Can I borrow some wheels?

Durk

This may seem an odd request, but has anybody local to Coventry got a spare set of wheels (any) that I can swap onto my zed while mine are refurbished, then return them to you after?

I don't want to leave my car with the wheel refurb guys and so I thought the easiest thing for me to do is just change the wheels over for the 2 days... I asked if they can provide some loan wheels but they don't have any...

So if you have a spare set of wheels sat in the garage and you are near Coventry... please send me a PM :thumbs:

Prop the car up on axle stands or blocks when the wheels are away. :thumbs:

I haven't got anything to do that with either, just the scissor jack that's with the space saver :blush:

I'm not sure if it's worth buying though, I don't really know what i'm doing with it!

Edited by Durk

i have a set of 17" you can borrow - over in Kings Lynn though

Bit far unfortunately, but thanks for the offer :thumbs:

If you can collect from Woking, I have wheels with tyres you can borrow. Or if you pay the postage you can have some wood :lol:

Closer than Mudman but still a bit much I think, thanks though!

I should be ok for wood :p

Whats wrong with just leaving your car at the garage, seems like a lot of hassle not to.

That was the original plan, but after a few recent conversations with people about having my wheels done they've all advised against leaving it with them and I've been swayed to agree with them! :surrender:

I'll probably end up going for some of those halfrauds axle stands, give it a go at jacking it up and putting them underneath... although after searching the forum it seems they won't sit right on the sills because they're flat and may cause damage

so either some wood with a groove cut in it or a hockey puck with a groove cut in it?

I feel like i've made a bit of a fuss over something that should really be pretty simple to most people :blush:

Edited by Durk

I had my Zed sat on four axel stands last year during the horrific winds :scare: I must admit the two weeks seemed like two years, but it was fine. Save some money and purchase axel stands; you will get your use out of them.