds paint will fall off before you get it that shiney lol
-
Yep mines has been like that since day 1. If sitting in standstill traffic I notice it alot. I think alot of the noise comes from the diff, driveshafts, propshafts etc. I think its just all losely put together and this then echo's into the gearbox. Mines makes a whining noise also when in first and I left off. Its not overly loud, just like an electric motor slowing down. I took mines back to nissan to try and get a new box but they told me to ram it When I put new fluid in the diff and gearbox along with molyslip it quietened it a little but i think the dual mass fly makes alot of noise which will add to all the clangs and clutters. I honestly wouldnt worry to much about it, even though it is embarrassing. The noise has made me kangaroo a few times try to make it quieter lol. Might try molyslip see what that does...no noise at all whilst engine is idling, just when i lift off throttle and car kangaroos of its own accord and with each hop you hear two pieces of metal clanging together. Also get the noise when playing on the biting point and engaging the gears. The dual mass is designed to absorb the shock from the drivetrain and gearbox etc thats why it makes noise i'm sure
-
My car is actually dirty in this picture compared to its usual condition but this worked lol image quality is reduced on this and looks not so good shrunk lol to meet forum requirements
-
Yep mines has been like that since day 1. If sitting in standstill traffic I notice it alot. I think alot of the noise comes from the diff, driveshafts, propshafts etc. I think its just all losely put together and this then echo's into the gearbox. Mines makes a whining noise also when in first and I left off. Its not overly loud, just like an electric motor slowing down. I took mines back to nissan to try and get a new box but they told me to ram it When I put new fluid in the diff and gearbox along with molyslip it quietened it a little but i think the dual mass fly makes alot of noise which will add to all the clangs and clutters. I honestly wouldnt worry to much about it, even though it is embarrassing. The noise has made me kangaroo a few times try to make it quieter lol.
-
Theres also a lack of strut brace and engine cover?
-
The sound you describe is the exact same sound as I get. It sounds embarrassing especially in populated areas where people are admiring the car. My car has 20 odd k on the clock
-
Looking forward to seeing it on your car Cragus Nah I've done the front bumper - sticker up next! Is it wrong that I really like this? Dont try and make a 350z look like a gtr please
-
My gearbox has web noisey as hell since day one. Add molyslip and new fluid. Remember alex is running well over 600hp on a standard box with no issues. I imagine the gearboxes are very hard to break unless giving them severe abuse with bad changes etc
-
Hahahaha that's you had it now Davy! The boss has spoken
-
Lol I'm not sure when I'm getting it back lol. Getting more and more stuff adde onto it. To be fair I told them to aim or feb as it gives me time to sort out cash as it goes and get everything done at once while it's there. Can't wait to feel the boost. Time the fat bitch learned to dance haha
-
What did it make at the hubs? 335 @ fly would be very noticeable I'm afraid. Greekman made 340 on his hr and it will now spank m3's and porkers for fun.
-
We hongry Can always count on my two bro's to bring comical value to the convo lol. Ian it was to do with the afr ratio when the nitrous pressure was dropping I read. Not directly safety bit more efficiency How's your car going? All teething problems solved?
-
My pockets are now empty from my installation. I'm going to be running 100hp but to do so with safety in mind I have installed a standalone ems to make sure nothing goes boom. It will be controlling and monitoring afr, bottles heaters and safety devices. Don't expect it to be as cheap as they first quoted you. A bottle heater is a major part in the safe operation of the nos also. After much research the temperature/pressure seems to have a major effect on the nitrous boost. I'll be updating my thread as it progresses.
-
Hmm...I'll have to do some research. Thanks for the heads up though, much appreciated What made you facelift your Zed and what did you change? She put the facelift bumper on it as she liked the shape better
-
Might be a good idea to post it up then and make it "available"? It'd be a good selling point if its making good power. I couldn't agree more. Please post up. Genuinely not trying to rubbish your for sale thread mate. If it made 335 @ fly you will have one of the most powerful n/a de cars on the forum which will make it much more desirable. What did it make at the hubs? Edit: iPhone typo repair
-
wise choice. Pm Zmanalex and see if he can get good replica's. He used to get great nismo spoiler replica's. Unsure about bumpers. There was a group buy put up by adam at z1 auto in the states for the aerosync front bumper which is almost exactly like the nismo but flex's
-
depends on offsets, width, do you have brembo's or not. What make of wheel are they ?
-
Pies, lovely lovely pies, pie appreciation thread
Neilp replied to Willy P's topic in Off Topic Discussion
any new updates for us ? -
Welcome mate. Irfans zed is a fine example of a zed if your looking for one
-
It won't. I'm planning some N/A mods in the near future and expect almost nothing in terms of dyno gains. What it will do though (according to the guys who've done it) is make the car feel much better to drive. DB yeah, it becomes more responsive and much smoother torque etc. Increase torque at lower end etc. Nothing that major that makes you go, "wow it feels so different!" i'm afraid
-
the best advice i can give is to sell the zed and buy something with a turbo then. You can spend thousands on the the car, I reckon 1k to even reach around factory quoted figures i'm afraid mate. I spent mega bucks and made hardly anything. If I could go back now I would save my cash up and go for a tt set up once I had enough. Works out alot better hp/£ ratio I want an NA car and am aware of the pitfalls of NA versus FI. Don't get me wrong. If 1k gets me even 20-30 BHP I'd be very happy with those returns. What I don't want to do though is spend 300 quid on induction to gain say 3bhp! you wont gain 20-30bhp, I've spent a few k and made 305.5 at the fly, the car standard should have had 297. Someone on here done 350ish on an n/a car and cost megabucks. Probs more than to turbo. What year of zed do you have. Search the dyno results thread for an idea. Most 276bhp cars rarely make 300bhp with uprev(around 400quid), HFC's (350ish-400), exhaust (upto 1k+), CAI (250+). Theres is plenty of reading on the dyno thread for it