Confused with different 350z engines

MattRwebB

Ive seen a 313 HR with the 2 air intakes and i know that is the one to go for and the HR's have the bonnet bump ...

But I've seen a Radstar for sale and that says its a roadster 300 ... not sure if thats a dual air intake or not but with a different map? it has the bump on the bonnet that HR's have :wacko:

Help as i may be buying tomorrow

also does this sound right ? do the 350z still chadder from the conversion ?

"ja574352Flywheel Chatter due to changing from Standard Dual Mass to a Performance Single Mass but theres no problem or fault, just doenst damp out the sound of the flywheel"

also does this sound right ? do the 350z still chadder from the conversion ?

"ja574352Flywheel Chatter due to changing from Standard Dual Mass to a Performance Single Mass but theres no problem or fault, just doenst damp out the sound of the flywheel"

Yep some extra noise is to be expected when changing the flywheel from the OEM dual mass to a single mass. ;)

• 2003-4 VQ35DE engine 276bhp Single intake
  • Late 2005-6 VQ35DE RevUp engine 300bhp Single intake
  • 2007-9 VQ35HR engine 308bhp Dual intakes

The only zed with dual intakes is the HR. You'll have to lift the bonnet to check this out.

Don't rely on the bonnet bulge as some have already fitted this to earlier models as veilside has already said.

You will get some "chatter" with a single mass flywheel fitted but this is normal.

Edited by 350zedd

Hmmm this is interesting mine was registered in uk April 2006 but after research on the vin no it was built in 2005 so how do I tell if it's an uprev? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm this is interesting mine was registered in uk April 2006 but after research on the vin no it was built in 2005 so how do I tell if it's an uprev? Thanks!

Looking at the pictures from this thread, yours is a pre-face lift (the centre console is different pre & post, as are the front bumper and headlights) so it won't be a Rev-Up (the UpRev is a remap, the only way you can tell if it's been remapped is to read the ECU assuming you have no receipts for that being done).

• Like 1

Both exhaust and intake cam gears stick out at the front of the block, non-rev up only has one sticking out.

Rev-up=

5-28-2008MyNewVQ35DE005.jpg Non-rev up

IMG_2325.jpg

Bigger hmmmmm! Any way of telling without stripping her down? 😎

FTFY and an uprev has the revised front bumper

• Like 1

Looking at the pictures from this thread, yours is a pre-face lift (the centre console is different pre & post, as are the front bumper and headlights) so it won't be a Rev-Up (the UpRev is a remap, the only way you can tell if it's been remapped is to read the ECU assuming you have no receipts for that being done).

You guys are just brilliant! Thank you!

Alize Re: Is it a RevUp or not?

The Simple way to check is just by looking at the Rev counter. If it's got the redline at 6,500rpm then it's the DE,

maxresdefault.jpg

....if it's redline is at 7,000rpm then it's an RevUp DE,

0.jpg

...if it's got a redline at 7,500rpm then it's the HR.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Alize Re: Is it a RevUp or not?

The Simple way to check is just by looking at the Rev counter. If it's got the redline at 6,500rpm then it's the DE,

maxresdefault.jpg

....if it's redline is at 7,000rpm then it's an RevUp DE,

0.jpg

...if it's got a redline at 7,500rpm then it's the HR.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh you are the wise one aren't you GM. Yep defo know without looking especially that red line is on 6500rpm many thanks oh wise one 😇

• Like 1

thanks I'm going to get this i think tomoz ill post the link tell me what too look out for in general and its a Cat C as well so what to look out for there too

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item25a7c99af1

IMO you could get a HR that isnt a cat C for only 1k more. I have always been told to work on the basis of paying 40% less than its true value for a cat C and 20% for a cat D.