iPad Lockout

ioneabee

A friend of mine who has a son (downs syndrome boy) has incorrectly entered his password onto an ipad too many times and its locked out - WITHOUT losing his games and scores etc is there any way of recovering it

Take it the nearest Apple shop and the guys on the bar will assist - my daughter locked herself out of an iPod touch for centuries

If he plugs it into iTunes and tries to sync, you may find you get a password prompt on screen. As he's not forgotten the passcode, if it is triggered it might be a way in.

If sync doesn't work, hit the manual backup instead and see if that does it.

Edited by SuperStu

I'm guessing proof of purchase is required to prove you haven't stolen or bought it on the black market.

Can't help with any advice other than stated but hope he's sorted out soon, the folks with Downs I've had the pleasure of meeting are real characters with a great sense of humour etc but little patience so I hope he's able to get his data back. Get his dad to make regular backups in future. You can even configure to sync over wifi if it helps with his situation.

Good luck :)

• Like 2

Why would you need proof of purchase for that? It's user error, not broken.

This is another good reason not to let kids play with expensive gadgets :lol:

As stated above, if you didnt need proof of purchase you could steal all the ipads walk in to apple and get them to unlock it, common sense really :p

My daughter did this a few months ago. I followed a tutorial on youtube and got it back up and running. Can't remember the exact details, but it did involve a restore and a reinstall from backup from itunes. All purchases are logged, so you can redownload anything that you've paid for. The whole process took less than two hours, IIRC.