Life lesson: Never let your friends drive your car

wmr1980

Feel for you mate, let a friend drive mine and he got a bit cocky and lost it. Luckily it was in an open car park and from this day forward no one gets near the drivers seat.

Shame you weren't so lucky, but the main thing is you walked out of that unharmed, and you've got a top mate and wife to see you through it.

Not only that, looking at the spirit of the forums in the previous posts, makes it a pleasure to be part of this community

Edited by Mikey Thompson
  • Like 1

Glad you are both OK.

I can't imagine how you are all feeling right now.

Despite it only being a car which can be repaired and/or replaced - its devasting none the less.

I understand that numbness feeling. !!! ;) It's not good.

Hope it all gets sorted smoothly and quickly for you.

I'd would have let rip on him, really pummeled him into the ground, it's probably the only chance you had as he would have forgiven you.

Plus then you'd always be the alpha.

All that BS aside, hope you get sorted soon!

• Like 1

Gutted for you man, really am - the damage looks not dissimilar to my one and that was a write off, as Wasso says you could get it fixed without too much hass though :)

However, Im not sure I agree with the "dont let your mates drive your cars" thing, Ive borrowed plenty of mates cars on the road and on track and let guys borrow mine too, sure its a risk but Id hope that as I do, my mates keep a bit in hand as its someone elses car. You have to be going some to make a 350 slide off the road, a lot of people on here would argue that you shouldnt be pushing that hard on the road at all, never mind in an unfamiliar car.

And Im not going to ask the question, but if he was uninsured then Id just be glad he didnt hit something softer and more alive ;)

OMG! Feel for you all! As said brilliant attitude....life's lessons are often expensive!

Keep smiling😇 love your concern for your wife too😠good man! 😎

Lotsa work for you to do now tho😰

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutted for you man, really am - the damage looks not dissimilar to my one and that was a write off, as Wasso says you could get it fixed without too much hass though :)

However, Im not sure I agree with the "dont let your mates drive your cars" thing, Ive borrowed plenty of mates cars on the road and on track and let guys borrow mine too, sure its a risk but Id hope that as I do, my mates keep a bit in hand as its someone elses car. You have to be going some to make a 350 slide off the road, a lot of people on here would argue that you shouldnt be pushing that hard on the road at all, never mind in an unfamiliar car.

And Im not going to ask the question, but if he was uninsured then Id just be glad he didnt hit something softer and more alive ;)

He was insured on DOC on his policy. He came round a roundabout and booted it too hard as the road opened up, stupidly I didn't turn on TC when letting him take over. When we hit the grass it was damp/wet so just slid and hit the wooden posts of the fence. She carries a lot of momentum. We honestly weren't going much more than 30-40 on a large dual carriageway road (NSL) he just made a ham fisted attempt at correcting and just cocked up basically.

I hear what you're saying about letting friends, but now it really would make me think twice.

I'd assumed he was insured TP, as you'd be crazy (and in legal trouble) to let someone drive your car if they weren't!

We are both very honest people, and we wouldn't do anything like that if we weren't covered. His TP will pay for the farmer's fence. His bank account will pay for the reparations or whatever of my car. I'm crossing everything it can be fixed. He's happy to spend whatever it takes.

OMG! Sorry female reaction. Feel for you all! As said brilliant attitude....life's lessons are often expensive!

Keep smiling😇 love your concern for your wife tooí ½í¸ good man! 😎

Lotsa work for you to do now tho😰

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with a Female reaction very welcomed! My first reaction was "are you okay" followed by "don't worry dude we'll be okay" followed by "what will my wife say/think after what she's just been through!"

I couldn't and would never hold it against him and if we weren't close I'd never had let him drive my car. He's my best friend and friendship is worth more than metal.

I just feel bad because I want to support my wife through her loss, but also want to feel sorry for myself about my car.... :lol:

Yup it is gonna cost a fair bit.

If anyone knows any good body shops that they can recommend please feel free to post in here or PM me. :)