AIR BAG LIGHT FLASHING

zebedy

Just noticed this yesterday. I've gone onto the re-set thread, but the post that Buster has done showing the link, the link for what ever reason is not showing up on my works pc.(is it a youtube vid?) Can someone cut and paste it here for me or pm me to see if I can see the link

thanks

Zeb

Before you reset the light, perhaps you should find out why it's flashing.

mine is flashing because the bulb got bored of only saying hello during ignition.

hes had his time in the lime light. its now time for me to turn him off, the social sod.

a solid airbag light is a problem.

Take everything out from under your seats. If there's a lot of stuff that's rolled under your seats it'll set it off sometimes. I reset mine twice without clearing out underneath and both times it came back on after a while.

Last time I cleared under the seat then reset and it's stayed off.

Before you reset the light, perhaps you should find out why it's flashing.

mine is flashing because the bulb got bored of only saying hello during ignition.

hes had his time in the lime light. its now time for me to turn him off, the social sod.

a solid airbag light is a problem.

Brilliant reply, but wrong. Both the steady and flashing lights indicate problems, just with different levels of severity. Check the service manual for diagnosis procedures.

i dont doubt that.

but if a flash is resolvable by reset, then i will only be bothered if A: it becomes solid (which indicates a loss of connectivity to the airbag, im told) or B: if the flashing light is re-occuring.

its my typical Microsoftsynrome - first diagnostic is to restart! Then smile when its fixed with no idea what the problem was or how to prevent it reoccuring.

:)

I like many had this problem when I first bought my car, like most there was no reason for it. After a couple of attempts and getting no further I took it to my independent Nissan guy that learnt his trade through the company. His reply was that the connection block below the seats needed to be hard wired it is a very common problem with the Z. Never had a problem in the past 4 years with the light.

Nothing at all under my seats. Just started flashing for no reason. Oh well call it a querk on the car. Lol cheers guys for the link.

Same issue with me. Absolutely nothing changed (I hadnt even adjusted the seats) and underneath of both were clear. I simply got the car out of the garage and it started blinking, when i put it in the garage it was fine.

The youtube video worked for me and it hasnt come back on now almost a week later.

Edited by Sargara

Nothing at all under my seats. Just started flashing for no reason. Oh well call it a querk on the car. Lol cheers guys for the link.

Same issue with me. Absolutely nothing changed (I hadnt even adjusted the seats) and underneath both were clear. I simple got the car out of the garage and it started blinking, when i put it in the garage it was fine.

The youtube video worked for me and it hasnt come back on now almost a week later.

I'm assuming you don't literally mean nothing under the seat you have the following? This shows the hard wiring I mentioned.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72592-passenger-under-seat-airbag-connections/

I had to zip tie the cables under the passenger seat on my old Zed as adjusting the seat regularly triggered the warning light. Once the cables were secured using zip ties the problem never reoccurred.

Edited by HassanZ

just fixed mine :)

side note - the first attempt it didnt work. arfet the 4 repeates and engine start, the light still flashed - but at a different freqency. it was on for about 2 secs, off for 2 secs, etc.

2nd attempt, cleared it :thumbs:

This happened to me when the mot tester started up the car, first time it ever happened and what a time for it to do so.

Turns out he had moved back the seat but tried the usual "grab the bar between your legs" and grabbed a bunch of wires. We turned off the car, pinched all the clips together and he reset them and away it went.

May be worth just checking under the seat to check that all are connected properly

My airbag light was due to a faulty hairspring in the steering wheel :)

I had the same a couple months ago.

Garage sourced a 2nd hand one on ebay for £60.

Exactly, my tacit point - If you have checked the underseat connections and the problem persists then this is a likely source of the problem. :)

This happened to me when the mot tester started up the car, first time it ever happened and what a time for it to do so.

Turns out he had moved back the seat but tried the usual "grab the bar between your legs" and grabbed a bunch of wires. We turned off the car, pinched all the clips together and he reset them and away it went.

May be worth just checking under the seat to check that all are connected properly

Just has this happen to my car. The day after MOT too. Just checked all the under seat connections and cleared the codes, which has sorted it for now.

My guess is the same as yours, but we'll see.

Honestly - despite how basic my fix sounds - try it. The seats wiring is proper grumpy if under your chairs is full of crap like mine was.

Empty under the seats then reset the airbag by turning on the ignition to just before start, then when the airbag light goes off turn the key all the way toward you. Repeat 5 times and your airbag is reset.