Any coders/programmers/keyboard wizards on here?

Masa

That's a shame man! What languages? Thankfully my job means I get to spend a lot of time learning new languages and usually end up with a lot of time to just go crazy and see what I can accomplish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Python, Java, c++ but more recently Javascript.

Really enjoyed coding, it was like going into work to solve logical puzzles everyday. Now most of my time is spent running teams but I get to play with code now and again.

Nice to see some others who enjoy coding! Been trying to come up with some ideas for collaborative coding if any of you fancy it? Either a bit of fun and do something funny for the club or could actually make something useful?

I am :-). Much in the same boat as Will though, I got promoted recently thus finding less time to code at work. Still have little projects I work on at home though. I'd be up for some collab - what do you have in mind?

My background is mainly C#/.NET (Websites, backend and desktop apps (WPF/Windows Store Apps(Phone & Desktop)). However I do some front end stuff too (HTML/CSS/JS/Angular/Knockout).

Cheers,

Adrian

Edited by AdrianL

I'm not incredibly proficient in any one language but thankfully have a decent knowledge of most common langurs (C, Python, Java, HTML, PHP, SQL, etc)

If anyone has an idea for a collab project please suggest it here! Could be a web/desktop application that has some useful features for forum members or it could even be a competition of sorts! I guess the mindset for any project would have to be "how can we do this our own way" rather than "how do we do something that hasn't been done before"

I've done Pascal, FORTRAN, COBOL, APL, Lisp, PROLOG, OCCAM, Basic in a number of forms, C, C++ and my language of choice: Smalltalk. All now pretty much obsolete, but it does mean that I can pick up any new languages pretty quickly. I "learned" Python in a day for a quick project. I've just downloaded Unity to have a play with when I get time, which is almost never, but it looks fun.

I was an RPG developer on the IBM iSeries, but progressed into consultancy about 5 years ago. I have dabbled in lots of other languages though.

I still use a lot of SQL to do my job though, and still end up debugging our applications about once a week (it's quicker than getting one of the programmers to do it).

I'm not incredibly proficient in any one language but thankfully have a decent knowledge of most common langurs (C, Python, Java, HTML, PHP, SQL, etc)

If anyone has an idea for a collab project please suggest it here! Could be a web/desktop application that has some useful features for forum members or it could even be a competition of sorts! I guess the mindset for any project would have to be "how can we do this our own way" rather than "how do we do something that hasn't been done before"

Collab would make sense for something productive - though a competition may be fun :D