Brillo's New Ride - FOR SALE!

brillomaster

you're not wrong! I was budgeting £11-12k for a good one, and there were plenty of dealer cars of a similar age and mileage for £13-14k.

I would have happily paid the asking price for my car, but to get another £800 off almost feels like stealing! Still, probably a good idea to have a few ks in the bank in case something breaks, doing my research certainly showed up a lot of things that could break.

but hopefully all will be well for a while - should give your E46 M3 a run for its money (in a straight line obviously!)

yeah, give me a few months to put some decent wheels on it and i'll report back with more photos - its number one on my list of things to do.. should probably make sure I have decent wide rubber on the rear before getting a remap!

Should give your E46 M3 a run for its money (in a straight line obviously!)

At 370BHP it will certainly be quicker than my e46 M3 in a straight line. My e46 is a fair bit lighter and more agile than when you had a few laps in it so I fancy my chances on a 0-60, or anywhere with corners, but after that it's hard to argue with 370bhp VS 340bhp... Nice bit of kit.

• 2 months later...

although i have seen an exhaust with an electronically controlled bypass valve, which sounds interesting...

Not heard or seen anything like that on the 335i before. The main 'issue' with perceived lack of noise in the 335i is due to how well the interior is insulated.

Even the standard exhaust is quite loud to everyone outside the car. This is probably why virtually every new BMW produces 'fake' engine noise through the speakers, even the F10 M5 and the new M3.

A lot of the aftermarket items suffer from dronning at M way speeds, so pick your back boxes carefully.

Edited by gangzoom

the company im looking at make two exhausts for the 335i:

http://www.designtek.eu/BMW/3-Series-E92-Coupe-07----E93-Cabrio-07-/Silencers---Mufflers/pt63_2395_-cma578-cmo1755/

I'm going to have to do something, the standard exhaust has no bass, no pops and crackles, no nothing! is so quiet you could happily drive around at 4000 rpm and not notice!

Never seen that before, not sure I understand what it's suppose to do.

If you want more noise remove the primary cats, and replace them VRSF items. These get good review, they are cheap, and fit well.

http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-3-stainless-steel-catless-downpipes-n54-07-10-bmw-335i-08-10-bmw-135i.html

If you want more muffler noise you can cut open and mod your OEM exhaust to make it similar to the official BMW performance items (£1000+ last time I checked).

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739970

Well that hasnt gone well. came home all excited and going to fit my new wheels, but apparently not...

got one wheel on. and broke a crappy bmw jacking point, which was made of a hard cheese rather than metal.

so tomorrow i will drive to work with one missized wheel, then take it to a garage and get them to do fit the other three at the weekend.

Well that hasnt gone well. came home all excited and going to fit my new wheels, but apparently not...

got one wheel on. and broke a crappy bmw jacking point, which was made of a hard cheese rather than metal.

so tomorrow i will drive to work with one missized wheel, then take it to a garage and get them to do fit the other three at the weekend.

Photo else it never happend :)

• 1 year later...

oh I got a bargain lol but similar mileages are still fetching good money on autotrader, plus i'm hoping blue with cream leather is a sought after combination.

but hey, you gotta speculate to accumulate, right?! plus I'm in no rush to sell really, so I'll run two weeks with a higher price and see if there are any nibbles, then drop it down to a more realistic £7900.