Cosworth shortblock or Brian Crower 4.15L kit

TT350

I'm sure I posted this in the forced induction section lol.

Indeed low compression.

I'm not sure I want anywhere near 1000bhp. My turbo's are only good for circa 600bhp and I really can't be assed changing them.

I did google the question but very few people are running either of them.

Anything cosworth related brings up Ford shizzle.

I'm leaning towards cosworth because it all comes built. BC would need machining balancing etc.

Why cosworth short block? I'm sure you can get Lo comp forged pistons and rods set, camps etc and get a competent builder in UK or US to build you your own short or long block for cheaper for about the same money,

As attractive as stroking is effectively increasing your displacement it's completely unnecessary when FI and especially when you add the complexity of sleeving if you with any thing bigger than 3.9l, you end up with more problems than it's wortth.

Go to my350z.com and do your due diligence.

• Like 1

Why cosworth short block?

It comes fully balanced and assembled by cosworth technicians so basically plug and play (I use the term loosely) so no need for too much down time or machining.

I know but the question is why pay so much for a short block when you can buy the parts and have a good shop assemble and balance and blueprint the whole thing for you? The extra money save can be put to good use elsewhere IMHO. But its you dosh so do what you must just my 2p :)

Why cosworth short block?

It comes fully balanced and assembled by cosworth technicians so basically plug and play (I use the term loosely) so no need for too much down time or machining.

I know but the question is why pay so much for a short block when you can buy the parts and have a good shop assemble and balance and blueprint the whole thing for you? The extra money save can be put to good use elsewhere IMHO. But its you dosh so do what you must just my 2p :)

It's just a case of convenience and limiting opportunity for **** ups should the machine shop not quite be used to such a thing. When a company falls short on experience and bite of more than they can chew they soon lose patience. That costs more in the long run.

Appreciate any input. For and against. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...