strange smell

jimboy2

My car is giving off a very strange odour On start up, it seems to disapere when I put air con on but may be coincedence.

The Mrs is moaning And thinks it's my feet (it's possible lol)

Hoping it's the cats for a good excuse for HFC

My car is giving off a very strange odour

Spilled anything? I only ask because I once knocked over a pint of milk (only about 50 mls actually came out) and a couple of days later not only did the car stink but was invaded by a horde of bluebottles :scare: . And yes, I did clean up the milk within a few minutes of it spilling, guess it soaked into the carpet.

Pete

So used a similar air cone bomb to the one posted above. seems to have worked quite well. have yet to take the car out for a long enough drive to see if the smell has completely gone, but fingers crossed this has worked.

had never heard of these before starting this thread. cos about 8 quid. all you do is run the car for 2 mins with air con on high and in recirc moce, i put the can on the arm rest and you push it down till it clicks and then close the doors. once it runs out you leave the car running for 10 mins and then open all doors and vent for a further 10 and then done! smells like new.

be quite a good thing to do before selling a car :teeth: