My first forray into Landlordship

ioneabee

well - just bought a new house (for rental) - bang goes the plans to change the zed now

here's hoping it all goes smoothly

anyone looking for rental in Pembrokeshire ? :thumbs:

• Like 1

Tuesday night - yes !!

Guess that is not really what you are meaning though !!

Good Luck hope it all goes well.

I have rented a room in my house for years, only stopping about 2 years ago.

On the whole worked well, but completly different to renting a house obviously

Good luck pal, we just sold our rental flat in London as wanted to free up some funds, we were very lucky in that we got a polish couple move in who stayed there for 7 years! They even replaced the old carpet with premium wood flooring FOC for us and insulated the loft!

• Like 1

I assume its not for holiday lets though?

If it was on the coast, my daughters would have been interested, as they often go walking on the coastal path.

Best of luck with it anyway :)

• Like 1

I assume its not for holiday lets though?

If it was on the coast, my daughters would have been interested, as they often go walking on the coastal path.

Best of luck with it anyway :)

Pentlepoir - within 2 miles of both Saundersfoot and Tenby

intention is long let innitially (unless it doesn't let straight away) - otherwise it would have to be holiday lets

I'll let them know....(they're out on Cardigan Bay at the mo in a 400hp inflatable :scare: )

You would make a killing there in the summer although it would be seasonal, and you'd have to furnish and clean it every week.

Good spot for easy access to the beaches though......nice!

• Like 1

Remember and register with your local council and also take out Landlord's Insurance.

Electrical and Gas certificates are also required.

Vet your potential tenants carefully and lodge there deposit with the appropriate authority.

Solicitors tend to recommend a 6 month lease, however I have a tenant on a 5 year lease, but this may not suit every one.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

why register with the local council ?

I am not conversant with the legislation in England but in Scotland a landlord has to register with there local council which costs £65.00.

It is basically to appertain if you are a fit and proper person to be a Landlord.

Remember and register with your local council and also take out Landlord's Insurance.

Electrical and Gas certificates are also required.

Vet your potential tenants carefully and lodge there deposit with the appropriate authority.

Solicitors tend to recommend a 6 month lease, however I have a tenant on a 5 year lease, but this may not suit every one.

Alex. :)

You don't need to register with LA down he bud.

Electrical certificates not mandatory either. Gas is though.

Anything over a 3 year tenancy has to be drawn up by deed I think and mortgage lenders usually stipulate it has to be a 6-12 month ast

• Like 1

My other half has been renting her flat in New Malden out for the last eight years - it's been a largely positive experience - only one slightly dodgy tenant who she quickly got shot of. She uses a local management company who take care of most of the practical stuff and they've been quite good at finding new tenants when the existing ones leave. i think she pays them about ten percent.

• Like 1

I am not conversant with the legislation in England but in Scotland a landlord has to register with there local council which costs £65.00.

It is basically to appertain if you are a fit and proper person to be a Landlord.

That's the end of that plan then! ;)
  • Like 1

That's the end of that plan then! ;)

:p