New (ish) Owner

Hey, so just a quick introduction!

I have a 350z at the moment I guess I am a new owner as I have only had it for 7-8 months. Been a follower of the forum for a year or more though but delayed my new member post until I had the car for over 6 months because I normally change cars every 3 months and swapping from forum to forum was getting old ;)

Been loving the 350z not much faster than my old cars but my first rear wheel drive. To be fair, it does not feel fast at all and I often worry that a diesel could embarass me until I get over 4k rpm!

Anyway, my car history:

I had a fiat punto for about 2 months as my first car

Went onto an Audi TT 3.2l Mk1. It was an INCREDIBLY fast car due to the quattro system and it delivered power so smoothly it certainly felt a faster car even though on paper I know it isn't. Exhaust was louder but not as sporty. Ultimately sold this because there was always the niggling thought that the DSG gearbox was going to explode and write off the car (since it cost a few thousand to replace and that was ALWAYS happening on forums) Had it for about a year.

Went into an Audi A5 2.0tfsi front wheel drive. Awful awful oil consumption issues. 1l every 200 miles or so. Nice car but inherently flawed. Sold it after 3 months

Bought another Audi TT this time a 2.0tfsi Mk2 front wheel drive again. Liked this car but I should have forked out for AWD. It was fast, very fast and apparently when you remap them they become unbelievable. I think I had this 6 months but it may have been a bit less. It was so ecoomical but I missed the V6 so I ended up going back into one in the form of a 350z.

So far on the 350z all I have done is replace the brakes with black diamond front and back discs and pads.

Little thing I dislike is the wind noise. I also need to either buy new alloys or refurb the ones I have. It is GT pack but alas no rays unfortunately. Also needs a front bumper respray as the old owner must have had a thing for driving into high curbs.

Despite my new pads I still ger a slight squeak from the brakes now and then, is that normal?

Car below:

post-19601-0-81461800-1435878264_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I'm no expert, but some pads have more metal in than others. Maybe try a different brand like EBC or Ferrodo. I've used both of those and didn't get any squeaks :)

**Using nothing but the power of my mind I shall move this thread to the introductions section**

Edited by Steel Lynx
  • Like 1

I've owned a mk1 225 Audi TT and a mk2 3.2 (bought new) both the worst most unreliable cars I've ever owned and had the 350 coming up 5 years and it's the best I've owned, shows we all like different things.

Try a load of copper grease on the back of the pads or maybe the shims are missing.

Welcome along :)

Edited by ZEUS