Bird Poo

bytespc

I live near the seaside, came home yesterday and the drivers side was obliterated with the stuff!

It's so frustrating as you end up washing the whole car again to balance it out.

Anyone tried the bird poo remover from halfords?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just foamed the car and pressure washed the lumps...all came off though there does appear to be marks in the opti coat ED Divine Detail........HELP what can we use to remove them without scratching the opti ?

Edited by bytespc

Bird poop will remove sealants and waxes. The only way to avoid it is to remove it immediately.

+1 (even if means having a bottle of water/microfibe in the car when it happens away from home) :)

My neighbours feed birds and have all these stands and stuff so they're attracted near my house I'm lucky if my car lasts a day :(

Got that too with a neighbour in her nineties who is housebound and the family have put up a stand, right on the boundary with us and next to where we park our cars, for her to see the birds - what do you do....... :shrug: Just means more car washing :dry:

Surprising how many people don't know the effect it has on cars. A big splat was left for days on a nearly new Cayman down our street - I was almost tempted to clean the poor thing myself. I say live and let live though - if people want to feed birds I think they should be able to do that but I'd be tempted to have a polite word if it meant my car was getting pooped on every day. A car cover is an option if it's not a daily driver - saved mine from a poop attack on a few occasions now and cleans off the cover easily. :)

Edited by sipar69

get it off straight or it will eat into the lacquer

if it has hardened then soak a rag in warm water, place it on top and leave until it softens, then wash off, dont clean it off when its dry it will scratch

afaik when it has eaten into the lacquer the only choices you have is to try and wet sand or respray

The way to do it is described by GIXXERUK above. I always carry a microfibre cloth in the boot with a bottle of detailing spray if I leave the car for only a short time, If its dry you need to soak the crap later, sometimes I put warm wet kitchen paper on it it to soften it before washing it off. All sounds a bit surreal really but you can see the top lacquer being degraded in a day or two if you do not take action.