Jump to content

andlid

Members
  • Posts

    7,461
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andlid

  1. It would probably need to be, some setup that you can use your road car yet modified to use on track also. Don't know many people that can justify having a z not also used on the road.
  2. just as an FYI I used to track on my bike, hoping to get together with a mate and do full tracking next year with a decent pure trackbike. Using the bike for commuting now so don't want to bin it, and you do on track... in the biking community it's not IF you'll bin it... it's WHEN
  3. 3 photos of you hanging off and all on different bikes Funny that my 350Z doesn't have the 98 sticker inside it's fuel cap... also funny that you CANNOT get that stuff over in Ireland, best bet is E10. (10% Ethanol mix). I don't believe for a second that Nissan Ireland took in a car that the country don't have petrol for. My current car with APS TT and Forged engine is TUNED for 95 so I'm happy enough now Maybe just get the cars tuned with Uprev for 95 and be done with it. take it back on the lean angle on the avatar pic, my misstake should know better
  4. Dont think they're looking at a starter cost of 15-20k that wouldn't be doable IMO.
  5. ex stuck sugar in both of them...
  6. get that petrol checked... do you know someone having a test kit?
  7. that's mad... you're avatar with knee down doesn't help me thinking that you must have been giving the car abit of stick from time to time The engine shouldn't blow though! Don't think petrol is the cause but sure what do I know. Do you fill the car up at the same place? What oil are you using, and do you change oil filter when you swap the oil out? I've never heard of engines blowing like described for Z's until now! I'll keep an eye out for an engine, but if you can't source one via Mark or R35LEE, well... Is there any chance of your old engine and your brothers old one able to be repaired? (like bits from both engines plus new parts) Can I also ask how you drive it? (I've heard these don't like to be reved like an inline four )
  8. Do you have this posted elsewhere? Madness it's not gone yet... if I still hadn't done my TT conversion I'd snap this off you!
  9. sounds like a great idea, shame that my car is now well out of the league of 'cheap' modifcations to take part. Oh and in the wrong country For sure the Z needs to go on a diet...
  10. you need to look pretty hard to spot my tt's in my engine bay
  11. Read in the report from somewhere that it was rented vette from Sweden, I did read that blog, terrible reading that they stuffed so much monies into the wrong areas on that place... The Ring has to be done at least once in a lifetime, simples. Might get a cage going in over winter when I won't be driving it anyway. Now need to get NoS and more boost too... darn keyser.
  12. so the V2 was sold as nismo in england for these years or did they just not sell the nismo V3 (or any other nismo's?)
  13. ... this means next year will be another expensive year for me to keep you behind me
  14. In my mind a Nismo looks like below... anything else is afterfitted. We are talking about 2007-2008? (and not some R tune from 2004?)
  15. Good writeup, makes me think that I might stick a cage in my car before going down there next year. The video show's just how crazy the road workers are there. Is there anywhere you can see where they're 'works' on the track? Like a sign or something at start/finish? So if the vette hit the porsche and then got slammed from the rear he's in serious trouble re the first one... rented car and all.
  16. ...after math of that...
  17. Anyone know the outcome of this?
  18. IS it only me thinking it's not actually the nismo kit on that car?
  19. Its only got a primer...
  20. andlid

    Engine Blown

  21. andlid

    Engine Blown

    would be interested to see the damage of the engine and what possible cause would be, reading that you might need a new gearbox also Id fix it up if you plan on keeping the car for a while since you do a long enough commute. Fix to sell, I wouldnt even dream going down that route. Did that on a SV650S and ended up just coming a bit short of what it cost to get a new engine and fit it... Unless it was a high ticket item such as a newer Z or something else worth more in the end.
  22. Think Ill just fly mine over for my next project phase park it up there and let chris loose!
  23. when it was running the voltage was as normal over middle somewhere. (never took note of that really before I had problem) Im wondering if there is some light leaking somewhere, even a short of some sort. Will find out in the next few days. Surely there wouldnt be anything pulling more then 10amp while the car is turned off? Dont want to burn the new multimeter once I get it
×
×
  • Create New...