Sun Roof

Dicky

It would seem to be a dying craft as volumes are low for sunroofs these days and lots of companies have dropped the idea. There's a reasonable looking company in Leicestershire called AutoRoofs UK ltd, who sound proffessional, but it's a bit to far for me. However there's another place in Sunderland near where I live who also fit Webasto sunroofs. A spoiler type ie one that slides back and sticks up slightly is around £800 to £900 fitted. The guy I spoke to needs to call Webasto to determine if it will fit ok, I also need to check my insurance Co

It would seem to be a dying craft as volumes are low for sunroofs these days and lots of companies have dropped the idea.

Most cars now have A/C and few manufacturers have a sunroof option. Had a few cars with factory fitted sliding, tilting sunroofs, mainly Fords, and they all sprung leaks at one stage.

Pete

I'm a big fan of sunroof! 2 of my previous cars have sunroof and I absolutely loved it. And lucky enough that both of them have no issue at all.

Same! All my previous cars had sunroofs, including my very first car (Fiat Uno) which was just a sliding one, never had any leaks at all.

Personal choice I think, same with body kits, wheels, spoilers etc.... It may not be to everyone's taste, but who cares what everyone else thinks. If you like it, that's all that matters... I personally like the idea but would never have a convertible as I can't stand them...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update just to give you an idea if cost.

Just been quoted £810, fitted, by a local company for a Webasto 300 Delux (apparently the only one that will fit) electronically controlled sunroof.