space saver wheel question

Dashurik

Hi zeders!

Apologies in advance if its a dumb question!

I have space saver wheel,which I think is 16" and big profile tyre.My car wheels are 19" and 35mm profile.Can I use space saver in emergency or its a big NO NO with my current set up?

Edited by Dashurik

depends how close the rolling diameter of the spare compares to the 19s you have on the car - do a willtheyfit comparison between the two tyre sizes, if they're within a few percentage you'll be fine.

obviously if you use the spare be aware that one wheel has massively less grip than the other 3...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

As others have said...so long as you have wheels with the correct rolling radius you won't have an issue, as for brake clearance if your car came as standard with Brembo's the spare is extra deep to fit, mine did and I run 20" and have had the spare on the front and the back with no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by bytespc

Am I right in thinking, the standard space save will fit on the rear axle however not the front due to brake caliper clearance?

David

Spare must ALWAYS go on the non-driven wheels, regardless of car. If on 4x4, it goes on the front. If it won't fit, then call the breakdown services.