recommendations for suspension

andybp

My suspension is pretty soggy and one of the front shocks is leaking i'd like to keep the standard level of ride comfort maybe go 1/2" lower any recommendations bearing in mind i live in the county of speed bumps and pot holes :) i like the idea of coilovers but all of the ones i've had on cars in the past have been too hard ?

BC's or HSD's get my vote. Can change the dampeners to soft/hard etc, easy enough to keep it OEM with the ability to lower it to what you like :)

Give Tarmac a shout for BC's

Or check out Driftworks for HSD - http://www.driftworks.com/hsd-coilovers-nissan-300zx-and-350z-z32-z33.html

Absolute bargain to be fair. Had I not got the deal I got on BC's, I would of opted for the HSD's.

I've got MeisterR Zeta-S coil overs in combination with Eibach ARBs - just right aka works for me Andy, even on our rubbish roads in Bucks :thumbs:

My point of reference for the subjective hard/too hard/too soft is based on previously fully oem JDM suspension, then upgraded with ARBs, then upgraded with Zeta-S. I found ARBs alone in combination with old JDM wasn't particularly pleasant - got the big benefit of the ARBs but made it seem harsh and crashy. New Zeta-S cured that. Some say JDM is damped slightly differently to UK though.

For normal/commuting usage, my Zeta-S dampers are set to about 14 out of 32 (less than half stiffness).

I've got MeisterR Zeta-S coil overs in combination with Eibach ARBs - just right aka works for me Andy, even on our rubbish roads in Bucks :thumbs:

My point of reference for the subjective hard/too hard/too soft is based on previously fully oem JDM suspension, then upgraded with ARBs, then upgraded with Zeta-S. I found ARBs alone in combination with old JDM wasn't particularly pleasant - got the big benefit of the ARBs but made it seem harsh and crashy. New Zeta-S cured that. Some say JDM is damped slightly differently to UK though.

For normal/commuting usage, my Zeta-S dampers are set to about 14 out of 32 (less than half stiffness).

Same set up.

It,s a nice comfy ride on our crap roads with loads of adjustment there when you want it.

if you dont want a crashy ride you need to go for a company like KW

dont get me wrong HSD Meister and BC are ok coilovers but don't come close to KW for ride comfort in my experience

I'm just about to pull the pin on the Meister R GT-1, having read ALL the reviews by all accounts a pretty decent bit of kit.