2015 Budget Road Tax VED

370Ad

What I like best about the new VED bands is that it screws those choosing to buy low emission vehicles far more than it does those that choose to run polluting cars. Their rate goes up, ours actually comes down! :D

• Like 1

am i reading this right all road tax will be the same if i have a mustang or a fiesta?

In year two as their prices currently stand yes :lol:

well i like the idea now just to save to buy a 2017 mustang in 2018 and im on to a winner

• Like 1

So in 2017 what will 350/370 owners be paying? (Currently 370 coupes are one group lower than 350s)

And presumably this will mean all ZEDs will atract th same tax - i.e the pre March 2006 lower rates/post March 2006 higher rates are abolished?

Ah, so a 370 bought new in 2017 in year two will be £140, providing the price is under £40k.

That's going to make all existing ZED owners and particularly those who bought between March 2006 and 2017 feel a bit miffed and makes me wonder if they might be subjected to further tax price hikes :dry: Hope I am wrong :surrender:

'

Bet new cars sales will drop off in 2016, particularly for those in the £40k - £45k range while buyers wait to see if the 2017 prices will be 'adjusted' to get under £40k.........

• Like 1

so now 13 classes of tax dropped moving emphasis off clean vehicles as Gov realise too many new vehicles are taking this up (similar to their Diesel plot)

New petrol and hybrid cars to be c £140 ish - I just entered the 07 350 into new calcularor and it came back with £505 ! - Are they stealing from all directions again? - New 'living wage - fantastic breakthrough'....dont get me started....

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all '06> cars £500 a year anyway, I see most ads stating this. They claim the <'06 is more desirable because it's only £285 a year for tax. Either way I don't see how it's fair. A "small" 3.5 v6 churning circa 300 bhp is gonna cost the same to tax as a 600+ BHP Lambo/Ferrari etc. Bullshit IMO

Anyone running a performance car who gives even the slightest care about the relative cost VED is missing the point entirely :lol:

£500, £310, £140, makes no difference at all over the course of a year, especially now you can pay it off monthly.

I think that now it's linked into this road fund, for the first time in 80 odd years, VED is now a proper 'road tax' - hence there should be no reason why higher polluting cars should pay more. You are paying for the use of the road and the wear caused.

No doubt fuel duty might go up in a year or 2, but I'd welcome that - a smal charge for use of the roads and then the emissions is covered in the fuel usage.

• Like 1

....those that can afford a new car will pay less than someone with a £5k Nissan then?

depends they could get lumped with a £2000 first year

Well yes in theory he is right. Year 2 at the 70's current RRP will be £140 a year. Bargain.